Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Too many trips to be repaired!
By Melissa

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our XL7 after reading and researching all the midsize SUV's. The honeymoon was over about 3,000 miles into it. We have had to take it back to the dealership 3 or 4 times because the "motor mount" kept causing problems with the ignition and thumping and knocking noises from the bottom. We also had trouble with a clicking sound in the odometer area. They told us at the dealership that it would resolve itself...not. Love the look of the car and would be 100% satisfied if we hadn't had to keep going back for repairs (the same thing each time) Seems like Suzuki didn't work out all the kinks on the 2007 XL7. We probably won't buy another, but what do you do? We'll keep it for now.

Seat warmers, leather, it has a luxury feel for sure. Looks a lot like the Mercedes SUV.

Just get it right. Nobody wants to go back to the dealership 4 times in 6 months...yuck!

Lovin' it
By Nancy

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the steering response but haven't enjoyed the lack of steering range. Takes a lot of room to turn, love the seat warmers, do not like the lack of visibility and do not like the location of the window buttons. But overall I feel really good in the vehicle, feel safe, feel comfortable. Was torn between the Berry and Gold, got the gold and think I would have liked the Berry better now.

Reaction of steering, 7 passenger, seat warmers.

Make turning range sharper, put window buttons on the adjacent doors, include the luggage carrier bars with the damn car... what a surprise that I couldn't use the rack, no bars included.

"Best Buy" in my book
By duane

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a 3-row, FWD, V-6 suv and the XL-7 is THE best buy in the market. I looked at all manufacturers, especially Japanese, and no one could come close to the value the XL-7 represents!

Superb traction driving in the snow and varied terrain in Colorado mountains. The iPod jack on the radio is a nice touch.

I would give up a little horsepower for improvement in mpg.

Good car
By Jo

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We liked our 2005 XL7 so much that when we decided to get a new car we got the same model in a newer year. We also got the limited package instead of the base model. I love this car. It is great for taking the kids on a trip or just going to the grocery store. I love having the ability to have as much room as I need.

Third row. Heated seats. Radio controls on the steering wheel. It is a very safe car.

Proud to own
By CHERYLWILLIAMS

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely happy with my XL7. I traded in my 2004 Grand Vitara, as soon as the re-designed XL7 hit the showroom. I am in love with this vehicle! I get many compliments on the aerodynamic look of the vehicle! The handling is outstanding, gas mileage is better than the Grand Vitara, much more spacious than my husband's 2007 Honda Pilot (he's envious). Dashboard design is beautiful!! Suzuki has a real showstopper here!!

Design, interior space, third row extremely accommodating.

Have more of the options,such as GPS premium wheels, standard.