2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Zuki for 6
By patman on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this as an alternative to a minivan and large SUV's. We have been very happy with it. We use it to run around town with our 4 kids, friends, and all their stuff, and it works great. We have also taken it on trips, and it travels better than we expected.

XL7 a deal
By Maniac on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Originaly I did not find much info when I purchased my XL7 in 2001 so here goes. I would purchase another for the same reasons. My four children and Spouse are able to go anywhere the larger SUV's tread, yet we find parking not a problem due to the layout and size. Economy could get a boost yet, I pulled a 2000lb trailer with ease and yes, all four children and Mom were present. If you want a rugged and refined SUV that delivers towing capacity and looks great at the theater which fits in a parking lot, than go buy one. 0% financing was a fabulous bonus. You won't regret passing up the Blazer for it. Ask for the Fuel warning light, I still can't locate mine.

Great SUV with lots of features
By rl on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It has air-conditioning on the back, day-time running light, automatically turn on the light when it is dark, very good gas mileage for a 7-seater. (21 mile per gallon) The best part is the 0% interest on car loan. All new 2002 has 7 year 70,000 miles warranty A great SUV that I highly recommended. 94% of the parts are made in Japan! Very well-built car. I never need to do any repair on this SUV yet

Nice Ride
By markcarpenter34 on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Really nice looking vehicle. Priced with the RAV4, but looks and feels more like a 4Runner. The interior could have used a little more thought. The radio is mounted low on the dash, and the third row should just be folded down, because no one could sit back there. Excellent service on vehicle so far.

Love My XL7
By irelandives on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Only complaint about the vehicle is the cupholders are inconvienient. Runs like a dream has gone everywhere without difficulty. The dealership, Bob Lewis in San Jose, ripped me off big time with the lease and have been a really awful dealership in many respects... don't go there, get it somewhere else.

My Suz
By jlukas on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As an engineer, there is only a minimal changes I would do for the interior; add LED lights to all instruments (heat control) and add 1 to 2 inch width to the front seating

XL7 touring
By collie on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice ride and very attractive. A bit hard on the legs on long drives. More hip room would be a dream. Love the handling for its size you can get into SPEED tourble if your lead-footed.

Honest review after 16 monthsof use.
By Al Davis on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for comfortable four wheel drive, with good fuel economy. This vehicle is not the one! Also the third row seating is a joke. Any child under fifty pounds is ok. Any larger they will have no leg room. This is a well built vehicle just not practicle for seven people.

A nice surprise
By tetra on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased used with 16000 miles. Very pleased with interior comfort and storage. Good power from the V6 and automatic. Ours is 4 wheel drive. Runs smooth and quiet. Seats are comfortable quiet interior. Versatel 3rd seat, rear air cond. Good looks. Solid and good build quality. A vehicle to review when purchasing another vehicle.

"A RICH MAN'S POOR MIDSIZE SUV "
By GIFFO on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I CAN NOT BE NEGATIVE REGARDING MY PURCHASE OF THIS PARTICULAR SUV. I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER ONE YEAR; AND MY ONLY COMPLAINT ARE THE TIRES THAT CAME STANDARD WITH THIS VEHICLE. I CALL THEM THE " DEATH TIRES " ( FIRESTONE / BRIDGESTONE. ) THEY COMPLETELY WORE DOWN BELOW STATE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTD BY 7000 MILES. SUZUKI SHOUL CHANGE ITS AGREEMENT RE. TIRES.