1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-90 model:
I Love my suzuki x90
By michelle110 on 01/29/14 08:39 AM (PST)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I had a Suzuki x-90 for 6 years and loved it, as it was getting rusted I got myself another one and used my old for parts, wish they would still make these!

I LOVE MY CAR...IT'S THE BEST
By Sue Mihelich on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had this car fir 13 years & it's NEVER BEEN IN THE GARAGE FOR REPAIR. I will never get another unless forced to do so..it fits my personality to a 'T'. I garage-keep it in our Michigan winters..and can't wait to get it out in the spring...People think it's a new hybrid..when I tell them that it's nearly15 years old..they're amazed..I have 89,000 happy miles on it..long live my X-90...

Best Little Car - Still get the "Looks"
By Charly on 05/01/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 96 fully loaded with all available options , driven daily - Wife for first 120K, then mine for next 40K. Pulled camper for 6000 miles. Pulled stumps on our property. Still pulls equipment trailer when required. Never been able to "STICK IT" with 12 speeds forward in 4WD. What could be better with the T-Tops out, 85 degrees & sunny, this car still get looks and questions like "where can I get one?" or "is that a new car?". Handles great in all types of weather and its large trunk carries big loads. Paint still shines after 13 yrs, no rattles, just routine scheduled maintenance,no car payments as I paid cash in 96, so what's not to like? Too bad they were only made 3 years,

So good I am buying a 2nd one!
By Denise on 10/17/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I was the second owner of my Silver pearl automatic transmission w/4 wheel drive and I fell in love. I kept the car MINT. I lost it on 5/18/06 when a jerk zoomed through a stop sign and totaled the car and almost totaled me. It took over a year of looking but I just found another 1996 X90 in great shape with less than 29,000 miles. I bought it! I am the third owner of this car. If they made new ones I would definitely buy a brand new one.

FUN!
By swtnncntme on 01/05/07 11:27 AM (PST)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV

I absolutely loved my car! I sold it when it got to about 300,000 miles. I finally changed the timing belt at 240,000 miles. It was very dependable. Wish I could find a new one. The gearing was bad for highway use, and that's how I used it - but I miss it terribly.

It's just so fun!!
By Queso on 08/10/05 09:17 AM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I always wanted one of these, ever since I first saw one in 1997! I Wasn't able to actually get one until 2005, and I got one cheap that had been severely abused by previous owners. Well, I nursed it back to health, and it has been a GREAT car! It's more fun than I had hoped! If it had a backseat, it wouldn't look anywhere near as cool. I love how unique it is. I get more looks than the new Mustangs! Especially with the t-tops off! The engine is small, but it can still move if you need it to. I plan to swap the engine soon.

Great city car
By djunk on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV

We've had the X-90 for two years. It is a great car for the city -- there's always a parking space available. It's not great at high speeds; the high profile is not aerodynamic. We've had minor problems with the power windows (very slow), but other than that, the car has been trouble-free and low-maintenance. It rides rough on potholed streets, but that might be just time to change the shocks. Gas mileage is good, but not as great as you would think with a car this small -- approx 26mpg city.

great car
By Jymick on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Great in Wisconsin winters! Ran like a top always. Very very dependable and cute!

The Best Car Ever - The "Bubble" Rules
By X90-King on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV

I love this car, I want to buy another one. I am going to keep it forever, even after I buy something larger in the future. The bubble has 127,000 miles on it, no problems until 115,000 - and even then they werent that big. I wish they were still making these and you could find more, It's definately a chick magnet - chicks dig the bubble.

Nothing like it on the road
By graham on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Suzuki X-90 SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

While automakers rush to search for something unique, there is nothing like the Suzuki x-90. Two door, T-top SUV? A collector's item already.