2007 Suzuki XL7 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Entry from Suzuki
By Jim

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The XL-7's driving comfort and ride are great. Its styling, especially the headlights, is unique and bold. I already have 4,000 miles and have never encountered any problem. In terms of safety, this SUV is deemed excellent as it is equipped with all available safety features. The engine is very powerful with 253 hp coupled with variable valve timing, thus passing is very quick. I purchased this car simply because of the engine, styling, and most importantly the affordable price.

Favorite Features

I like the handling and the style.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage should be improved, although it is at par or above competitors.

Best Buy I Have Ever Made
By egarkov

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is nearly perfect. It has great agility in traffic. It has plenty of room, is quiet, and is comfy.

Favorite Features

The Navigation system is very very easy to use. It has an excellent sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Add rear sensors for backing up, it is a long car.

Very Nice Car for a Road Warrior
By Michael A. Sousa

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the XL-7. I was the first one in the country to own a new one. I crashed my old 2003 XL-7. I went looking for a new vehicle and could not find anything as big with all the features for under $30,000. I purchased the luxury model. It has three rows of seats, side airbags, all wheel drive, leather, heated front seats, and a DVD system for the kids. The DVD system plays MP3's, that's over 1000 songs per DVD. Also, it's a dual mode system. That means that the kids can watch a movie and I can listen to my radio. This truck's cons include the lack of heated mirrors. My 2003 XL-7 had them and the Grand Vitara has them. This is a nice feature when driving. Also, it has no Sirius radio, factory system has XM and no converter. The only saving grace is a front auxiliary input.

Favorite Features

The heated leather seats and dimming mirror. I love how the DVD system is dual mode so that the kids have wireless headsets and I can listen to my radio.

Suggested Improvements

Offer Sirius radio and heated side mirrors, The rear window should be larger and there is no reason why it can't be. The view is too small through the mirror. The rear window should open either with a hinge or motorized like a Toyota 4Runner

Tons of Standard Features at a Low Price!
By guxu

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We tested more than five SUVs with third row seats and we found that the Suzuki XL-7 provides the best value. It has a long list of standard features. Suzuki did not do a great job to advertising the XL-7. Some features were not even listed in their specifications. Many web sites have the wrong information too. For example, the driver seat is 6-way power instead of 4-way power. It has reading lights for the second row, not just the front row, etc. Our local dealer is very nice, and they have no-hassle pricing, which is far below invoice. I noticed small paint problem inside of the front window frame this morning. But overall the vehicle seems to be very well made. And I do not notice any cheap materials.

Favorite Features

I like the DVD/CD system that supports MP3/WMA, the auto/manual transmission, and the on board computer that can display trip information and vehicle information.

Suggested Improvements

They should put a hard plastic as the left foot rest instead of carpet.

Huge Difference from First Gen XL-7
By XL7 owner ny

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from the 2004 the current model is vastly superior in ride comfort, dimensions, power (252 hp!) and technology / features. Suzuki really went all out with the gadgets: remote start; navigation; power seats; quality leather & materials; chrome wheels; even tossed in the free vehicle alarm and XM satellite radio! Compared to a similarly equipped Murano the XL-7 is approx $10,000 less. This is an extremely safe vehicle with side curtain airbags in all 3 rows. Suzuki really got it right with the new XL-7.

Favorite Features

The list is long: voice command touch screen navigation; XM satellite radio; compass / dimming mirror; aluminum roof rack; and the passenger seat folds up to be used as a desktop for your laptop; four (4) 12v power outlets; personalized computer options; individual psi readings for each tire!

Suggested Improvements

There's not much to add except for Bluetooth.

Warmed Over Chevy Equinox in Disguise!
By socalifguy

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV was bought by my wife, mostly by mistake, s she was interested in the Grand Vitara, and was talked into this piece of junk. It is without a doubt the worst vehicle I have ever owned or driven. Suzuki has some really great vehicles that they design and build, such as the Grand Vitara and new SX4. This ain't one of them! We sold it at a loss a month after we bought it. The previous evaluation was undoubtedly written by a dealer employee or salesman. Rating it a 10! Give me a break. It gets lousy gas mileage and has a noisy / thrashy engine. Its fit and finish are the worst I've ever seen, mismatched plastic, flimsy trim falling off in your hand. This is a thinly disguised Chevy Equinox, which is rated very low!

Favorite Features

None, we hated every inch of it. I would prefer a Yugo or Peugeot! At least I would expect one of those cars to fall apart in your hand. Lucky it has the great, long Suzuki warranty, because you'll need it!

Suggested Improvements

Buy a Grand Vitara instead, we did so once we took a big hit selling this "dump truck!"

Perfect Crossover Vehicle
By e garkov

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is responsive and agile. It's also comfortable and well equipped. It is a lot of vehicle for the money.

Favorite Features

I like the remote start option and its easy to use navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Trim out the lower front panel to disguise the lower radiator.

So Far ILlove It!
By MELISSA

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car seems very well made. It handles extremely well. It is extremely comfortable. We have only had it for five days, but it has been pure enjoyment. I want to live in it!

Favorite Features

The comfort, handling, everything!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far.

The BEST Decision I Have Ever Made!
By robinjl

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We have a 2006 Grand Vitara and love it. We had a smaller car that just didn't seem very safe, so we decided to spring for a second SUV with a third row of seating. We looked at Durangos, Chrysler Pacificas, etc... Nothing seemed as luxurious and spacious and priced right with high gas mileage, as the 2007 XL-7. When I drove the XL-7 vs. the other vehicles, the visibility and control I had were awesome. With two children, and a dog, this vehicle was the best purchase we have ever made.

Favorite Features

The AWD, roomy third row seating, Climate control etc...

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any. I love it, absolutely love it!