Used 2005 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki XL-7

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Flawless Reliability
By studiocraft1

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car w/25000 miles on it, it has been perfect. I have Ex III model, all options ever made for this chassis. 4x4 is awesome, having the LOW range makes it a tru truck, that is why it rides a bit rough, don't care. I get 20mpg in the city and about 23hiway. How is that pooe mileage? It does weigh 3700 lbs, I can tow my boat and quad, have no issue w/engine power, it is quick and responsive. Leather is nice, a bit cramped sometimes. Now 78k, nothing done but tires, not even brakes!

Favorite Features

Torque in all 5 gears on the automatic tranny, best shifting auto I have ever had (47th car) Quiet ride compared to our Subaru Forester. Like the 6 disc CD and sub-woofer

Suggested Improvements

The fold down seats are quirky and don't go flat, no cross bars on roof

Worst car to buy
By just another guy

2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with around 17,000 miles on it. It was basically new, it was the worst purchase of my life almost. So many little things go wrong with it. the most recent thing is the cable to pop the hood has broken. AGAIN. this is the second time ive been unable to open the hood. also one of the door ajar sensors is malfunctioning so everytime u hit a bump the interior lights flash on and it dings. gas mileage goes is awful. its' a "compact" SUV. its smaller than a mini van and gets worse gas than my truck. for a vehicle that size with a V6 and such little horsepower it should get way better gas mileage. the tire inflation sensor malfunctions too.

Favorite Features

steering wheel stereo controls.

Suggested Improvements

Suzuki cant build cars for anything, they should stick to motorcycles.

Great car for family and sports
By Max

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

In 2005 we decided to buy the XL7 used, 6000 miles on it looking new and for a great price, way lower than a new one would've cost. It was a dealer's test drive car. Since we've got it nothing wrong happened. I have done the brakes on it at 30000 and costed $70.00 It gives average 18 to 22 MPG combined HWY and City. Regular gas is just fine. Very resistent, reliable and confortable.4WD is wonderfull when needed. Long trips are nice and smoth. The features from manufacture are great. My wife gets complements from all her friends, her car looks Young...they say. Very good car for the price. Low cost to keep mechanicaly. Looks better and runs better now that is paid for!

Favorite Features

Suspension, 4WD, stereo CD, all the electric comands, tire presure sensor, engine and gear box combination, wheels, looks, everything on it.

Suggested Improvements

If I was to change any thing on it I would definitely get a manual gear shifting one. I do not like automatic myself.

Overhaul experience
By philip

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is comfortable for driving. Need better gas mileage. While driving the vehicle is bit too noisy. Tire sensors malfunction especially on cold days. Passenger door light is not working after several attempts to repair it. Security screen in rear is constantly breaking. Braking system needs much improvement.

Favorite Features

Height of vehicle is good. Radio system is great. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs much improvement. Braking system can use an overhaul. Need better quality security screen in rear of vehicle.

Tired of Lemons / This is the BestTthing Yet
By Great SUV

2005 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bough my Suzuki XL-7 a year a go. Having purchased many new vehicles in the past I started buying used, but I still had the itch for a new one. I made a U-turn into a Suzuki dealer . My XL-7 is the best vehicle I've owned. I've seen my dealer for oil changes only, it hasn't had any problems or needed any adjustments. This vehicle is the very best buy for your money, period

Favorite Features

The suspension, traction, and 24V V6 engine.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 5"10" and found the seats to be a little short.