Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki XL7

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Poor choice
By XL7

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had to sell at 24000 miles. Was using Quart of oil every thousand miles.Very expensive synthetic oil I might add. Lot of road rattles for a $30000 SUV. Poor gas mileage 13 city. Depreciated too much first 2 years. 2 accidents backing out of driveway because you can hardly see out the back.Dealer had in shop long time took the engine apart could not find the problem. Figure I would sell back to them out of frustration.Disapointing vehicle we planned to keep 7-10 years.

Favorite Features

Felt safe in it. Great AWD system for bad roads. Very quick for its weight.

Suggested Improvements

Start over from scratch with a different engine design if a a lot of owners start experiencing oil consumption problems like we did.

Disappointed
By MELISSA

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought this in Nov 06 I loved it. I still love it but I am having problems when I start it and the check engine light is on. It is at the dealer now. They supposedly fixed it but it did the same thing the day after I got it back (1400 bucks later). I still love it very much and just want them to fix it. Starting to worry. Heard it has a GM motor.

Favorite Features

Everything when it is running right.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure what problem I am having but if its the motor then I might have bought a car that was not GM, had I known.

Really bad suspension noise
By jc2009

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this XL7 brand new in August of 2007, it was back at the dealership on December for a loud noise coming from the front suspension whenever I turned or passed on a bump. It was there for about a month until finally they figured out what was wrong and fixed it. Now about 3 weeks ago the same noise came back, but guess what? The local dealership closed and now I have to drive about 4 hrs. to the nearest dealership because Suzuki wont allow me to take it anywhere else here locally. Stay away from SUZUKI, their customer service is horrible, they talk to you in a very unprofessional manner, and when you have a problem you are basically stuck with it.American cars are better...

Favorite Features

Interior and Style

Suggested Improvements

Better Suspension, better customer service

Good Basic Vehicle
By ron

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

well, going on 2 yrs and this has been a very good car for us, comfy on long trips to Montana from seattle and was even getting 27 mpg on that trip. Generally getting 19 around town. It has a large gas tank compared to most SUVs in its class even though I honestly wish it was a 20 gallon tank. HUGE cargo capacity for this class of suv, you can really load it up. It's not top notch but we only paid $19 grand for it, Got around great in 6 inch snow and just cable chains on the front tires. We looked at trading it in but after looking at all the other SUVs, the fuel economy, and the cost of those SUVs we decided to just keep it. Unfortunately, this car really lost a lot of its value.

Favorite Features

Roomy, Smooth ride, Large gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn"t matter... They no longer make the XL7 as of 2009

Love it
By Shane Hashmi

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second XL7 since 2004, after upgrading our 2001 last year. Great exterior look. Interior design is great. Great handling. Great power. Smooth ride overall. We've been to 2 long drives with kids and both were very comfortable. We put the extra luggage on the roof rack. Good value for your buck.

Favorite Features

Red dash lights, XM radio, audio controls on steering

Suggested Improvements

Narrower turning radius, better material for the interior