Bad engine
By shelton07 on
2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
When I first purchased this vehicle, I was in love with it. It had a lot of room and extra features and it did not cost a lot money. However, after only 60,000 miles, I realized why it was so cheap. The engine light came on and when we took it to the Suzuki dealer they informed us that there was sludge in the engine because we had not changed the oil. I had them pull my account - since the oil had been changed at the dealer ever 3000 miles -they then informed us that the warranty was no longer good 60,543 miles! It ran out at 60,000. We had to spend over $3000 to have the engine rebuilt by a local garage. Suzuki said it would cost us $7000. Do not buy this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
After we rebuilt the engine - 2 days later the check engine light was on again and it was a transmission sensor which cost us $100 to replace. When we called the Suzuki dealer they informed us they no longer dealt with Suzuki so we have to drive over 3 hours to the nearest dealership!!! When we called that dealership they were very rude and did not return our phone calls. We finally went online to buy the parts we needed to fix the car! The horn works randomly, the heat stops working randomly, it seems to be some type of electrical problem in the dashboard - not sure. We would not suggest buying any Suzuki vehicle. We want to trade but of course the trade in value is ridiculous.
By nceric
on 03/31/11 06:16 AM (PDT)

This sounds similar to my experience with this car. I bought it at 20,000 miles and kept it until 45000 miles. In that short time, three wheel bearings had to be replaced and the check engine light came on with the same problems you mentioned. Suzuki was ok with replacing the bearings, but the parts they used were very cheap. I traded it in at a loss before the engine went. I learned my lesson, never buy a Suzuki, they are junk. I'm glad to read that I am not alone with my Suzuki experience. I am so sorry to hear that you are stuck with the car. I hope that you are able to get rid of it soon!