2007 Suzuki XL 7
By dikay29 on
2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
When we bought this car in January, 1009 we thought we hit the jackpot. It had everything leather heated seats, remote start, entertainment center, etc. About October, 2010 the check engine light came on wanting the gas cap tightened which we decided to change thinking the cap was wore out. It kept going off and coming back on. In November, 2010 on a trip in the rain we experienced the traction and stability control shut off. Before it was said and done we had to have the timing gear and chain replaced and the steering and pinion rack. 2 months later here we are trading vehicles because the timing chain needs to be replaced again and 2 different dealers are giving us attitude about it.
Favorite Features
Handles good, Rides comfortable, Loved the entertainment center and all the luxurious ammenities. Reasonably priced.
Suggested Improvements
Side trim needs to be either built to hold up to weight or removed. Needs a different motor.
By cmtlovey
on 02/22/13 10:54 AM (PST)

I have all the same issues...December 19 2012 went in to have the timing chain changed AGAIN, tells me i'll be seeing you soon except next time it will be for a new engine because the oil pump is going to go next. it's a common problem and it always happens... well so we started thinking we better start looking for a new car because we only have 14,000 left for warrenty.. HA Feb 9, my oil pump went out.. Well I finally got it back on friday the 15 I didn't even make it home and the check engine light came on. so turned around and went right back. they told me there was nothing they could do for 150 miles unless i wanted to pay for it. it was the catalytic converter and is a common problem for that to happen when they put in a new engine. Well i'm tired of hearing it's a common problem why not tell me this when I got it. any way they deleted the code and sent me home. I get home and run my babysitter home, stop off at a car lot and get my car priced and notice a little tap that wasn't there earlier he took all the info and i gave him my number to call me at home so I could get the kids home and guess what the engine light pops on, to late to call and they are not in until Monday. On all weekend, I noticed the tapping seemed to be louder..So on my way to school monday I smelled this burning, and pulled off first thing I checked was the oil and guess what nothing on the dipstick at all. the store I was near didn't have oil, so I got it to the next store, bought the 5qt jug, and grabbed an extra one since it said 5.5 qts of oil.... well I put the 5 qts in and it still didn't read on the dip stick, so I figured ok need to drive around a bit to get it circulated before it would read. So drove the 5 miles to school. check again and nothing. so I put half the other quart in and it finally showed up on the dipstick. Went into school because it was to early to call the shop. Came back out on break and jumped in the car to go for the smoke break. again smelled something funny, but i called the dealership to let them know what was going on. On my way back there was white smoke coming from under the hood,Got back to the school, and noticed a wet spot where I was parked. Pulled in and checked it, and yep it was oil, looked up at the engine to see where it was coming from and the entire bottom of the car was covered with oil. called them and told them to come and get it. the tow truck couldn't make it until the next day, but i had a car to come get me after school. Went back the next day and oils was running down through the parking lot......tow truck driver got to the shop and told them it was running out still and was on the bed of his truck...... well it is now friday they called and said that I had over filled it, and that why there was oil coming out, that they couldn't find a leak anywhere in but was going to change the catalytic converter and o2 sensor and I can come and get it when it's ready....