2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Review: Airbag issues!

2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Review

Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic w/3rd Row, DVD)

Airbag issues!
By Upset in Florida on

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my XL7 with approx 70 miles on it. First couple of months it was back at the dealers for repairs, spent more time there than with me. Then, going over a bridge and it sounded like a gun went off in the cab! The airbag on the passenger side went through the 1st stage of deployment in the dashboard. Took it in, no codes registered. However they did replaced the airbag and the dashboard. Now, here it is a few months later and it happened again! Same side.. first stage of deployment, no codes, but now Suzuki is saying.. sorry no codes.. it didn't happen.. I have the perforation mark in the dashboard from deployment! Everything is the same as the first time!

I am now stuck with this car because of the deprication, I purchased this just over 1 year ago for $24,000 and now I can only get $10,000 for a trade in value. (I owe a lot more than that) Even at the dealership I originally purchased it at. Fine, let the pregnant woman keep driving an unsafe car!

There should be a program for this kind of senerio. It is not that I want a "new" car. I just don't feel safe driving a vehicle that I still owe almost $20,000 on! Seriously, what if I am driving this vehicle through rush hour traffic & the airbags deploy? I have children, this is not morally right.