Used 2007 Suzuki XL7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki XL7

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:

Good Deal for the Money, Needs a Refresh
By calibumpas

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this to replace a '97 Grand Cherokee. Factors in decision were 5-star safety rating, usable third row, warranty, equipment, and price. I love the drivetrain (very responsive 3.6L and smooth 5-speed. AWD works seamlessly). After 30K miles it's getting 21MPG on average running Mobil Synth 0w-30 and Summer tires. Interior materials feel cheap to the touch and design is annoying in some important ways. A-pillars block vision around turns. I find my knee rubs on the console and my shoulder rubs on the b-pillar. Window switches are poorly-placed. Overhead console is garbage. Seats are comfortable enough but other factors distract me from a comfortable drive. You get what you pay for.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, smoothness of transmission, size of rear doors (easy to put kids in car seats). Auto-levelling shocks, heated seats, features for money.

Suggested Improvements

Remove or trim back center console. Relocate window switches to doors. Remove or trim overhead console. Improve mileage by 2-3 MPG.

Will I ever learn??
By Bob Miller

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purcheased an 07 AWD with 24K miles from an individual, next day the engine light was on. My auto tech son put on scanner and in 5 min said it had a bad catalytic converter. Vehicle still under warranty so took it to a dealer in Denver area next day. Their highly trained techs took two and a half hrs and diagnosed catalytic converter needed replaced. Ordered parts and need to go back to fix...sometime. Dealer rep had a real unpleasant attitude. Only experienced this once before, also with a GM product (03 Pontiac). Swore I would never buy another GM product...should have learned my lesson previouly and stayed away from GM related items also. Will I ever learn???

Favorite Features

Like styling, room and performance. Just took a 120 mile trip to mountains with 5 grandkids. Had enoug HP and torque to pull the mountain passes smoothly and we were all very comfotable, averaged 23mpg. Pretty good for this size vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Stay away from GM, it went bankrupt for a good reason...shoddy products and service. Road noise while driving could be improved

Who needs turn signals, horn or stereo?
By jolbina

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Car horn stops working every time I go to car wash. Stereo/DVD replaced twice first year and a half. When stereo/DVD goes, turn signals stop working. I drive from gas station to gas station. Gas mileage is probably worst in class. Will stick with Nissans and Hondas in future.

Favorite Features

Exterior and 3rd row seating.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system/stereo/turn signals/horn all need replacing.

Mucho Disappointment
By More Disappointed

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My previous post "Disappointed on 08/14/2007" describes our early issues. Since then, catalytic convert changed, in shop 3-4 times because of engine shutting off in traffic, engine light on sporadically, engine stumbles sporadically, fuel gauge acting up, passenger dashboard airbag panel cracking. Everything in this vehicle is controlled by the computer, fuel, timing, transmission, etc. I have asked the dealer several times to please replace it. They "Will not replace one unless a catastrophic failure occurs." Overall hatred for this vehicle and frustration of trying to get it fixed has made ownership of another Suzuki product impossible.

Suzuki? How about Yugo 45!!!!
By Outback

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row, DVD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We were naive when we purchased the Suzuki. We liked the power and style. Then, just months later with 7,000 miles things started to go wrong. It started rattling, the suspension dilapidated, the car's computer died, the power steering died. Now in September 2009, it has 66,000 miles and looks and drives like its 20 years old. Now it is only worth $6,500 and we have become upside down on the car. Overall, I think this is the worst car in the world.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

I'm glad they quit making this car. I think it is even worse than a 1987 Chevy Caprice I had.