Give it a chance! XL7 may work for you.
By unsolctedadviz on
2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)
We got a great deal on '06 XL7 in 2010 with 37K miles as a '00 200K Honda Odyssey replacement. Wanted another, but Toyotas/Hondas too pricey even with 100K. The XL7 sounds and drives like a truck--worse than a car or minivan. Poor acceleration and gas mileage, averaging a paltry 17 city, 20 hwy. But so far, it has been bulletproof in terms of reliability at 72K miles. No problems whatsoever. With kids 11, 8, 7, we can still shoehorn 1-2 of them in the fold-down 3rd row. Long trips we flip down 1 side of 3rd row and take plenty of luggage. Vehicle is horrible in snow. 2-whl drive was a big mistake. Needs quality snow tires in winter. Buy a 4x4. Missing minivan, but XL7 is next best..
Favorite Features
I like the handsome styling, fold-down third row, its reliability (so far). It holds us and all our stuff. It's like an inexpensive Volvo alternative--demure, practical, and capable. I'd buy one, if a 4x4, again.
Suggested Improvements
I've lost 2 nails from the driver-side visor. The floor carpet under the third-row seats will not stay put despite normal use. The carpet has pulled out from under the third row, and I can't seem to tuck it back under the seat. 2-3 more inches in overall vehicle length to add to the 2nd (not 3rd) row would be great. My leggy 5'4"-and-growing daughter is running out of legroom.