2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vitara model:
Does what I need it to
By grouse on 10/31/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Vitara because of the 4 wheel drive system, I need that low range. Included, is a comfortable ride, good handling, and enough cargo space for my son and I to go camping with all our gear (and drag along my boat or put the canoe on top). Reliability has been top notch and I take it places where people say "how did you get that up here". It is underpowered and consequently fuel mileage is so-so, I can't wait to get my hands on an 09 2.4L 4 cylinder - more power, more room, and better mileage (I hope).Had one since 1990 - probably always will.

My Baby!
By SCtoHI on 02/26/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car since 2003 and love it. We bought two to replace an Avalanche since we both needed cars in the snowy Appalachians, and mine got to be the 4WD! (Grown son is still driving #2.) I have driven the heck out of this thing for 111,000 miles, and the only thing repaired has been a brake switch (wouldn't allow me to take it out of Park.) That was a mystery at about 60,000 miles. Gas mileage is mid 20's, it has the perfect amount of cargo space for my small family, and the vehicle size is perfect for heavy traffic and parking garages here in Hawaii (yes, we shipped it from the East Coast; couldn't bear to part with it!) I wish these were still available. I'm hoping for 100,000!

Love my 'Zuki
By Laura on 11/18/06 19:05 PM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Suzuki Vitara has been wonderful. It handles easily, is truly economical to drive, and doesn't embarrass the kids. Too bad Suzuki discontinued the model, or I'd be trading it in for a newer one. It also has a pretty decent sound system in it, which I found to be a plus as soon as I started taking longer road trips. It even has nice safety features.

LOVE IT
By KIMQDA on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vitara after a couple of bad winters here, was set on a 4WD, but had a very limited budget, this was the only SUV i could find in my price range that i liked, with a dealer willing to work with me. I can now go where I want when I want no matter the weather. It is alot of fun to drive in the snow. I know when it is time for another vehicle I will buy another one if I can.

Great little car
By sandspur on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 2dr Soft Top SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my mid-life fun car - although I'm a good 20 years past midlife (61). Great for toodling around town, to the beach and commuting. Seems like the gas mileage should be a little better, but I get 26 on the road and 24 around town. Had no use for the tiny back seat so i took it out - now I have a mini truck/convertible/sportscar.

It's Perfect For Me
By Camperjoe on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a minivan for my Suzuki Vitara and I couldn't be happier. It performs perfectly, I LOVE the gas mileage. I like the way it handles driving around town especially.

My Toy
By KIMQDA on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Vitara, I was set on getting a 4WD after last winter and being stuck in the house. I shopped around for the best value, with the features I wanted and the price I wanted to pay. I did over 3 months of looking before deciding on the Vitara. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Good Vehicle
By Candleman on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I Love my Vitara. It has good pick up. Plenty of leg room and rides well on the open road.

I paid too much for it.
By PUDDIN on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I know for a fact I was overcharged by them after looking at the pricing on your website. It was probably because of my bad credit and they knew I had not done my research on it.

Convertible SUV???
By Cars4me89 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Vitara SUV Rwd 2dr Soft Top SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It was a total mistake to purchase this car. The guy told me that the top was easy to put down and really fun with it down. It's nearly impossible to get it down. I hate this car. It's an imbarresment to own and my daughter thinks that it is pretty cool, though. The engine is so weak and a stick shift? Who the heck puts a stick shift in an SUV? At least it is a 5 speed.