2007 Suzuki XL7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL7 model:
Great car in search of a engine
By sr500mark on 04/02/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with about 40K miles on it. I did my home work and noted the P008 engine code frequency in user reviews. Well this car was in great shape to I figured I'd give it a chance. Interior is great, roomy and comfortable. Rear climate controls are great for the second & third row passengers. Car is really stable in the snow. Brakes have a hard time hauling down this heavy car. Gas mileage is nothing to write home about. I get about 16 combined. Fuel fillter cap started misbehaving at about 45k miles. Transmisison developed a very slow leak. Good luck finding the dipstick/filler! Then the engine failed! P0008 engine code. (along with 8 others related to it)

Oh that's a common problem
By cmtlovey on 02/22/13 11:14 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Please DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Let’s see. We bought the car June 21, 2010 and it has been nothing but problems. Day 31 the gas gauge went crazy turn out the floater in the tank was sticking. Got that fixed. Winter 2010 the roads were horrible, but I was on my way home with my kids in the car and All these lights went off telling me the traction control and stability control shut off, and another thing shut off, well I went to slow down to go around a turn and pushed the breaks to the floor and no breaks. Called for someone to come get the kids and take them home… called the dealership and told them what was going on they swore there was no way that I had them to the floor in the first place…

2007 Suzuki XL 7
By dikay29 on 04/29/11 20:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When we bought this car in January, 1009 we thought we hit the jackpot. It had everything leather heated seats, remote start, entertainment center, etc. About October, 2010 the check engine light came on wanting the gas cap tightened which we decided to change thinking the cap was wore out. It kept going off and coming back on. In November, 2010 on a trip in the rain we experienced the traction and stability control shut off. Before it was said and done we had to have the timing gear and chain replaced and the steering and pinion rack. 2 months later here we are trading vehicles because the timing chain needs to be replaced again and 2 different dealers are giving us attitude about it.

Do yourself a favor and buy something else
By nceric on 03/31/11 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Platinum Touring Package (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car at 20,000 miles and got rid of it at 45,000 miles. In that time, three wheel bearings were replaced, along with a rear strut ($600) and all new brakes. The first impression I had was that I got a steal, nice SUV loaded with all the features at a low price. All service was done at the dealer for the first 20,000 miles. The inside looked nice, but was cheaply built. Several plastic handles inside broke within a month. The tires would never hold air, no matter what I did. The check engine light came on at 40,000, indicating that the valves were sludged up and the engine would need replaced. There are no aftermarket parts so it is expensive to repair,which happened often

Bad engine
By shelton07 on 12/31/10 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

When I first purchased this vehicle, I was in love with it. It had a lot of room and extra features and it did not cost a lot money. However, after only 60,000 miles, I realized why it was so cheap. The engine light came on and when we took it to the Suzuki dealer they informed us that there was sludge in the engine because we had not changed the oil. I had them pull my account - since the oil had been changed at the dealer ever 3000 miles -they then informed us that the warranty was no longer good 60,543 miles! It ran out at 60,000. We had to spend over $3000 to have the engine rebuilt by a local garage. Suzuki said it would cost us $7000. Do not buy this vehicle.

Saved $$ but I Still Wanna Mazda CX-9!
By Wanna Mazda CX-9! on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Paid only $17,000 for all these luxury features and I saved about $10K but I still wanna Mazda CX9! This is a great little car, but just seems to be a step below the Mazda in style and quality. If money is your number one concern, by all means this is the car for you. You wont find another SUV with DVD, leather, 3rd row for this price. Believe me , I checked relentlessly, BUT I still wanna Mazda CX9!

Great little SUV
By Pleased Owner on 08/29/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new at the end of the model year and have been pleased with it in nearly every respect. The engine is fast revving and powerful, a real surprise the first time I hit passing gear, zips 15 - 20 mph quickly when passing from 65 or 70. I get 17 mpg in city and have averaged 24 - 28 mpg on the highway @ 75 mph. Turning radius is as good or better than other SUV I have owned.

Very disappointed
By Rick on 08/27/10 21:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I this car for three year. I don't like the window controls because they are on the middle. Is very confusing and uncomfortable when you can't to open or close them. my dashboard cluster went dead the dealer did not covered it. the engine broke and the dealer did not cover the expense because I did not had the receipts for the oil change. I told them that I always had it changed when the computer signal that it was time to change it. I had to spend 3000 dollars to get it fixed out of the dealer. they wanted $6700.00 just for the engine, so they just call me to get it towed out of the dealer. I wouldn't recommended to any one this car. I still have 3 more years on the contract.

Repair warning
By Twilliams on 07/18/10 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle after considering the Highlander, Pilot and decided to take a chance with Suzuki (and save $9K) Knew going in the resale would not hold up well but intended to drive it until the wheels fell off. Have been very satisfied with no problems in the first 48K miles. Recently had a rear window modulator go bad and the window dropped down, took it in to our favorite service tech and we found out that aftermarket parts are not available for Suzukis after 2006 and Suzuki is making bank selling parts. Total cost is $1100 to replace modulator and parts ($750) are only available from the dealers. Still love the vehicle and will drive it till the wheels fall off but worry about it.

souring
By ray on 05/15/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki XL7 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

i got this car brand new. loved it then problems came. i had to have the transmission replaced before i hit 25,000 miles driving home form work and the car stops moving on the expressway in the first and second gear. sutton replace it. now the car jumps when you change from drive to reverse. they told me they couldnt do anything about that. now when you are slowing down and the car or suv gets to first it acts like you have a manual and you shifted down. still they dont know whats wrong and cant fix it. so i have soured on this car waiting dont really know what to do with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.