2004 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
8 years and 38K miles later - XL-7 still runs great!
By ihot on 06/02/12 22:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's June 2012, 8 years and 38K miles after we purchased our XL-7, and it still runs great! It handles well and rides fairly comfortably, although the gas mileage could be better. Blind spots where the backseat headrests and the spare tire cover are can cause problems at times.

Seeing problem at 34000 miles
By Al on 12/12/08 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car but starting to have problems oil leaks around timing chain. And fuel leaks drealer fixxed with no problem. They also replace drive leather set covering. 4 years old and problems started. I've pruchase qite a few new cars in my 60 yrs. I usually keep them for 6 yrs with usualy no motor leaks till the 6 year.

Good Little Car
By Suzuki XL-7 4DR on 11/04/07 19:41 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove almost every SUV made including the Navigator, Escalade, and Lexus. The XL-7 doesn't have the luxury of these SUVs but for the money, it surpassed all the others that we tried. It handles well and rides fairly comfortably, although the gas mileage could be better. Blind spots where the backseat headrests and the spare tire cover are can cause problems at times. All in all I've no problems with performance AND I've gotten quite a few compliments on the body style also. This would be a great business vehicle!

LOVE IT!
By Hipmmmy on 10/07/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki XL-7 is the perfect mid size SUV for moms who don't want a BIG SUV or the expensive gas bill! It is kid friendly and easy to maintain! It's comfortable on long trips! I suggest the third seat option, just in case you need it! :) This truck has great storage and gets great gas mileage!

Check It Out
By grntd22 on 08/09/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki XL-7 is a great SUV. It would be much better though if they offered more power and towing capacity. the 2.7 liter engine is too weak.

Durable but Needs to have a Better Ride
By Trish on 07/05/06 09:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my XL-7 around town but do not like taking it on long trips due to the rough ride. The ride is very bumpy and uncomfortable. I read that the '07 model will have a smoother ride. If that's the case I wouldn't hesitate to consider purchasing one. The price and warranty are good. Its reliability is good. I have not had any problems.

Great Compact SUV with a third seat
By Ahme on 03/11/06 08:55 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great SUV if you need room for 5. It has a very competitive price for a small budget. It is a strong compact SUV on a truck base. It has many built in features at no additional cost (anti-lock brakes, CD player with in steering wheel remote, climate control A/C).

Suzuki XL-7
By jose on 02/24/06 20:49 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoy owning my Suzuki XL-7. I have not had any problems with it plus it gives me good gas mileage. I am considering purchasing a new 2006 model.

One of a Kind - Fun to Drive
By CSI on 01/12/06 23:20 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have ownedmy 2004 Suzuki XL-7 for eight months and have had problems with the rear end differential and CD changer and problems with the 4x4 disengaging. Other than that, I really like driving it. The 4x4 does not disengage properly when the tempurature outside is less than 30 degrees, which is not a good thing in Minnesota. I get 16 -19 mpg and the gas tank is too small, so I spend a lot of time at the gas station. The engine is underpowered for the vehicle.

2004 XL-7
By bb on 01/05/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned our Suzuki XL-7 for 1 1/2 years. The reason I bought it was the warranty, the design, and the trade in deal they gave me. It feels very solid and handles well, I am 6 feet tall and there is a lot of headroom. I think the XL-7 could be a bit longer, but it is adeqaute with smaller kids. We have the 3rd row seat which is very tight. If the SUV was a foot longer the 3rd row would be a bit more pratical. We bought out XL-7 with 6,000 miles on it for $20000, $15,000 with our trade. The dealer gave me $5,000 for a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with 99,000 miles on it. My wife likes the size of the XL-7 and finds it easy to navigate. She feels safe driving in snow with the 4WD.