Used 2004 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

8 years and 38K miles later - XL-7 still runs great!
By ihot

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's June 2012, 8 years and 38K miles after we purchased our XL-7, and it still runs great! It handles well and rides fairly comfortably, although the gas mileage could be better. Blind spots where the backseat headrests and the spare tire cover are can cause problems at times.

The Suzuki XL-7 is the perfect mid size SUV for moms who don't want a BIG SUV or the expensive gas bill! The price and warranty are the best. I paid $18K for my new LX. It has a very competitive price for a small budget. It is a strong compact SUV on a truck base. I bought it instead of Honda/Hyundai Sante Fe for its price, warranty and looks!!

Only problem is its door's remote - our dealer fixed it 3 times - but it still breaks after a few days.

Seeing problem at 34000 miles
By Al

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Loved the car but starting to have problems oil leaks around timing chain. And fuel leaks drealer fixxed with no problem. They also replace drive leather set covering. 4 years old and problems started. I've pruchase qite a few new cars in my 60 yrs. I usually keep them for 6 yrs with usualy no motor leaks till the 6 year.

The car is great I'm worried about the drive train. 4 wheel drive and the easy of use

Drive train and more power

Good Little Car
By Suzuki XL-7 4DR

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove almost every SUV made including the Navigator, Escalade, and Lexus. The XL-7 doesn't have the luxury of these SUVs but for the money, it surpassed all the others that we tried. It handles well and rides fairly comfortably, although the gas mileage could be better. Blind spots where the backseat headrests and the spare tire cover are can cause problems at times. All in all I've no problems with performance AND I've gotten quite a few compliments on the body style also. This would be a great business vehicle!

Clarion 6-CD changer with steering wheel controls, leather seats, cruise control.

Move the spare tire to the back floorboard. Widen the wheelbase to add stability and add more comfortable armrests on each door and in the middle of the front seats and back seats, power seats with lumbar support to increase comfort on long trips. Increase gas mileage to 30 mph highway

LOVE IT!
By Hipmmmy

2004 Suzuki XL-7 EX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki XL-7 is the perfect mid size SUV for moms who don't want a BIG SUV or the expensive gas bill! It is kid friendly and easy to maintain! It's comfortable on long trips! I suggest the third seat option, just in case you need it! :) This truck has great storage and gets great gas mileage!

All of it.

I don't like the spare tire cover options, it needs more than the hard cover option. I don't like where the oil filter is located, I wish they would move it to a more convenient place for changing oil.

Check It Out
By grntd22

2004 Suzuki XL-7 LX III 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki XL-7 is a great SUV. It would be much better though if they offered more power and towing capacity. the 2.7 liter engine is too weak.

I like the wood trim.

Increase the size of the engine.