2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
# Yera Synopsis
By mjconde on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Extremely reliable vehicle, No major repairs needed outside of routine maintenance for 86,000 miles driven so far.

DON'T LOVE MY SUZUKI !!!
By tpiantedosi on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT MY SUZUKI FOR THE SAME REASON AS MOST - IT COST LESS THE THE OTHERS. I HAVE FOUND THOUGH YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS W/ MINE. THE DOOR LOCKS WHERE FALLING OUT, (THE SCREWS WHERE NOT SECURED), I HAD A TRANSMISSON OIL LEAK (THEY DID REPAIR IT ) THERE IS NO GAS LIGHT (I RAN OUT OF GAS 4 TIMES). i HAD OWNED A TOYOTA RAV 4 BEFORE I PURCHASED THIS & I LOVE IT. I DRIVE A STANDARD SIFT, AND THIS ONE IS SO MUCH HARDER TO DRIVE. THE TIRES ARE SHOT AFTER 20,000 MILES, THERE IS NO HAPPY MEDIUM WITH THE HEAT - EITHER YOUR FACE IS ON FIRE OR YOUR FREEZING AND YOUR FEET NEVER GET WARM EVEN WHEN IT ON FEET ONLY.

Good value for the price
By gibby12 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm also a Honda devotee who wanted more features for the money this time around - we have a CRV and wanted something similar but with a V-6 b/c of how dangerous it is to drive I-35 down here. You have to be able to punch it and MOVE! For the most part, we're happy with this lil' SUV.

Over 70K & Still Going
By rjconde on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My XL7 has carried me many miles through storms and ice, great shift on the fly 4WD and lots of pep. My husband keeps wanting me to get a newer more powerful SUV, but my XL7 has all the power I need. It is reliable,economically efficient and affordably priced.

Love my XL-7
By Love My XL-7 on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my XL-7 2 years now. I bought it to give me more room for hauling things, or for camping, etc. I was unsure about leaving my nice and reliable Honda Accord behind. But, I have been impressed and pleased overall with this vehicle. It is versatile, comfortable, and gives good overall performance. It is a great value for the money given all the standard features. And, it is nice to have a vehicle that isn't like every other one on the road. I consistently get better fuel economy than posted-- about 21mpg mixed/24mpg highway. It may be utilitarian and simple for some people, but that's why I like it.

One tough SUV
By playinmachine on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The best part of this SUV is the build quality. I have 20,000 miles on my XL7 and no rattles. This is one stout SUV.

My Suzuki
By Rhonda Gordon on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I needed an a new automobile to recieve high mileage and to be able to use on trips or just every life for a running family.

Good Review
By Paulie D on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

All around good midsize SUV

My thoughts after 20 months of ownership
By Ms MD on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this XL7 For me new on 5-01 Price was my original strong motivation to buy. For twenty thousand it is a good deal.Only small details have been noticed. Such as the lack of useable arm rests,seeing and using the radio are not always easy. My husband is an aircraft enginieer. He on the other hand found other small problems that i never noticed. He advised me that the tires are shot after only 16000 miles. This is after two tire rotations. Also the defroster funtion is inadaqute when the vehicle is filled with passengers.Overall, Fully loaded four wheel drive still can't beat it for the price!

It just... runs
By WiseOne on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle b/c I needed a good, reliable one for work travel. I also needed to carry up to 7 people (mostly kids) from time to time. The XL- 7 has delivered on all counts. It's large enough to carry what I need, but not too large to make it hard to park or killer on the gas mileage.