Used 2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Super Suzuki
By Tg

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

No SUV with better interior space! Interior has held up very well! Nearly 200,000 miles and only basic maintenance!

Much more than expected.
By Tom LaBuff

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought/ leased because it was a great deal and my friend recommended the car based on his positive experiences with an older model. When the lease was up, I purchased the car outright! It has served me well for almost 8 years with only a minor glitch (timing belt needed replaced) which was taken care of by the warranty. It seats seven adults, though the rear seat should be reserved for smaller folks or kids. I've had three teenage girls ride comfortably back there! It rides comfortably and quietly; it has an extraordinary number of standard feature not usually found on a base model. And it can be used to haul a LOT of stuff if you choose to put all the seats down. The gas mileage is not great - 18-19 around town and 25-28 on the highway. But it has, otherwise been a low-maintenance vehicle. A great family car.

2008 XL7
By tap17

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I bought it with 35,000 miles in 2011. It's been 3 years and 50,000 miles later and I still love it.

The body is holding up well (no rust, no peeling paint...still looks great!). The engine is holding up well (no leaks, sounds good, etc.). The interior leather, etc. is still in excellent condition.

Overall, I have no complaints. It's not a luxury make, but I didn't have to pay a luxury price.

It has a LOT of features for the price: all leather, moon roof, remote start, heated front seats, DVD navigation, backup camera, etc. Fuel economy is OK...in the summer months I average about 20 mpg. In the winter, when I take advantage of the remote start a lot, I get about 17. The AWD is awesome in Erie, PA winters!

DVD navigation is out of date and no updates are available. No big deal though...I have a cell phone if I need it.

Excellent SUV
By metrodesign

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up review I posted at 22,000 miles under the name "Michael." Now I have 64,000 miles on this vehicle and am just as impressed as I was back then. I have had almost no problems (still original brakes) and consider the performance superb. The best features are: acceleration, smooth power transfer, handling, stability and reliability. The only repairs I had was to replace the driver's door handle twice and replace the anti-sway bar bushing and links, but this is a small price to pay for an otherwise excellent vehicle. It needs quality tires like Goodyear CS Assurance TripleTred for good handling.

Engine and transmission; handling; traction; controls on steering wheel; non reflective dashboard; versatile interior and reasonable size for a medium sized SUV.

Better quality hardware like door handles and the way power socket fits into console.

Not reliable
By volleyballmom

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I had found the perfect car when I purchased my XL-7 three years ago.
I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after 30,000 miles.
The little things that should happen at 70,000 miles happen at 25,000 miles with this car. The paint peels, the locks break, the levers fall apart, lights and sensors come on.
The factory tires are aweful.
Not a good value.

three rows of seating

visibility in rear view window. window control placement, quality, fit and finish