2004 Suzuki XL-7 2.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - One of a Kind -

2004 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Review

EX III 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

One of a Kind - Fun to Drive
By CSI on

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have ownedmy 2004 Suzuki XL-7 for eight months and have had problems with the rear end differential and CD changer and problems with the 4x4 disengaging. Other than that, I really like driving it. The 4x4 does not disengage properly when the tempurature outside is less than 30 degrees, which is not a good thing in Minnesota. I get 16 -19 mpg and the gas tank is too small, so I spend a lot of time at the gas station. The engine is underpowered for the vehicle.

Favorite Features

This truck has a great turning radius, steering wheel controls, and heated seats and side mirrors. The 3rd row seats are comfortable. It has one of kind looks and a good view of the road. Sometimes I forget I am driving an SUV because it handles like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the gas mileage by 5 to 10 mpg. Design a 4x4 that functions properly in the cold weather. Make the headrest solid without the square hole in it and the seats a little more comfortable. Tint the rear windows darker so everyone cannot see right in.