Used 2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

2008 XL7
By tap17

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I bought it with 35,000 miles in 2011. It's been 3 years and 50,000 miles later and I still love it. The body is holding up well (no rust, no peeling paint...still looks great!). The engine is holding up well (no leaks, sounds good, etc.). The interior leather, etc. is still in excellent condition. Overall, I have no complaints. It's not a luxury make, but I didn't have to pay a luxury price.

It has a LOT of features for the price: all leather, moon roof, remote start, heated front seats, DVD navigation, backup camera, etc. Fuel economy is OK...in the summer months I average about 20 mpg. In the winter, when I take advantage of the remote start a lot, I get about 17. The AWD is awesome in Erie, PA winters!

DVD navigation is out of date and no updates are available. No big deal though...I have a cell phone if I need it.

Excellent SUV
By metrodesign

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up review I posted at 22,000 miles under the name "Michael." Now I have 64,000 miles on this vehicle and am just as impressed as I was back then. I have had almost no problems (still original brakes) and consider the performance superb. The best features are: acceleration, smooth power transfer, handling, stability and reliability. The only repairs I had was to replace the driver's door handle twice and replace the anti-sway bar bushing and links, but this is a small price to pay for an otherwise excellent vehicle. It needs quality tires like Goodyear CS Assurance TripleTred for good handling.

Engine and transmission; handling; traction; controls on steering wheel; non reflective dashboard; versatile interior and reasonable size for a medium sized SUV.

Better quality hardware like door handles and the way power socket fits into console.

Not reliable
By volleyballmom

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I had found the perfect car when I purchased my XL-7 three years ago. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after 30,000 miles. The little things that should happen at 70,000 miles happen at 25,000 miles with this car. The paint peels, the locks break, the levers fall apart, lights and sensors come on. The factory tires are aweful. Not a good value.

three rows of seating

visibility in rear view window. window control placement, quality, fit and finish

Beware of Suzuki
By ckfranz84

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I did alot of research before purchasing a new car, and intially did not think about a Suzuki, but the dealer had this for a fantastic price with very little mileage. Since it was my first nice car I went for it, and was excited but now 2 years later I couldn't be more disappointed. In the past few month the paint has started to crack, and chip off in big chunks on the roof and hood, but Suzuki will not fix it because it is out of its 36000 mile warranty, even though it is obviously a manufacturer defect. I am very frustrated with Suzuki, and for this problem alone would not recommend buying from them.

It is roomy.

Fix what is obviously a manufacturer defect! Also it has bad blind spots.

Great SUV for the money
By rdparks

2008 Suzuki XL7 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used as an import from the States. My wife insisted on a vehicle with leather, 7 seats and AWD. The car has been completely problem free since we bought it over 2 years ago. Oil changes cost a ton but are miles apart because it requires synthetic oil. We have put over 50K (Miles not Kilometres) on the vehicle since we bought it. It does lack sex appeal and the interior feels cheap. But after a bit we have become very comfortable with the car and are very happy I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.