2001 Suzuki XL-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:
Suzuki
By pferraro on 07/17/05 11:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Decent vehicle with good reliablty. Retained value over time is very poor however. Plan on keeping this vehicle, even if you acquired it for well under list price, as it's trade in value is very low.

Good value for the price
By gibby12 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm also a Honda devotee who wanted more features for the money this time around - we have a CRV and wanted something similar but with a V-6 b/c of how dangerous it is to drive I-35 down here. You have to be able to punch it and MOVE! For the most part, we're happy with this lil' SUV.

My Suzuki
By Rhonda Gordon on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I needed an a new automobile to recieve high mileage and to be able to use on trips or just every life for a running family.

It just... runs
By WiseOne on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle b/c I needed a good, reliable one for work travel. I also needed to carry up to 7 people (mostly kids) from time to time. The XL- 7 has delivered on all counts. It's large enough to carry what I need, but not too large to make it hard to park or killer on the gas mileage.

Honest review after 16 monthsof use.
By Al Davis on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for comfortable four wheel drive, with good fuel economy. This vehicle is not the one! Also the third row seating is a joke. Any child under fifty pounds is ok. Any larger they will have no leg room. This is a well built vehicle just not practicle for seven people.

so far so good
By guyver53402 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

feels solid, had no problems in snowy,slippery conditions with 4wd engaged. gas mileage i have been averaging is 21 mpg. i love the high beam s, they really light things up