2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:
Hate this vehicle
By not happy on 06/30/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

If you are stuck with one of these, be aware it has no value in a year's time. Terrible turning range, cramped cabin, very uncomfortable seats, they're too short for your legs, makes long trips tiring. We have 2 children and the 3rd row seat really is a waste, because you need that room for storage. The dash quality is cheaply made and started puckering after 6 months. After 2 days of this vehicle, we knew we'd made a mistake!

Our 2007 XL7 AWD with Platinum Package
By S. White on 06/28/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Solid comfortable ride city and highway. City gas mileage could be better. We average about 14 but that's at 25 to 35 mph and a lot of traffic lights. Drove from Louisville to Miami fully loaded and got around 23 to 24 at 75 to 80 mph. You can haul a lot of stuff in it. Small back window creates an adventure at times backing up. Vehicle is very peppy and the blizzard we had last winter did not phase the all wheel drive. The only problem so far was a brake light went out but the dealer replaced at no charge

Piece
By Piece on 04/18/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just after 1000 miles the gear shifter wouldn't shift into drive.. it would pop out and shift into neutral. RCA Jack broke not even 200 miles later.. then the Radio went at 4000 miles it played when it wanted too. Then at 5000 miles the entertainment center went.. at 5500 the blinkers went. at 25,000 miles my leather is TERRIBLE. not good quality. Rarely have people in the car and it's ripped apart. WARNING

Excellent SUV
By hef1175 on 04/06/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevrolet, Ford, Mazda products liked all of them. After purchaing the Suzuki XL-7, I have decided this vehicle overall is the best vehicle. The XL-7 performance is oustanding, ride outstatnding, handling outstanding, safety outstanding,value far better than most products on the market. I have driven this vehicle in all types of climates and terrain it has performed above and beyond. The fuel economy 20 city/26 road needs inprovement.The 7year/100,000 warranty is great, tires batteries for life wonderful.

Too many trips to be repaired!
By Melissa on 03/30/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our XL7 after reading and researching all the midsize SUV's. The honeymoon was over about 3,000 miles into it. We have had to take it back to the dealership 3 or 4 times because the "motor mount" kept causing problems with the ignition and thumping and knocking noises from the bottom. We also had trouble with a clicking sound in the odometer area. They told us at the dealership that it would resolve itself...not. Love the look of the car and would be 100% satisfied if we hadn't had to keep going back for repairs (the same thing each time) Seems like Suzuki didn't work out all the kinks on the 2007 XL7. We probably won't buy another, but what do you do? We'll keep it for now.

Lovin' it
By Nancy on 02/08/08 18:15 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the steering response but haven't enjoyed the lack of steering range. Takes a lot of room to turn, love the seat warmers, do not like the lack of visibility and do not like the location of the window buttons. But overall I feel really good in the vehicle, feel safe, feel comfortable. Was torn between the Berry and Gold, got the gold and think I would have liked the Berry better now.

"Best Buy" in my book
By duane on 01/21/08 14:13 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a 3-row, FWD, V-6 suv and the XL-7 is THE best buy in the market. I looked at all manufacturers, especially Japanese, and no one could come close to the value the XL-7 represents!

Good car
By Jo on 01/20/08 17:41 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We liked our 2005 XL7 so much that when we decided to get a new car we got the same model in a newer year. We also got the limited package instead of the base model. I love this car. It is great for taking the kids on a trip or just going to the grocery store. I love having the ability to have as much room as I need.

Proud to own
By CHERYLWILLIAMS on 01/17/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely happy with my XL7. I traded in my 2004 Grand Vitara, as soon as the re-designed XL7 hit the showroom. I am in love with this vehicle! I get many compliments on the aerodynamic look of the vehicle! The handling is outstanding, gas mileage is better than the Grand Vitara, much more spacious than my husband's 2007 Honda Pilot (he's envious). Dashboard design is beautiful!! Suzuki has a real showstopper here!!

I'm a believer! Love it!
By can't believe it!!!! on 12/24/07 10:43 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE IT! I'm very picky with my cars and love german cars, don't like japanese cars cause they feel flimsy. I'm very wrong, can't believe the XL7, it's wonderful, can't think of anything other than why is it not as famous as the others in its class, they need to do some more advertising, this is a great car that people should know about. It's a joy to drive, looks fantastic with the peace of mind of 100,000 miles! Suzuki has come a long way from the 80s and 90s. Just try it, you'll love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.