2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:
great car
By rap808 on 07/31/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought this car in 2007. I fell in love with this car and still am. The price was good, and I also have 2 kids and they like to be in the back seat. I bought this car in case family comes to visit we can all go somewhere in one car. Oh and for the cargo it has quite a bit of room. The under storage that comes with the care all you have to do is just get like a screwdriver and look at the two screws. Once you take it out it has even more room and better. I love this car and wont get rid of it.

GOOD RELIABLE RIDE
By RB on 07/05/09 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased approximately 16 months ago. Have had no problems with vehicle. Comfortable on long trips. Rides more like a car than an SUV. Much nicer looking ride and bigger than my Chevy Blazer. Good gas mileage for vehicle size and type. Very good handling in the wintertime over the West Virginia mountains.

XL7 the wander-er
By Steve Heinz on 06/25/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Attracted first by looks, then acceleraton, then sound system, then fit. 2wd w/traction control. Car has a tendency to wander almost as if each wheel at times has a different amount of power than the other. We drive it but not as often as we would like because. Dealer has no explanation. Seems better without traction control. Wouldn't buy another one if it had a hint of this behavior. Love my 92 Jeep and 95 Subuaru. Suzuki looks good in the driveway.

We Love Our XL7 So Far
By BOBBY on 06/22/09 22:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased this rig a few days ago with 33k. The first thing we did was take it on about a three hour trip. We love the roomy interior. Seats were pretty comfortable. I had plenty of leg and head room. The accellaration was great! Fuel econommy accoring to the onboard trip computer hit 26mpg on the freeway. Lots of cargo room. For the price we feel this is an excellent value. I see some people are whinning about cheap inerior panels. Sure they could be better. If you want better get off your wallet and buy a Caddillac or something. For the price we feel this rig is an excellent value. If we wanted nicer we would have spent more money. This has all the features and comfort we need.

Poor choice
By XL7 on 06/19/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had to sell at 24000 miles. Was using Quart of oil every thousand miles.Very expensive synthetic oil I might add. Lot of road rattles for a $30000 SUV. Poor gas mileage 13 city. Depreciated too much first 2 years. 2 accidents backing out of driveway because you can hardly see out the back.Dealer had in shop long time took the engine apart could not find the problem. Figure I would sell back to them out of frustration.Disapointing vehicle we planned to keep 7-10 years.

Disappointed
By MELISSA on 06/14/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought this in Nov 06 I loved it. I still love it but I am having problems when I start it and the check engine light is on. It is at the dealer now. They supposedly fixed it but it did the same thing the day after I got it back (1400 bucks later). I still love it very much and just want them to fix it. Starting to worry. Heard it has a GM motor.

Really bad suspension noise
By jc2009 on 04/29/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this XL7 brand new in August of 2007, it was back at the dealership on December for a loud noise coming from the front suspension whenever I turned or passed on a bump. It was there for about a month until finally they figured out what was wrong and fixed it. Now about 3 weeks ago the same noise came back, but guess what? The local dealership closed and now I have to drive about 4 hrs. to the nearest dealership because Suzuki wont allow me to take it anywhere else here locally. Stay away from SUZUKI, their customer service is horrible, they talk to you in a very unprofessional manner, and when you have a problem you are basically stuck with it.American cars are better...

Good Basic Vehicle
By ron on 03/11/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

well, going on 2 yrs and this has been a very good car for us, comfy on long trips to Montana from seattle and was even getting 27 mpg on that trip. Generally getting 19 around town. It has a large gas tank compared to most SUVs in its class even though I honestly wish it was a 20 gallon tank. HUGE cargo capacity for this class of suv, you can really load it up. It's not top notch but we only paid $19 grand for it, Got around great in 6 inch snow and just cable chains on the front tires. We looked at trading it in but after looking at all the other SUVs, the fuel economy, and the cost of those SUVs we decided to just keep it. Unfortunately, this car really lost a lot of its value.

Love it
By Shane Hashmi on 10/31/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second XL7 since 2004, after upgrading our 2001 last year. Great exterior look. Interior design is great. Great handling. Great power. Smooth ride overall. We've been to 2 long drives with kids and both were very comfortable. We put the extra luggage on the roof rack. Good value for your buck.

My purple Suzi rules!
By waxnmama on 09/12/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row, Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is way more than beyond my expectations! I drove a Ford minivan before and my Suzuki XL7 is a dream! Suzi has so much power and great handling.I appreciate the luxury I have, for the amount the price. The value is fabulous. It feels so good to drive around in a car you feel safe in. I love this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.