Used 2004 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Durable but Needs to have a Better Ride
By Trish

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my XL-7 around town but do not like taking it on long trips due to the rough ride. The ride is very bumpy and uncomfortable. I read that the '07 model will have a smoother ride. If that's the case I wouldn't hesitate to consider purchasing one. The price and warranty are good. Its reliability is good. I have not had any problems.

Favorite Features

The interior is nice with the wood grain. I have the cosmic blue color which gets a lot of attention.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the choppy ride, rocking, and add cupholders in the back.

Great Compact SUV with a third seat
By Ahme

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great SUV if you need room for 5. It has a very competitive price for a small budget. It is a strong compact SUV on a truck base. It has many built in features at no additional cost (anti-lock brakes, CD player with in steering wheel remote, climate control A/C).

Favorite Features

The in steering wheel CD player remote control, climate control A/C system, third row seat, competitive price, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for the third seat.

Suzuki XL-7
By jose

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoy owning my Suzuki XL-7. I have not had any problems with it plus it gives me good gas mileage. I am considering purchasing a new 2006 model.

Favorite Features

I like the engine power. I have no problem climing a steep uphill drive.

Suggested Improvements

It does not have enough back seat leg room. I only have the five seater.

One of a Kind - Fun to Drive
By CSI

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have ownedmy 2004 Suzuki XL-7 for eight months and have had problems with the rear end differential and CD changer and problems with the 4x4 disengaging. Other than that, I really like driving it. The 4x4 does not disengage properly when the tempurature outside is less than 30 degrees, which is not a good thing in Minnesota. I get 16 -19 mpg and the gas tank is too small, so I spend a lot of time at the gas station. The engine is underpowered for the vehicle.

Favorite Features

This truck has a great turning radius, steering wheel controls, and heated seats and side mirrors. The 3rd row seats are comfortable. It has one of kind looks and a good view of the road. Sometimes I forget I am driving an SUV because it handles like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the gas mileage by 5 to 10 mpg. Design a 4x4 that functions properly in the cold weather. Make the headrest solid without the square hole in it and the seats a little more comfortable. Tint the rear windows darker so everyone cannot see right in.

2004 XL-7
By bb

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned our Suzuki XL-7 for 1 1/2 years. The reason I bought it was the warranty, the design, and the trade in deal they gave me. It feels very solid and handles well, I am 6 feet tall and there is a lot of headroom. I think the XL-7 could be a bit longer, but it is adeqaute with smaller kids. We have the 3rd row seat which is very tight. If the SUV was a foot longer the 3rd row would be a bit more pratical. We bought out XL-7 with 6,000 miles on it for $20000, $15,000 with our trade. The dealer gave me $5,000 for a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with 99,000 miles on it. My wife likes the size of the XL-7 and finds it easy to navigate. She feels safe driving in snow with the 4WD.

Favorite Features

The dash board and rear storage.

Suggested Improvements

The front console could be a bit narrower and the XL-7 could be longer for more leg room.