2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
2001 XL-7 Review
By JENNIFER on 02/10/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

The Suzuki XL-7 is visually cute on the outside. However, the interior is small and compact in all roows of seating. The dash organization is poorly done. The radio is on the bottom of the dash and hard to reach and see, which I think makes it a danger to change stations when driving. As far as the driving of the vechicle, it's okay on a perfect day with NO wind. With even the slightest wind, it's nearly impossible to handle, for male and especially female adults. We've even been told we look like drunk drivers and believe me it's the car, not our skills.

Best Value SUV
By Perry Armstrong on 01/05/06 17:09 PM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have not had one problem with my XL-7. It rides nice and smooth like a car and it I love the "power switch." It's like a James Bond SUV (used for passing or for getting a jump start). I don't have any complaints. It's a great value buy. This is why we purchased it.

Reliable Suzuki XL-7
By Linda F. Burgos on 10/21/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My 2001 Suzuki XL-7 is a good vehicle for taking kids from Point A to Point B. I have never had a single mechanical problem. The four wheel drive is excellent. And, I like the versatility of the third row seat. However, better quality interior materials would be nice to consider as a future improvement. My son frequently rested his feet on the rear passenger seat when he was a toddler so that the pocket on the back seat ripped open. In my opinion, for a car that is marketed to moms with kids, the seat ripped a little too easily. And, the plastic trim around the sunroof has an annoying habit of coming loose. Despite these minor issues, it is a solid car.

Suzuki
By pferraro on 07/17/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Decent vehicle with good reliablty. Retained value over time is very poor however. Plan on keeping this vehicle, even if you acquired it for well under list price, as it's trade in value is very low.

can't wait til i get rid of it!!
By tpiantedosi on 05/02/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2001 XL7. I have had many problems from day one. Within the 1st few weeks I had a transmition leak. Which the dealer fixed. After only 2 years and 24000 miles the tires were bald. Though was told that it was not a suzuki problem. (though it is known that the tires are horrible on the XL7). I recently lost the gas door cover because the clamp inside rotted. Though again not the dealers problem. The 3rd row seat is unusable. Children barely fit never mind and adult. And the gas mileage is horrible. The inside is cheap looking. But it does have many cup holders and a light in the ashtray. I would not recommend this SUV. Instead get a Toyato Rav 4. Had that before.

A Great SUV
By Pefbear on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

A Great SUV.....Surprise Surprise, Suzuki has done it with this SUV. All the options with a price second to none.Bertera in West Springfield hooked me up BIG. I can't wait for the 2005 to come out so I can buy a new one....GREAT JOB SUZUKI!!

sturdy,fun suv
By paula k on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is a sturdy, well equipped VERY comfortable SUV. Drives like a car, but very Safe feeling on highway. Good gas mileage for a heavy truck. Most comfortable seats (I have a bad back)I have found anywhere. Can't find a better deal for the money anywhere.

liked it
By Brian L (NY) on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck through all kinds of weather, on the beach & road. I can tell you the 4 wheel drive system is excellent. Its a nice smooth truck with decent power & good handling. Enjoy!

satisified
By mamabare on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good gas milage, just the right size for my family of 4. Handles well.

Disappointed
By Rosebud1955 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Touring 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This was a good car for the money. The dealership was very accommodating. I haven't had any major problems and found it very reliable. Low trade-in value.