2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Review: Quality and Reliability BUST

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Review

2005 Suzuki Verona

LX Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Quality and Reliability BUST
By JoT on

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in like with this car when I saw it on the lot, and in love when I saw the price tag. Unfortunately, all appearances were deceiving. This car has been a lemon since week one. I started taking the car to the Suzuki dealership myself after the the dealer I purchased it from demonstrated that they couldn't get a power outlet fuze replaced under the Suzuki warranty in less than two weeks. I have spent cummulative weeks at the nearest Suzuki dealership, having oxy-sensors replaced, the ECU reprogrammed multiple times, the ignition lock, the wheel lock, and many, many smaller random sensors replaced. Then the bumper-to- bumper warranty ran out and I'm stuck in a lemon.

The Verona has a comfortable interior, nice exterior styling, a smooth ride on the shocks, smooth 6-cyl acceleration with decent power when the engine is working at optimum, and a full power load-out is extremely affordable.

The build quality is horrible, resulting in massive repair costs. They should be more careful in matching up their ECU, engine, and transmission, before they turn them into a car that does its frequent best stutter or stall out.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lml215
on 01/05/11 12:20 PM (PST)

I am having issues with my 05 Verona LX 4-Door. I cannot get the key to turn in the ignition 50% of the time! After trying for what sometimes takes 15 minutes, it finally will turn over and start. Is this what happened to you when you had to have the ignition lock reprogrammed?