2005 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Flawless Reliability
By studiocraft1 on 06/23/11 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car w/25000 miles on it, it has been perfect. I have Ex III model, all options ever made for this chassis. 4x4 is awesome, having the LOW range makes it a tru truck, that is why it rides a bit rough, don't care. I get 20mpg in the city and about 23hiway. How is that pooe mileage? It does weigh 3700 lbs, I can tow my boat and quad, have no issue w/engine power, it is quick and responsive. Leather is nice, a bit cramped sometimes. Now 78k, nothing done but tires, not even brakes!

Worst car to buy
By just another guy on 07/05/10 10:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with around 17,000 miles on it. It was basically new, it was the worst purchase of my life almost. So many little things go wrong with it. the most recent thing is the cable to pop the hood has broken. AGAIN. this is the second time ive been unable to open the hood. also one of the door ajar sensors is malfunctioning so everytime u hit a bump the interior lights flash on and it dings. gas mileage goes is awful. its' a "compact" SUV. its smaller than a mini van and gets worse gas than my truck. for a vehicle that size with a V6 and such little horsepower it should get way better gas mileage. the tire inflation sensor malfunctions too.

Great car for family and sports
By Max on 04/05/08 00:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

In 2005 we decided to buy the XL7 used, 6000 miles on it looking new and for a great price, way lower than a new one would've cost. It was a dealer's test drive car. Since we've got it nothing wrong happened. I have done the brakes on it at 30000 and costed $70.00 It gives average 18 to 22 MPG combined HWY and City. Regular gas is just fine. Very resistent, reliable and confortable.4WD is wonderfull when needed. Long trips are nice and smoth. The features from manufacture are great. My wife gets complements from all her friends, her car looks Young...they say. Very good car for the price. Low cost to keep mechanicaly. Looks better and runs better now that is paid for!

Overhaul experience
By philip on 01/27/08 07:45 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is comfortable for driving. Need better gas mileage. While driving the vehicle is bit too noisy. Tire sensors malfunction especially on cold days. Passenger door light is not working after several attempts to repair it. Security screen in rear is constantly breaking. Braking system needs much improvement.

Tired of Lemons / This is the BestTthing Yet
By Great SUV on 11/28/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bough my Suzuki XL-7 a year a go. Having purchased many new vehicles in the past I started buying used, but I still had the itch for a new one. I made a U-turn into a Suzuki dealer . My XL-7 is the best vehicle I've owned. I've seen my dealer for oil changes only, it hasn't had any problems or needed any adjustments. This vehicle is the very best buy for your money, period

Not Enough Horsepower
By Johnny Vero on 10/31/06 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I own an '05 XL-7. I like everything about the truck except, the gas millage is not good, considering that its a V6 with under 200 HP. It only gets 17 mpg city and 21 hwy. Also, it should come standard with a luggage rack, but does not. Other than that, it's a good truck for the money.

Great Vehicle
By David Henry on 06/22/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Suzuki XL-7. It has a great deal of comfort and space. I can drive long distances and remain comfortable. The left side foot rest is great. The on dash controls make everything easy. The third row will definitely help you carry 7 passengers as long as they are not all adults. The style and body shape are eye catching while the interior is equally exciting. So far my XL-7 has been very reliable and dependable. The engine power is adequate for towing. The pearl finish is beautiful, not quite white! The interior has many compartments with easy access, and the rear hidden compartment is ideal with it's tray design. Overall I look forward to buying a Suzuki when and if I am ever ready to depart with the one I have.

Flexible SUV for the Price
By Jake on 06/02/06 09:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV can be found with lots of factory rebates if you're patient, resulting in a really good deal. It has lots of interior flexibility since the rear seats can move and be folded down for extra cargo space. This is the only small-med size SUV I could find that had enough cargo room behind the second row seat to fit my two large dogs. Only a minivan could do the job better, and I needed 4WD. The only minivan with AWD anymore is the Toyota Sienna, which I plain couldn't afford.

Good Family Vehicle
By Wanda on 05/24/06 06:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My XL-7 is a great family Vehicle. It's small enough to park anywhere yet roomy enough to fit 7 comfortably with room for storage. I highly recommend this inexpensive SUV for the price conscious consumer.

Into the Unknown
By paul rush on 03/19/06 05:17 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We originally owned a 1995 Suzuki Wagon 4WD and liked it very much, with the exception of slightly uncomfortable seats. We now have an XL-7 with all the toys including steering wheel radio controls and heated leather seats. We are recieving 20 mpg out of its V6 engine. The '95 Suzuki would give us 23 mpg with a 4-cyl. We find the seats in our new XL-7 comfortable. I think this car will hold up.