Used 2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Satisfied Customer
By Phil Dee

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Was looking for a smaller SUV that would move more than 5 people occasionally. This has worked just as we had expected. Its not built to be the big 7 passenger SUV - it works for a mix of adults & kids. The ride is great and the features more than adequate, all for a reasonable price! It might not be suitable for larger people, but its exactly what we were looking for.

Favorite Features

7 passenger, comfortable ride, good stereo, good seating configurations for travelling with children.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, less-complicated flip- down controls of 2nd row, add front seat adjustment controls (eg. lumbar adjustment, tilt)

tough suv
By GDJ

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We shopped a long time before deciding on the XL-7 I had gone on the Edmonds site... earlier models seemed to be very reliable and I have had no problems. This is a handsome SUV that will impress when your in a snowy environment.

Favorite Features

Everything!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Illuminated vanity mirrors compass

Could be better
By Lesley385

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice fully loaded SUV; however, too expensive when considering the poor gas mileage. I've had one idiot run into the side of me and I barely felt a thing. He was going 45 mph when he hit, so if you have kids you can rest easy that they'll be safe.

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors & seats, stereo system, 3rd row seats

Suggested Improvements

FUEL ECONOMY!!!!!!!! Lighted mirrors on visor would be nice too.

Another stop to fill up
By 1TheMacs

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I like this small SUV for the price. I had to look a long time to find one without the 3rd seat. The 3rd seat doesn't fold flat.

Favorite Features

Rear door opens smooth. Rear cargo area has plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs improvement. 5 speed Auto, higher geared rear end and bigger gas tank. 300 miles per tank, we are always stoping to fill up.

My suzuki X-L7
By crach

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The car runs smoothly on both highway and local roads. Is able to easily acellerate onto highways. Has no problem in snow, we had a bad winter last year one storm was over 30" our XL- 7 never got stuck. Gas milage could be better it gets around 15 miles/gallon around town, 19/gallon highway. It's had two recalls both were quickly repaired by the dealer. I love the ABS braking, it's worked well on slippery rain slicked roads.

Favorite Features

The woodgrain dashboard, the sound system, the extra rear seats, the extra cooling vents in the backseat, ABS braking system

Suggested Improvements

a little more leg room for the rear seats,running board should be standard on both models, few more cup holders in the front