2002 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Great City Runner
By Neichnm1 on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is narrow, agile handling, quick off the line making it great for tight spots in crowded places, yet long enough to give plenty of inside room. Not suitable as a long distance cruiser. Seats are too small for long drives, wind noise high at speeds over 65. Fuel tank range limited to 300 miles per fillup.

Exceeding Happy
By NASA Gal on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle for the express purpose of using it to tour the U.S. (and be able to go anyway) when we retired, and knowing the third seat will be down 99% of the time. Have had the vehicle 18 months now, with only required maintenance done on it and regularly get 20-21 mpg. This is one vehicle I have no problem recommeding to others.

Great SUV for the price & safe!
By photolab1921 on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I searched for months to find an SUV with high safety ratings, comes with many options and a low price. This was it! I compared this SUV with the Toyota RAV-4, Jeep Liberty, & Ford Escape to find this was the best deal and a safe vehicle, unlike some of the above. I have not been dissappointed yet! I love this SUV. It's exactly what I wanted and expected.

A Very Fun-tional Vehicle
By boscoblair on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is an excellent, exciting alternative to a minivan for morning carpool, especially with elementary schoolers. Second-graders are able to work the 7-passenger seating mechanisms fine, and fight over doing so! Seating is exceptionally comfortable for 4 adults, and it works fine for 5-child transport... all behind the front row. So far I've enjoyed this vehicle as much as or more than as any that I've owned, including several Toyotas, a BMW, a Nissan, an Isuzu, Chevys, a couple of Fords and our current Honda Odessey.

So far so good!
By Suzifan2003 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my XL-7 for 2 months and still am very much in love with it. It is fun to drive, good in turns and after switching to synthetic oil, have been getting 25 mpg on the freeway.

on to alaska
By tazmania on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

traded a chev astro van for this one because i wanted a 4x4 for my trip to alaska.- read more reviews than i can remember, but this car is true to them.- for now have been using it on the back roads of Baja Calif and no complaints.- Expect the gas milage to improve as the engine settles down.- my two fulled sized dogs ( boxers) love it.- the trunk holds all my camping gear and with the side opening door it's easy to get to.- What I really like is its is not rounded like the other midsize suvs.- its lines are straight and sleek and it doesn't look oversized.-

I cant decide
By XLerator on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Drivers cockpit cramped. My leg rubs when driving and if I push the seat back there is no passenger leg room. Definitely needs better gas mileage. Barely getting 15 Mpg. Needs a low fuel light and smaller rear headrests. Good looker. Nice leather interior. The heated seats sure do work. Could use a better tire size. Third seat only holds very samll children.

Grewat Car
By ddcast1 on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Drives like a dream and a affordable price

Drivers Seat is Killing ME!
By JulieJewls on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my XL7 after spending weeks looking on the internet. This vehicle had everything I wanted. Leather, Heated Seats, Third Row Seating, Sun Roof. I since added a DVD system, and now my kids are in heaven. I fell in love with the "Purple" color, with the dark gray leather interior...

Excellent value
By Jonas on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed thusfar with my vehicle. I previously owned a Toyota 4Runner and am quite happy with the Suzuki. The extra seat is wonderful for a growing family. I would like it a little wider but can live with it. However, I would not buy from Empire Suzuki in Montclair, CA. I encountered several problems with their dealership and dealing with these problems via their purported customer service was a most unpleasant and caustic experience. Fortunately, the vehicle makes up for it.