2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Most Features For Your Money
By VABeloved on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was pleasantly surprised with the XL- 7. I was in the market for something bigger for my growing family (previous car 2000 Camry, another EXCELLENT car). I was interested in 3rd row SUVs, but didn't think we could afford one. Heard a radio ad for the XL-7 and decided to check it out even though I was not a big fan of Suzuki. Was very surprised by the smooth ride (husband owns Isuzu Rodeo--ROUGH ride) and the luxurious look and feel of the interior and exterior. Very well loaded for a total price of @ 22K. Gas mileage (main concern for an SUV) is not as bad as you would expect either.

best kept secret
By malexa00 on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased the XL-7 Touring model without the 3rd row seat. Very happy so far. Comes with a lot of standard features for the price paid. The size of the XL-7 is somewhere between the compact SUV's (Rav-4, CRV) and the mid-large SUV's (Pilot, Explorer). Fun to Drive. If Suzuki came out with a full size SUV it would give the Explorer and Pilot a lot of competition.

Nice Vehicle for the price.
By First Time Suzuki on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I checked out a few SUV's including the Isuzu Trooper, Honda Pilot, Isuzu Rodeo, Toyota Highlander, Ford Escape and many others. I finally ended up with the XL-7 Limited. For the money, this SUV is great. The leather is supple, the front dash looks very nice. The wooden trims combined with chrome accents give the interior a very expensive look. I especially like the part where the front cup holders and space are completely covered with the same interior color plastic. The self illuminous dash light is very easy to read during the day or night. More engine power, power seats and 2'nd 3'rd row shoulder to shoulder seating space need to be enhanced/added.

Gimme an import!
By Mr.XYZ on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second SUV I have owned. I previously owned a Ford Escape. While the pickup and overall power were better in the Ford, it handled like a dump truck. I was afraid to take a turn for fear of turning over. I intensionally took sharp angled turns at above normal speeds during my test drive. The wheels were glued to the road. I never had the sensation of "holding on for dear life" while attacking the turns. I like the center console instead of the steering column gear shifter. The wood trim is a nice touch. It is also a sharp looking vehicle from the outside. Overall, a quality vehicle ot a reasonable price.

Great SUV at a great price
By snjlovin2run on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the XL7, I got the small SUV I wanted and we still have 7 seats for emergencies, although you do have to adjust the 2nd and 3rd row just right to make everyone comfy.The XL7 is on a sturdy truck frame and has a real and simple manual 4wd system.The engine is not a power dynamo but adequate and very smooth with the liquid filled engine mounts and 32 valve config.The engine using a timing chain instead of a belt also appealed to me. Gas mileage is better than expected, getting 22-23 on the open road and 18-19 in city driving.It is simple and practicle in engineering and design but comes with a host of standard features.

Pearl White XL7 Limited
By Captain Wade on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

With 5800 miles under my belt I have to say the XL7 is a great car. I have the Limited package that makes the car look like a $40K SUV. Everyone laughs when I tell them it's a Suzuki, they don't believe itme Full leather, sun roof power everything. And the extra room the XL has is great. I just brought home two 60 inch beches for my boat. One in the cargo area and on on the roof with the optional racks attached. Let me see a RAV4 or even the new KIA pull that one off. And 7 seats to beet! The longer wheel base really helps the ride a well. Definately worth a second look. Captain Wade

In the Budget......
By jcusmano on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Check one out before you buy a honda or a toyota.

NO MORE AMERICAN AUTOS 4 ME
By mike tess on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

after years of putting up with problem after problem with my ford taurus and ford expedition i totally give up with american cars, especially ford! i love this mini suv, a super great value, fully loaded, peppy engine, great looks, drives great, handles well, all around quality. well thought out. and you dont see one every other block

Never thought I would buy a SUZUKI????
By John Cusmano on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited is a well designed SUV with all the toys for a reasonable price.

XL7
By Jen Conlin on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best ride I've ever been in. I enjoy the fact that I feel like I'm riding on air. I barely feel the bumps on the road, the engine is quiet and I enjoy the comfort that the vehicle provides.