Used 2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Keeps Going and Going
By Glenn

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

After 155,000 (40% off road) this is a little tank! I have not had one major thing go wrong after almost 5 years of abuse. Its comfortable on the road and plenty of room for 6. It can be towed 4 wheels down with ease. Its funny to see the surprize looks when leave people at a light after pushing the power button. For the price you just can't beat it.

It has great off road capibility. I may just raise the frame, park some big tires on it and keep it forever.

The wheel base is too narrow and needs more hip room for the back seats. Tracking takes some getting use to.

My baby
By jentomko

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I owned this vehicle for about 2 years, and I didn't realize just what a wonderful suv I had until I sold it. I have been searching for another suv ever since then, and nothing compares. I just can't find ANYTHING that even begins to compare to the this vehicle. I am serious. I never realized just how much I truly loved it until it was gone.

3rd row seat

Do not have a space between the middle and 3rd row seats when they are laid down. I tried to camp in it a few times, and when the seat were laid down to sleep on, the gap between the seats were extremely uncomfortable. We slid the seats as close as they would go. But still there was a 5-9 inch gap

2001 Suzuki XL-7
By STAY AWAY

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I loved this car when I bought. However, the tires do wear out soon. The major problem is the timing chain tensioner. It is a bad design. Suzuki is not offering any help with this. This repair costs around $1600.00.

Rear seats available if needed. Real 4x4. Dual A/C. Towing ability.

Better resale, only worth $5000.00 with only 60k miles, Originally costs $22,000.00. Better gas mileage. Better tires.

Best Buy for the Money
By Skidney

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle new in 2001 and I have had no problems with it. It is the absolute best buy in the class. It has real 4x4, 3,000 lbs. towing, dual A/C, and third row seating for the same price of a CR-V or a RAV4. I have towed a 2,800 lb. camper with success (mountains were a little stressful).

The third row seats, real 4x4, dual A/C, and reliability.

The tires wear out quickly.

Hate It
By chris

2001 Suzuki XL-7 SUV Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I can't stand my Suzuki XL-7. I have had so many problems with it and the dealer refuses to fix any of them. I wish that I never bought it. I will never buy any other vehicle from Suzuki in my life and will tell all my friends not to either.

Better dealers and warranties.