Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

My purple Suzi rules!
By waxnmama

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is way more than beyond my expectations! I drove a Ford minivan before and my Suzuki XL7 is a dream! Suzi has so much power and great handling.I appreciate the luxury I have, for the amount the price. The value is fabulous. It feels so good to drive around in a car you feel safe in. I love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The navigation system is neat, but the heated seats are so nice.

Suggested Improvements

I have found it difficult to see when backing up. I ask my kids to use their eyes to help in case I have missed something with the mirrors. A rear back up system would be appreciated.

Love our Suzuki
By Katie

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I travel for work and are in the car for hours at a time. This is very comfortable on long trip and gets really good gas mileage. (20/24) We did have a few problems with the airbag sensor, but the dealership was great to work with and we have had no problems since then.

Favorite Features

sound system, AWD, heated seats, safety features

Suggested Improvements

more storage in the front

Saved $$ but I Still Wanna Mazda CX-9!
By Wanna Mazda CX-9!

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Paid only $17,000 for all these luxury features and I saved about $10K but I still wanna Mazda CX9! This is a great little car, but just seems to be a step below the Mazda in style and quality. If money is your number one concern, by all means this is the car for you. You wont find another SUV with DVD, leather, 3rd row for this price. Believe me , I checked relentlessly, BUT I still wanna Mazda CX9!

Favorite Features

Remote start, Leather and wood grain looks classy at a low price, steering wheel controls, driver controlled DVD player 3rd Row

Suggested Improvements

Hate the red LED, 3rd row needs more leg room, wish 2nd row slid up like the cx9. Needs seat memory!

Love it
By Shane Hashmi

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second XL7 since 2004, after upgrading our 2001 last year. Great exterior look. Interior design is great. Great handling. Great power. Smooth ride overall. We've been to 2 long drives with kids and both were very comfortable. We put the extra luggage on the roof rack. Good value for your buck.

Favorite Features

Red dash lights, XM radio, audio controls on steering

Suggested Improvements

Narrower turning radius, better material for the interior

Run as far as you can...even if it's free!!!
By n2reds2012

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

These vehicles are nothing but money pits!! Just got rid of mine finally ('07 with 97k) white paint started peeling at 50k and found out it's a paint defect Suzuki will not fix. Then the turn signal stalk quit turning off and the speedo would show you going 140 mph when your only going 60 mph. Then the check engine light came on and found out the timing belt was needing replaced...3k later and about 8 months it came back on again same issue. Turns out it's a common issue in this engine along with sludge build up resulting in a need for a new engine....even though changed oil every 3000 miles. Again it's a design flaw that's common. STAY AWAY!!!! At all cost!!!

Favorite Features

Space behind the seats was plentiful.....that's all

Suggested Improvements

They need to take everyone they built and crush them!