2007 Suzuki XL7 3.6L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row Consumer Review - Will I ever learn??

2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row)

Will I ever learn??
By Bob Miller on

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purcheased an 07 AWD with 24K miles from an individual, next day the engine light was on. My auto tech son put on scanner and in 5 min said it had a bad catalytic converter. Vehicle still under warranty so took it to a dealer in Denver area next day. Their highly trained techs took two and a half hrs and diagnosed catalytic converter needed replaced. Ordered parts and need to go back to fix...sometime. Dealer rep had a real unpleasant attitude. Only experienced this once before, also with a GM product (03 Pontiac). Swore I would never buy another GM product...should have learned my lesson previouly and stayed away from GM related items also. Will I ever learn???

Favorite Features

Like styling, room and performance. Just took a 120 mile trip to mountains with 5 grandkids. Had enoug HP and torque to pull the mountain passes smoothly and we were all very comfotable, averaged 23mpg. Pretty good for this size vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Stay away from GM, it went bankrupt for a good reason...shoddy products and service. Road noise while driving could be improved