2004 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
I love it!
By Sherri on 08/09/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this SUV! I've had it a year and I still enjoy it. The only thing I dislike about it is the rear door. If someone parks to close to you, you can't open it, as it swings out instead of up.

good for us
By april on 08/05/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We like our XL7, it's good for a small family, not really for seven grown ups. Other then that, I love it. it's got 4x4 and does have the extra seating if you need it. It's better for two adults and two kids, than anything else.

Okay But Needs Improvement
By SamuelB on 06/12/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

As midsize SUVs go the Suzuki XL7 is a bargain. Mine stickered for almost $23,000 but with discounts got it for only $17K. Considering you get automatic temperature control air conditioning, CD player, cruise control, and antilock brakes in the deal that's not too bad. I've put 11,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The build quality is quite good and the doors sound solid when you shut them. The driving position is comfortable and it performs reasonably well except in high winds. The gas mileage is much worse than I would have expected in a 6 cylinder midsize SUV, and the engine could use more power.

I Like My XL-7
By Ed Eskew on 04/21/05 09:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 2004 Suzuki XL-7 has been a reliable and fun to drive truck. 3The 3rd row seats are not particularly roomy, but serve the purpose when we need to carry a few more kids. Its ride is a little harsh, but not jolting, and this is an "SUV". It handles and rides much better than most of the big truck-based SUVs I've driven. My milage was a little less than I had expected, but still better than most trucks. I suppose that the aerodynamics play a part in that.

You can not find a better value in a SUV
By Jeremy on 04/16/05 02:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I actually did not plan on buying this vehicle when I visited the dealership. I sat in one on the showroom floor and was amazed. Our other vehicle is a 2003 Ford Explorer Limited and for a mere $9000 less the XL-7 blows it away. The only option missing is power seats. Fuel economy is a little lower on the highway than rated but most of my travel is above 70 mph. Overall it is a quiet smooth ride. There are no options on the EX version, everything is standard.

Great SUV For The Price
By Nick on 01/03/05 17:13 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Suzuki XL-7 a year ago and absolutely love it. Like others I looked at Toyotas but couldn't afford to get into the $30,000 range. This XL-7 has a car type ride and you can feel the road very well. I must also say there is not much road or wind noise. Its interior is designed very well, although it could be a tad bigger, as sometimes you can feel squashed. I have had 3 SUV's, including a Toyota 4-Runner, and I would take the XL-7 over them any day. I paid $19,200 for this vehicle with automatic climate control, heated mirrors, cruise, tilt, etc. I suggest you drive one before settling on any other SUV.

Suzuki XL-7
By 2004 Suzuki XL-7 on 12/27/04 18:59 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle needs a wider wheel base and extended flaps on visors to block drivers eyes from sun only. Everything else is great. Maybe a back door that opens away from curb rather then to the curb. The handling is sweet, likes its on clouds. The headlights are remarkably bright. No DVD player tho for the wife n kids??? Honda Odessy has one up on you. Ever consider getting rid of the "7 passenger" title to make more leg room and rear storage?? try it, you might be surprised.

NO Regrets
By Rob and Family on 11/30/04 20:33 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Never considered a Suzuki until I test drove a friend's. Couldn't believe the ride & creature comforts. Suzuki bent over backwards to to give the most for your money. My wife & I were looking at Rav 4 & Highlander but to get it equipped the way the Suzuki was equipped would've bumped the price well up into the mid 30's. The choice of Suzuki was a no brainer.

My XL7
By Jay Sargeant on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX III Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Years ago I owned a Geo Tracker which up to that time was the best vehicle I ever owned. Of course it was a Suzuki. I am pleased to say that I love this XL7, and though I've only had it a short time, I believe it will be a reliable, capable, and versatile car for years to come. We love all the standard equipment for the price, it drives and handles very well, and I particularly like the body-on-frame construction as opposed to a car-based unibody. I recommend this vehicle to everyone in the market for a small suv.

Awesome value!
By xl7is4me on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought a brand new 04 XL7 EX3 fully loaded to haul our 2 kids around. All I can say is that I'm surprised that it offered the same things as the Honda Pilot! Plus, the interior design is nicer, there's standard wood trim, and the leather is softer too. 185HP isn't a lot in the midsize class, but if you need basic transportation and don't need to tow you're absolutely fine. We recently took a 200 mile trip with our kids and a crowded trunk with luggage on the rooftop and I can safely say this car never ran out of breath. I'm glad I found Suzuki!