Used 2004 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Xl-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Amazing Value and Reliability
By Dmurray

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my first Suzuki 4X4 SUV in 1989 and every few years, look at the marketplace to see if I can fine a better value coupled with reliabilty. I can't!! Drove my 2003 4X4 XL7 from Florida to Alaska, packed full of our stuff and pulling the biggest U-Haul trailer I could get. Flawless! Not a problem! Did the Alaska winter with 8 Feet of snow. Again...perfect performance. Let the Hummer owners pay twice as much for half the reliabilty and performance. Idiots!! Lose your ego and go Suzuki. Wife drives the 2003 XL7 and I drive a 1993 Sidekick 4X4. I guess I'm hooked. Money saved bought our Cessna!

Favorite Features

Great Ergonomics. I'm over 6 feet tall and about 200 lbs. Plenty of head room. Great reliability.

Suggested Improvements

The new XL7 is great as is. We've spent hours sitting inside driving from Florida to Alaska. No complaints.

perfect
By andy dubitsky

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have 4 children, ages 2-10 with one on the way.. My wife doesnt want to drive a tank, I dont want to pay for one... Our solution??? THE XL-7.. The interior is perfect for our family. It seats all of us comfortably without making us feel like we should be paid $0.36 a mile and be home on weekends. It came with all the features we wanted, 4 wheel drive, pwr windows, locks, mirrors, and numerous cupholders. The engine pulls strongly all the way to the redline..

Favorite Features

power, comfort, 4 wd is great.. we love everything about it

Suggested Improvements

slightly longer wheelbase.. 8-10 inches would be PERFECT!!!! or have external cargo holder

Rough ride
By ted armand

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed with the ride, feels like I am riding in a wagon. You feel every bump in the road, even went as far as lowering air pressure in tires. Love everthing else about it.Maybe I should have bought a car.

Favorite Features

Body and interior

Suggested Improvements

Cushion the ride

Out of 19 SUV's this is the one.
By underpaid

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

After reviewing and test driving 19 Midsize SUV's and owning Luxury SUV's for the last 5 years we can the conclusion the Suzuki is by far the best value in the market. Dimensions similar if not larger than Jeep's Grand Cherokee. Fuel economy at 22mpg hwy (24 observed). Luxury features in the EX with a True 4wd system on a truck frame with a car like ride all for $25k LOADED make this one choice you must look into. Pound for pound or dollar for dollar you will not find another vehicle that comes close. Rear leg room is actually better than specifications show, nearly 40" with a 5'10" driver.

Favorite Features

True 4wd system. Truck like frame with car like ride. Luxury features! Suzuki reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Note to Suzuki: Lumbar support. Japan's Jimny imported to US, Please.

Suzuki
By tommy68

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Excellant SUV in every respect

Favorite Features

everything..