Used 2002 Suzuki XL-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
XL-7 review
By lara on 05/17/06 17:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am so disappointed with this vehicle. The third row is too small for even my children to fit comfortably. The car has electrical problems, the keyless entry doesn't work, my interior light and headlights go out frequently and need to be replaced. I have had problems with my brakes (I don't know if its the car or the place that keeps fixing them).

Love my SUV
By carrie on 02/28/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my XL-7 for 3 months and I still love it. When I was first shown one I had no knowledge of it. I drove it and liked it, but the dealership was asking too much. So I found another one online, LOVED the color, test drove it in the snow and I had to have it. I drive about 40 miles roundtrip to work each day and the gas isn't as bad as I had expected. It is very roomy inside and accommodates my 6'5" fiancee. I would definitly reccommend it to anyone.

Great SUV for the Price
By bookburner451 on 01/06/06 17:14 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I needed a bigger vehicle for family transport. The XL-7 seats 7 (five adults+ 2 kids in the 3rd row) comfortably with luggage. It's great for trips to the grocery store. This truck is fun to drive and looks sharp, but needs to get better gas mileage (17 mpg).

Let Me Down
By tlambert on 07/24/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am very disappointed with my Suzuki XL-7. At 48,000 miles the air compressor pump/belt went out. It cost $1,600 to replace! I live in Oregon, and only use the A/C 6 weeks of the year!

Love It!
By knbconklin on 07/21/05 10:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this SUV 2 years ago and fell in love from the start. The only problem I've had besides normal wear and tear was the ABS kicking in prematurely when I first bought it. Once the problem was fixed with my warranty the car has been nothing but awesome! The gas mileage is average, but the way the car handles and the fun I have driving it makes up for it. I was sad to find out I'd have to get rid of it, due to child #3 and no room, but I am trading it in for a newer XL-7 with a 3rd row seat. I have driven several SUVs, this has been the best by far! Love it on long trips, which are taken often. Anyone who has numerous problems must have a lemon and should give the XL-7 a second chance.

Not Worth the Price
By kdilg on 05/11/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with my 2002 Suzuki XL-7. The front end has had continous noise and problems, and it literally eats tires every 15,000 miles. The steering wheel has always made noise, and the air conditioner froze and leaked water all over the passenger at 5,000 miles, All the other problems started at 15,000 miles. I would not suggest buying this vehicle. I have had it in the shop 1- 2 times a month. I can't wait to get rid of it, and I will never buy another Suzuki. After ten attempts to fix it, I have been told it is not fixable. Off to lemon law court we go.

I've Seen and Driven Better
By einakin on 05/02/05 20:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Over all the xl-7 is not too bad, but the driver's seat area is too narrrow. Also the floor heat is very bad doesn't hardly work even. And that is not a good thing for living in Central New York. Alot of people are complaining about the access of the oil filter. It is a bit of a pain but oce you get the hag of it it isn't as bad.

Reliable, Economic SUV
By M. P. Melvin on 04/03/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very reliable vehicle. However, I would admit this is no luxury SUV but for the price a very good value. Build quality is somewhat questionable. Dealer support is good as is the service that accompanies it.

OK for the money.
By Fred Fein on 11/26/04 13:26 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good SUV for the money. Liked 3rd seat compared to cost of other SUV's. But have had problems with seal at waterpump, dealer fixed twice. Lousy MPG - no better than 15-16 mpg. And terrible defroster !! And crummy tires. Dunlops, just about bald at 20K.

Versitlile Car
By Calbay7 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

this is a dependeble and versitile car the seats hurt your back if you do not get the leather option. But overall, solid transpoetation and a great value