Used 2006 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Quite good SUV
By frank fiore

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle mostly used for short trips averaging under 10 miles (averaging 20 mpg) but around 26 mpg on the long range 65 mph or faster trips. The car has excellent fit and finish, nice interior, decent sound system (car is intermediate (not premium) trim package but cloth seats are fairly comfortable. We have had no (none, nada!) maintenance problems. Car was a rental for the first year of its life so we have been pleasantly surprised at its reliability since we bought it at 30000 miles. Excellent paint job, rubber door trim and doors close with a nice solid thump! V-6 engine very quiet once warmed up.

Really love the 7 seats. Rear door windows go all the way down! Nice wood look trim. True (not AWD) 4WD! Good highway fuel mileage. Easy to park- fairly short turning radius. Quite good at hauling utility trailers with hefty loads. Stability way better than our previous '95 Chevy Blazer. Solid!

Light switch on turn signal unlit-hard to see in dark. Too easy to accidentally lock yourself out of the car. Rear Engine revs very high on start-up. Deck and spare tire tends to collect dust. I wish the fold down seats folded flatter and lower. A built in child seat would have been nice.

After 45,000 kms
By Ray Suryadinata

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Car is still going strong. No engine issues, no accessories issues. Interior trim issue related to the 2nd passenger seat handle covers. Both sides came off and replaced under warranty. Carpeting in the third row seat area came off (kids inadvertently kicked them off). It turned out the carpet was not glued or fixed permanently but only inserted under the seat and held by Velcro fasteners. The third seats have been used quite frequently and are bearable for adults during short trips. Other than that the winter driving is super. In spite of 4 inches of snow, no need for winter tires as the 4WD system made the all-season tires still adequate.

Still the automatic headlight and dashboard illumination system, sound system and on demand 4WD.

Reduction of wind noise.

2006 XL7 My first SUV
By Allisha

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my XL7 less than a year ago, and the single CD player doesnt work, I have had my rotors "shaved" 2x, and my brake pads are completely wore down, and I am a very light braker! I'm confused with the OD button on the side of my shifter. This was the last car on the lot that I saw but once I jumped in, I knew I wanted it. Not a big fan of the wood trim in the car, but it does have style and that's what grabbed my attention. The gas is gone quite fast, but overall I would definitely buy another one although I'm having so many issues with this one. It's very reliable, and I trust the strength having my kids inside. I have filled this truck up with lots of people and lots of boxes.

The space, 4WD is awesome!

Better CD player, speakers, moonroof would be nice. Automatic seats, rear windshield wiper cleaner (it has a knob to clean it, but there is nothing there for it)

Not very pump friendly
By binkys4deep

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not very in love with how fast the gas seems to go in my XL-7. And not only that, I had trouble with my air conditioning not even a whole year after buying it. My CD player is not working too well at this point. Things just seem to be going wrong while only having it less than two years But at least most things are still under warranty. But who wants to have to get things worked on so soon? It served its purpose when I first got it, because I needed something that seated seven. And now that I don't need the space, I feel stuck because at this point, the car is only worth about half of what I still owe!

I love the luxury look of the gears and panel.

I think it could definitely use a better air conditioning system and a better CD player.

Nice family SUV
By sam

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have used Toyota vehicles till now. We were reluctant to buy Suzuki. But when we compared Highlander to Suzuki, the price won and we decided to try Suzuki XL-7. XL-7 has still not disappointed us at all. It has been reliable, no troubles at all. So far satisfied with its performance. We used it to tow when we recently moved and it was great. Nice SUV.