2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Great car
By dfrasure on 11/17/12 06:48 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this on an impulse and have not been disappointed. I love this inside ans out. I have yet to find any problems.

All good but the 4wd
By giraffedan on 04/11/12 09:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It is overall very reliable, and works well. Power wen I need it, fuel efficient for its size when i baby it. 4wd on the other hand failed. My mom complained about the 4wd for years and mechanics said thats just how suzuki 4wds work. I finally brought it to the Suzuki dealership where they said the same thing. i asked them to just take a look. Their senior mechanic said he has never seen a 4wd fall apart like that. He said it would cost at least $800 just to take it apart and see what is wrong. Only other complaint is that the belt they used is too skinny so it squeaks every morning if it is under 40 degrees. If the 4wd still worked it would be a perfect car. Suggestions would be great

My Suzi has proven herself.
By woody2009 on 03/21/12 23:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my suziki recently, used. I loved the looks of it and the 4x4 was what I really needed because I live in a flood area. It proved itself this past week when I came across a flooded road going home one night going home from work. It didn't look that deep but by the time I was half way thru the water was coming over the hood. It never lost power or traction. I passed a car stuck half way thru and the looks on their faces was priceless as they watched me drive (or possibly floating) by. I was scared but the adrenalin rush when I made it to the end was priceless. Had a little water in the passenger floor board. Other than that ALL DRY!!

love my suzuki
By FAL on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 suzuki XL7 3years ago and I love it. It has gotten me through a really tough winter 2009 in MD. My only problem is that my CD player just stopped working my friend who also has the XL7 had the same problem with her CD player and a CD got stuck in hers. I was able to get my CD out but it just doesn't play at all. Other than that I love it, It has an automatic starter (not sure who added that but it is a plus) I would buy another one...but hope this one last a long time.

Great Vehicle
By rey on 09/01/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Suzuki Grand Vitara Xl-7 brand new in 2003.. I depend quite a bit on my vehicle for work and require a reliable vehicle that I know I can count on. this vehicle has been a great find and has surpassed my expectations. with over 100,000 miles I have yet to invest in any repairs or huge maintenance costs. good quality vehicle that you know you can count on for many years to come.

Best Car Ever!
By Tina G on 08/24/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Suzuki XL7 for 7 years and have put 223,000 miles on it. In that time, I've only had one minor repair! The body has held up as well as the engine. This car is comfortable, looks great and is the most reliable car I've ever owned. Hoping to get another 100,000 reliable miles out of it :)

tranny failed 100,000 miles dont buy
By aaron ott on 12/22/09 09:01 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was happy with this vehicle until the transmission failed. The mechanic pulled it apart and showed me the parts were cheap and paper thin. The customer service I received from corporate was terrible. Don't buy this car.

A very good buy in more ways then one!
By Nadia Adams on 07/15/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I are Jeep lovers, when we met we both had Suzuki Samari's. We spent the last 2 years looking for the best vehicle to upgrade with. But after our son came along we were even more anxious on finding a dependable and secure Jeep to transport our bundle of joy. We stubbled across a pearl white XL7, after the test drive we were sold not to mention that it was in great condition and had low mileage. It looks good but when we have family outtings & picnics it accomdates everything from bodies to bags! My husband has even taken the Jeep filled with friends on an island tour of our country Barbados and every passenger was so comfortable during the ride they feel at intervals!

By Susan on 05/05/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Suzuki and really like the performance, value and mileage. Getting a fully loaded XL-7 for 10k lower than everyone else makes this vehicle very affordable! My salesperson really knew her stuff, but sitting in the XL-7 actually sold itself. And talk about performance, someone drove my vehicle and said it drove like his Tahoe. I recommend you test drive one and you'll never buy anything ele. Unbelievable value for your hard-earned dollars!

Colorado Cruising
By cologuy on 04/20/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall this is a reliable vehicle. We have not had any maintenance issues. It has a snappy acceleration. I just had to get used to the power coming on at 3000 rpm. On the highway the ride is great except for a little road noise but not that bad. Around town the lady likes it for in and out of parking lots. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg in town and 21 to 23 on highway. The car survived quite well after being rear ended buy a F250 super duty ford diesel, impact was absorbed by the rear door mounted spare. After repair it is still driving great.