Used 2008 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

I relate..Good&Bad.
By K.M.

2008 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The bad-Reading through these reviews has opened my eyes to a few things..i tried opening my pass side door and found myself standing outside of the vehicle holding the door handle in my hand,I see others have had the same thing happen and my locks can be tricky sometimes & now i realize the locks must not be great to begin with if its happening on other xl-7's...and my last complaint is the fenders i read others have had their fenders start to pull out of place which has happened on both front fenders of my Suzuki.
The good-
It has amazing space,3rd row. My kids can control their heat/air from the back seat & the vents are on the roof so they dnt play with them,they stay in the position i put them in. I like the rear wiper blade,nice to have in a 3d row to make it easier to see in snow/rain. There is a charger port in backseat as well,comes in handy for kids & their electronics. Alot of Space when putting dwn the seats. Back hatch opens very nice but i had one problem with it slowly shutting itself only happened one time. I bought my Suzuki used & over 5 yrs old but have read that even a few yrs newer have the same issues..Locks/Fenders/Door Handle/Sensors. So it must be a common problem and i wldnt purchase this vehicle for any more than half of the price its worth bc of the problems but i do recommend buying it if its at a low cost or reduced price,bc it seems to have no major issues and is a nice family vehicle when all the little things aren't going wrong. Thanks everyone Your reviews really helped me understand my vehicle & that im not at fault for those things.

Super Suzuki
By Tg

2008 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

No SUV with better interior space! Interior has held up very well! Nearly 200,000 miles and only basic maintenance!

Much more than expected.
By Tom LaBuff

2008 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought/ leased because it was a great deal and my friend recommended the car based on his positive experiences with an older model. When the lease was up, I purchased the car outright! It has served me well for almost 8 years with only a minor glitch (timing belt needed replaced) which was taken care of by the warranty. It seats seven adults, though the rear seat should be reserved for smaller folks or kids. I've had three teenage girls ride comfortably back there! It rides comfortably and quietly; it has an extraordinary number of standard feature not usually found on a base model. And it can be used to haul a LOT of stuff if you choose to put all the seats down. The gas mileage is not great - 18-19 around town and 25-28 on the highway. But it has, otherwise been a low-maintenance vehicle. A great family car.

2008 XL7
By tap17

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I bought it with 35,000 miles in 2011. It's been 3 years and 50,000 miles later and I still love it.

The body is holding up well (no rust, no peeling paint...still looks great!). The engine is holding up well (no leaks, sounds good, etc.). The interior leather, etc. is still in excellent condition.

Overall, I have no complaints. It's not a luxury make, but I didn't have to pay a luxury price.

It has a LOT of features for the price: all leather, moon roof, remote start, heated front seats, DVD navigation, backup camera, etc. Fuel economy is OK...in the summer months I average about 20 mpg. In the winter, when I take advantage of the remote start a lot, I get about 17. The AWD is awesome in Erie, PA winters!

DVD navigation is out of date and no updates are available. No big deal though...I have a cell phone if I need it.

Excellent SUV
By metrodesign

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a follow-up review I posted at 22,000 miles under the name "Michael." Now I have 64,000 miles on this vehicle and am just as impressed as I was back then. I have had almost no problems (still original brakes) and consider the performance superb. The best features are: acceleration, smooth power transfer, handling, stability and reliability. The only repairs I had was to replace the driver's door handle twice and replace the anti-sway bar bushing and links, but this is a small price to pay for an otherwise excellent vehicle. It needs quality tires like Goodyear CS Assurance TripleTred for good handling.

Engine and transmission; handling; traction; controls on steering wheel; non reflective dashboard; versatile interior and reasonable size for a medium sized SUV.

Better quality hardware like door handles and the way power socket fits into console.