Used 2006 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

2006 XL7 My first SUV
By Allisha

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my XL7 less than a year ago, and the single CD player doesnt work, I have had my rotors "shaved" 2x, and my brake pads are completely wore down, and I am a very light braker! I'm confused with the OD button on the side of my shifter. This was the last car on the lot that I saw but once I jumped in, I knew I wanted it. Not a big fan of the wood trim in the car, but it does have style and that's what grabbed my attention. The gas is gone quite fast, but overall I would definitely buy another one although I'm having so many issues with this one. It's very reliable, and I trust the strength having my kids inside. I have filled this truck up with lots of people and lots of boxes.

Favorite Features

The space, 4WD is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Better CD player, speakers, moonroof would be nice. Automatic seats, rear windshield wiper cleaner (it has a knob to clean it, but there is nothing there for it)

Not very pump friendly
By binkys4deep

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not very in love with how fast the gas seems to go in my XL-7. And not only that, I had trouble with my air conditioning not even a whole year after buying it. My CD player is not working too well at this point. Things just seem to be going wrong while only having it less than two years But at least most things are still under warranty. But who wants to have to get things worked on so soon? It served its purpose when I first got it, because I needed something that seated seven. And now that I don't need the space, I feel stuck because at this point, the car is only worth about half of what I still owe!

Favorite Features

I love the luxury look of the gears and panel.

Suggested Improvements

I think it could definitely use a better air conditioning system and a better CD player.

Nice family SUV
By sam

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have used Toyota vehicles till now. We were reluctant to buy Suzuki. But when we compared Highlander to Suzuki, the price won and we decided to try Suzuki XL-7. XL-7 has still not disappointed us at all. It has been reliable, no troubles at all. So far satisfied with its performance. We used it to tow when we recently moved and it was great. Nice SUV.

First three months
By Ray Suryadinata

2006 Suzuki XL-7 4dr SUV 4WD w/3rd Row (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car in 2007 and got an end of year discount on this 2006. The 2007 is bigger with larger engine and built in Canada. But this 2006 is the last import to Canada still made 100% in Japan. True the 2006 is less spacious than the 2007, but the 2006 seems to be built more solidly and has better standard features. Just came back from 1000 km trip. The highway mileage was pretty good, better than expected considering still in break-in period. We haven't used all seven seatings, but had six people several times and smallish adults in the third seat row had no complaints.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights and dashboard lighting, six-CD changer with subwoofer, sun/moon-roof, 4WD on demand.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable height driver seat, automatic door locking option when driving away, theft deterrent alarm/security.

Excellent SUV
By Cold War Vet

2006 Suzuki XL-7 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I live in an area were temperatures fall below -40 and the roads look more like horse trails because of its body on frame design it handles the punishment with ease. It has yet to get stuck in snow or on off road terrain. The build quality is superb.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive Low, something the other guys don't have. This is a real SUV no pretending here.

Suggested Improvements

A compass.