2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Review: My Verona

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/Traction Control)

My Verona
By dvelata on

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan w/Traction Control (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought the Verona after owning a Nissan Altima (which I loved) for 6 years. The number of features you can get for the low price is astounding. Mine's fully loaded, and an absolute dream to drive. There's lots of leg room and the auto driver's seat is great. It also gets pretty decent gas mileage for a V-6 - I get 30 even driving around in the mountains. Bottom line: If you want a great car with lots of features but without totally emptying your wallet, the Verona is great. The 100,000 mile warranty is awesome too, even though I hardly ever use it!

I love the "Hold" feature - aka traction control. Here in Colorado I use that a lot and can get anywhere, even in the worst snow storms. I agree with Edmunds' review that acceleration is a bit sluggish - IF I don't use mid- grade gas. If I use at least midgrade it's got a lot of oomph.

I've been having trouble with the Oxygen sensor - mine keeps tripping. After the 3rd Check Engine Light, it's finally going to be replaced. Other than that, it's a dream to drive and so much fun!