2008 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:
Excellent SUV
By metrodesign on 12/24/12 08:30 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up review I posted at 22,000 miles under the name "Michael." Now I have 64,000 miles on this vehicle and am just as impressed as I was back then. I have had almost no problems (still original brakes) and consider the performance superb. The best features are: acceleration, smooth power transfer, handling, stability and reliability. The only repairs I had was to replace the driver's door handle twice and replace the anti-sway bar bushing and links, but this is a small price to pay for an otherwise excellent vehicle. It needs quality tires like Goodyear CS Assurance TripleTred for good handling.

Not reliable
By volleyballmom on 01/05/12 12:03 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I had found the perfect car when I purchased my XL-7 three years ago. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after 30,000 miles. The little things that should happen at 70,000 miles happen at 25,000 miles with this car. The paint peels, the locks break, the levers fall apart, lights and sensors come on. The factory tires are aweful. Not a good value.

Beware of Suzuki
By ckfranz84 on 12/06/11 07:21 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I did alot of research before purchasing a new car, and intially did not think about a Suzuki, but the dealer had this for a fantastic price with very little mileage. Since it was my first nice car I went for it, and was excited but now 2 years later I couldn't be more disappointed. In the past few month the paint has started to crack, and chip off in big chunks on the roof and hood, but Suzuki will not fix it because it is out of its 36000 mile warranty, even though it is obviously a manufacturer defect. I am very frustrated with Suzuki, and for this problem alone would not recommend buying from them.

Great SUV for the money
By rdparks on 07/13/11 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used as an import from the States. My wife insisted on a vehicle with leather, 7 seats and AWD. The car has been completely problem free since we bought it over 2 years ago. Oil changes cost a ton but are miles apart because it requires synthetic oil. We have put over 50K (Miles not Kilometres) on the vehicle since we bought it. It does lack sex appeal and the interior feels cheap. But after a bit we have become very comfortable with the car and are very happy I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

My worst purchase ever
By krjohnson on 07/03/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I was not looking for an SUV. Due to the fact that there was a $5000 rebate, and I was promised by the dealership that "they" would furnish free tires for life as long as I owned the vehicle. Within the first two weeks of owning the car, the dealership closed, so all promises were off. At 55,000 miles, every light on the dash came on. The timing chain and a wheel barren had to be replaced. The lights continued to come on, they replaced a motor mount. There is an annoying constant noise in the steering, warranty does not cover this, and the front driver's side fender comes loose every time the car is driven. American Suzuki is not willing to buy the junk back.

Likin' it so far...
By hav on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it to tow a trailer from CA to SD in addition to the good cargo space. Did great. Got 23-24 mpg with trailer. Mileage is very responsive to speed. If you don't speed, the mileage increases, go figure! Car has been great for the couple months I've had it and made the long trip without a hitch(figuratively).

Having problems
By Bill on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased XL7 June 09 for $14K with 23K & now have less than 39K miles. The vehicle is well maintained. So far, its been returned to dealer for repairs under warrenty to A/C not cooling & 2 door lock actuators not working. The tires began to wear, so I paid for new tires & alignment in April 2010, which I thought was to soon. On aug 15, 2010, I opened the back side door & the exterior door handle came off in my hand. I drove to the nearest Suzuki dealer & was told that it was not under warrenty. Called Suzuki of America & their Region Rep took a look at it & said that no "goodwill" would be provided. Suzuki needs honor their vehicles quality & repair the door handle at no cost to me.

sun roof leak
By pat chambers on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

this car is great but I would never ever buy another Suzuki because the sun roof leaks all the time and the interior is soaked with water coming in all the lights overhead. Have had it to the dealer 5 times with no help. I am totally disgusted and will never buy another Suzuki product. I have talked to 8 other people with the same sun roof problem with no success.

Nightmare
By DRS on 07/25/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nightmare from day one! On the way home after purchase shimmy in the front brakes. Had to true rotors. Transfer case and left axle seals leaking. A/c quit had to replace havc head. Cd player quit had to replace radio/cd unit. Driver door was sticking had to adjust. Horn quit had to replace. Wipers quit had to replace wiper control. Had mold coming out of air vents had to replace evap coil in the a/c. Esp and traction control quit working had to replace hydraulic control unit. My just found new problem is my tire pressure monitoring system. My rf reads as my rr and vice versa. This is my story! I can't use the lemon law because they are all different problems! All these nice reviews. Why me?

Surprised
By Tim on 04/23/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving several vehicles, the Suzuki stuck in my mind better than any other. The size, and agility were the most impressive. I have no problem downshifting to help pass on the highway. Around town is fun to drive too.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Suzuki XL7 in WA is:

$146 per month*