2002 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Great SUV for the Money
By Tabitha335 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for the money. I've owned my XL-7 for one year and have put 20,000 miles on it. No complaints and haven't had any problems. Comfortable car on the road and great off road capabilities as well. The V-6 is small but adequate.

A Very Reliable Vehicle
By Carmelo G on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have 40,000 miles on this car and not one problem has occured. This is the most reliable car that I have ever owned. We completed an 8,500 mile trip and found it to be a comfortable ride. The Denver Suzuki/Isuzu Dealer was easy to deal with and we got a good deal.

Love It!
By Sinjin on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned a multitude of 4x4's over the years, but overall find my XL-7 one of the very best values. It may not be the fastest, most off-road worthy, get the best gas mileage, or draw the most looks but it has never let me down, even during -15 degree Colorado winters. You won't go wrong, but keep in mind it is not a $50k vehicle, so don't expect one.

Not bad for the price !!!
By Sal Ferro on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This little SUV handles it own. For the price the features are outstanding. I have a third row seat whichs is great for kids , but a little cramped for the adults on long trips. The soft plastic they use for the visors is too filmsy and not long enough to block the sun when you use it for side use. Overall this SUV is worth the price and has enough room to spare and using the 4 Wheel drive is fun. Oh !! I do have one issue that I am too lazy to go to get fixed, is that sometimes the radio LEDS go dim in the daylight whichs makes it hard to see the station and clock. One day I will have the issue addressed when I have time to go to the dealer.

Joy to drive
By Vernessa on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have now had my XL 7 for about 2 months and love the ride. Very comfortable.

fun 4x4
By LIDiver on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has adequate acceleration. Good braking. The side opening rear door is a plus for me. Gas mileage is typical for a 4x4 vehicle. Interior room is good. Drivers seat has adequate adjustment to make the driving comfortable. All in a it is a good purchase and fun to drive.

Will Not Ever Buy From Suzuki Again !!!
By DevAuto on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I got the truck used, and within a month I had been rear-ended. One part to be replaced was the tailpipe, estimated cost $175-$200. After 5 months, many trips to the dealer, hours of agony, and countless phone calls to Suzuki, I discovered that the exhaust system on the 2002 XL-7 was redesigned, and to repair my vehicle, I would need to replace the ENTIRE exhaust system, cost about $2000. To make it worse, Suzuki can't produce a tail pipe for a truck that was in production at the time of the accident. I spoke with every level of customer support at Suzuki, nothing came of it. I do not want Suzuki to earn another penny of my money.

Best SUV under $30,000
By VC99 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The high-performance engine. Good location for the filter. 2 timing chains. Smooth, quiet, and comfortable on driving.

The Bigger, Small SUV
By SuperDon on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It handles very well for it's size and weight. It is very easy to park especially with the bigger side mirrors. Roomy enough for our 4 kids and they can handle flipping down a middle seat to get into the rear. Exceptional sound from the 4 speaker/1 subwoofer CD player. We added chrome nerfbars to help with the kids getting in and out and helps prevent door dings. The driving lights really help in rain and foggy conditions and help shine where the headlights (very bright) can't. Heated side-mirrors are a must. With the rear air/heat vents, warming up and cooling down is done quickly. Uses 5.8 quarts of oil.

What's not to like?
By killerbeez on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I went shopping for a Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute and came home with the Suzuki. After having 3 dealers tell me that I really should drive the XL-7, I reluctantly tried one...I loved it. It was quieter, handled better and was more roomy than many of the bigger SUV's that I tried. The AT shifts very smoothly, and it has just the right amount of bells and whistles. Very solid vehicle. This vehicle is deceptively quick and motors well at highway speeds and beyond.