Used 2003 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Great car
By dfrasure

2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this on an impulse and have not been disappointed. I love this inside ans out. I have yet to find any problems.

Everything about the car.

none at this time.

All good but the 4wd
By giraffedan

2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It is overall very reliable, and works well. Power wen I need it, fuel efficient for its size when i baby it.
4wd on the other hand failed.
My mom complained about the 4wd for years and mechanics said thats just how suzuki 4wds work.
I finally brought it to the Suzuki dealership where they said the same thing. i asked them to just take a look.
Their senior mechanic said he has never seen a 4wd fall apart like that. He said it would cost at least $800 just to take it apart and see what is wrong. Only other complaint is that the belt they used is too skinny so it squeaks every morning if it is under 40 degrees.
If the 4wd still worked it would be a perfect car.
Suggestions would be great

The A/T Power button is a great feature. It has only come in handy a couple times, going through deep mud or towing something really heavy and trying to get onto the highway with a short ramp. I like that I control when it uses 4wd or 2wd. The adjustable middle row is great, because I have alot of fat friends I pile into my car, so they have plent of leg and belly room. The ground clearance is great because it isn't so high you feel tipy but enough of a clearance i don't bottom out on the way to the rope swing.

If the cabin was 1ft longer it would have been perfect in like 4 situations. I would have also liked the option to role down or pop up the cargo door window. I also would have liked the front bumper to be just a bit higher, and a sheild underneath with a trap door to access the oil filter. Also a more convenient place for the oil filter and have it not be sideways so i don't drip when i pull it off, or put it on.

My Suzi has proven herself.
By woody2009

2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my suziki recently, used.
I loved the looks of it and the 4x4 was what I really needed because I live in a flood area.
It proved itself this past week when I came across a flooded road going home one night going home from work.
It didn't look that deep but by the time I was half way thru the water was coming over the hood.
It never lost power or traction.
I passed a car stuck half way thru and the looks on their faces was priceless as they watched me drive (or possibly floating) by.
I was scared but the adrenalin rush when I made it to the end was priceless. Had a little water in the passenger floor board.
Other than that ALL DRY!!

The 4x4 and the look of this suv is gorgeous. The interior is amazing too.

A better stereo system. The CD player cuts out every so often.

love my suzuki
By FAL

2003 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 suzuki XL7 3years ago and I love it. It has gotten me through a really tough winter 2009 in MD. My only problem is that my CD player just stopped working my friend who also has the XL7 had the same problem with her CD player and a CD got stuck in hers. I was able to get my CD out but it just doesn't play at all. Other than that I love it, It has an automatic starter (not sure who added that but it is a plus) I would buy another one...but hope this one last a long time.

6 disk CD player

Great Vehicle
By rey

2003 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Suzuki Grand Vitara Xl-7 brand new in 2003.. I depend quite a bit on my vehicle for work and require a reliable vehicle that I know I can count on. this vehicle has been a great find and has surpassed my expectations. with over 100,000 miles I have yet to invest in any repairs or huge maintenance costs. good quality vehicle that you know you can count on for many years to come.