Used 2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XL-7 model:

Suzuki
By pferraro

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Decent vehicle with good reliablty. Retained value over time is very poor however. Plan on keeping this vehicle, even if you acquired it for well under list price, as it's trade in value is very low.

Good suspension, relaible, adequate power and room. Good safety numbers. Full body on frame construction. AFter market parts are resonably priced and available.

H rated OEM tires need to go to allow ore tire choices. Larger fender wells to allow 65 or 70 series tires. Heat/AC controls need improvement. AC condensor fan quality needs to be improved. Dealer supplied parts and service are expensive.

Good value for the price
By gibby12

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm also a Honda devotee who wanted more features for the money this time around - we have a CRV and wanted something similar but with a V-6 b/c of how dangerous it is to drive I-35 down here. You have to be able to punch it and MOVE! For the most part, we're happy with this lil' SUV.

Rear A/C, moon roof, V-6, third row for small son when we need it, more storage space than our CRV, decent mileage, the little extras that Honda would charge more for!

Too noisy on the interstate! More A/C on the floor when on bi-level. Add a notch below the lowest A/C level - it drys out my contacts and it's still too high for me. Need a bit more legroom now that our 13 yr old is 6'1". The Bridgestone tires wore out WAY too fast!

My Suzuki
By Rhonda Gordon

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I needed an a new automobile to recieve high mileage and to be able to use on trips or just every life for a running family.

- third row seat - rear air condition - standard 6 cyl. - standard features

- to fold 2nd row seat all the way down - to remove 2nd row seat - standard security system - standard front wheel drive

It just... runs
By WiseOne

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle b/c I needed a good, reliable one for work travel. I also needed to carry up to 7 people (mostly kids) from time to time. The XL- 7 has delivered on all counts. It's large enough to carry what I need, but not too large to make it hard to park or killer on the gas mileage.

+ Peppy engine and handling. + Value. I got the 5 year, 0% deal, and that puts this one at 2000-4000 cheaper than my alternatives. + Rear door (Not a hatchback) - I'm 6'4.5" and LOVE the way the door opens sideways. + Real truck chasis - this ain't a jacked up car.

Change the gearing to allow better highway mileage.

Honest review after 16 monthsof use.
By Al Davis

2001 Suzuki XL-7 Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for comfortable four wheel drive, with good fuel economy. This vehicle is not the one! Also the third row seating is a joke. Any child under fifty pounds is ok. Any larger they will have no leg room. This is a well built vehicle just not practicle for seven people.

Looks appealing priced fairly.quality construction.

Redesign front door interior no place to rest you're arm. It makes a medium size adult uncomfortable.