Used 2008 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Most Helpful|
2008 XL7
By tap17

2008 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. I bought it with 35,000 miles in 2011. It's been 3 years and 50,000 miles later and I still love it. The body is holding up well (no rust, no peeling paint...still looks great!). The engine is holding up well (no leaks, sounds good, etc.). The interior leather, etc. is still in excellent condition. Overall, I have no complaints. It's not a luxury make, but I didn't have to pay a luxury price.

Favorite Features

It has a LOT of features for the price: all leather, moon roof, remote start, heated front seats, DVD navigation, backup camera, etc. Fuel economy is OK...in the summer months I average about 20 mpg. In the winter, when I take advantage of the remote start a lot, I get about 17. The AWD is awesome in Erie, PA winters!

Suggested Improvements

DVD navigation is out of date and no updates are available. No big deal though...I have a cell phone if I need it.

My worst purchase ever
By krjohnson

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased this vehicle, I was not looking for an SUV. Due to the fact that there was a $5000 rebate, and I was promised by the dealership that "they" would furnish free tires for life as long as I owned the vehicle. Within the first two weeks of owning the car, the dealership closed, so all promises were off. At 55,000 miles, every light on the dash came on. The timing chain and a wheel barren had to be replaced. The lights continued to come on, they replaced a motor mount. There is an annoying constant noise in the steering, warranty does not cover this, and the front driver's side fender comes loose every time the car is driven. American Suzuki is not willing to buy the junk back.

Not reliable
By volleyballmom

2008 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I had found the perfect car when I purchased my XL-7 three years ago. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after 30,000 miles. The little things that should happen at 70,000 miles happen at 25,000 miles with this car. The paint peels, the locks break, the levers fall apart, lights and sensors come on. The factory tires are aweful. Not a good value.

Favorite Features

three rows of seating

Suggested Improvements

visibility in rear view window. window control placement, quality, fit and finish

Beware of Suzuki
By ckfranz84

2008 Suzuki XL7 Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I did alot of research before purchasing a new car, and intially did not think about a Suzuki, but the dealer had this for a fantastic price with very little mileage. Since it was my first nice car I went for it, and was excited but now 2 years later I couldn't be more disappointed. In the past few month the paint has started to crack, and chip off in big chunks on the roof and hood, but Suzuki will not fix it because it is out of its 36000 mile warranty, even though it is obviously a manufacturer defect. I am very frustrated with Suzuki, and for this problem alone would not recommend buying from them.

Favorite Features

It is roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix what is obviously a manufacturer defect! Also it has bad blind spots.

Gas drinker
By Melinda McCullough

2008 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for two weeks and I have put $130.00 in it driving just in town which is an average of 24 Miles per day. It evaporates the gas, took it in to Suzuki and they found nothing wrong. Saw another Lady at church and she asked me if my car drank allot of gas.I said yes,it does she said hers does as well. Same model and year 08 XL7. Needs to be built fuel economic. Uses to much gas.