2002 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
A great vehicle
By happyowner1 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My family was looking for a SUV which comes with real 4WD so that we might travel on the national sea shore at south Texas. We also like a vehicle that would take more than 5 people because our friends visit us very often. The XL-7 has been running on the sea shore with no problems. The 4-WD and 7 seats feature provides us lots of fun. We are not playing harsh on this vehicle. Our 4WD XL-7 so far handle very well on the muddy road and by the sea shore.

XL-7 - GREAT RIDE!
By Jeff Towry on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Five months and 7200 miles and we're still in love with our XL-7. Wife had reservations about SUV (previously drove Cutlass), but now says she will never drive a car again! Truck rides and drives GREAT! I no longer get tired on long trips! Daughter loves the rear air, extra leg room, and reclining rear seats. We didn't need third row seating, but had to buy that way to get rear air. We removed third row seat cushion and that provided flat load floor. Still needs cargo net to keep groceries from falling out on feet when rear door opened. Truck has not been back to dealer since the day we left. There has been no need!

Quality, and much more than you pay for!
By Yokemate on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The leather interior is polished and professional, the ride is quiet and refined, the seven year transferable no deductible power train warranty (3 year bumper to bumper) is outstanding. You don't pay for a bunch of extra doodads. The XL-7 is two inches narrower than the ML 320, and is maneuverable, as a result. The XL-7 is truck based but rides like a car and has a part-time 4x4 capacity, which can be switched to at up to 60 mph. The XL-7 has done quite well in crash tests. The XL-7 has crunch zones, anti- lock brakes, beams in the doors, pretensioners on the seat belts, and second generation air bags. We've been surprised by the high initial quality.

XL7 - Fun, Reliable, Economical!
By carjam on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Our XL7 Touring 4WD had approximately 11,000 miles on it when we purchased it. It is extremely fun to drive, very economical and has presented few problems. There is a recurring "rattle" because the hood adjustment keeps getting loose and the front passenger seatbelt malfunctioned and was replaced, but other than that - no problems. It would be nice if Suzuki would make the seats a little more comfortable, too. It is easy to park, corners very well and is easy to control in windy, storm conditions. The moonroof opens easily for just a little ventilation, or for a more "open-air" experience. A very fun, reliable and economical vehicle overall.

2002 Suzuki XL-7
By Lorry on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a fantastic SUV. Not only does she look sleek and classy. Her handling is excellent. Brakes are a little squashy but still are very good when stopping is a must. The back hach opening is a dream. Opening from the side instead of downward, is way better and convenient. The 4wd in bad winter conditions has proven itself to me as the best i've seen yet in handling slushly, slippery roads. All in all it was thee best investment i've ever made!! Suzuki out did themselves with this SUV.

Great Value!
By s.h.c. on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent quality, great value for the money. Fun to drive and rides very smoothly. If you are looking for a SUV with 3 rows of seat at a reasonable price (low $20K), definitely consider this SUV.

XL-7 Me!
By Barrington Bum on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for the money! Downsizing from an Expedition, the size difference was our biggest adjustment, but the features and performance have won us over - and the rear windows go all the way down! "Value engineering" is evident in some places, but tolerable so far.

Great Little SUV
By yorgibear on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a vehicle my wife picked out. I own a Silverado and love it, but I now prefer to drive this little 4X4. The fuel economy has been better than expected and my kids love the DVD/TV screen and sunroof. My wife loves the heated seats and the window locks. The on demand 4X4 is so much better than all-wheel drive. The four-wheel drive goes into gear on the fly (like my Chevy) and we both feel much safer transporting the kids to school and back. I am extremely surprised how well in handles and the freeway and the perky engine. So far we are very satified.

Reviewers Must be Prejudiced
By sweetsuzie on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We just got this car, and absolutely love it more each time we drive it. It can't possibly be the same vehicle the reviewers are talking about. It is peppy, quiet, comfortable and with excellent build quality.

Affordable, Comfortable, and Stylish
By sandersfan20 on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I used to have a 2000 Taurus, but it had to go. I needed more room. I traded it in and thanks to a dealer incentive lost no equity on an already reasonably priced vehicle. I really wasn't sure what to expect but so far at 4200 miles I am still very happy with my purchase. I opted for the automatic and no 3rd seat. The cargo room is great and no stoplight shifting for me. If you have more money than brains like most Americans, you need to spend 30K on an overpriced SUV. If you want results for a reasonable price, then I reccommend the Suzuki XL-7.