Loved Car @ 1st, Now Suffering Many Issues!!!
By lml215 on
2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)
We loved this car @ 1st. We've had it 3 yrs. It's an 05 we bought in 07. Shortly after purchasing the back bumper was hit in a parking lot. Instead of only bending the bumper, a 2 1/2 ft. long piece of paint peeled off and fell. The check engine light comes on frequently & took it to the shop the first couple of times, to find out that "nothing was wrong". It still comes on and goes off all the time. A month ago it started jerking while driving, at random times. Sometimes within 5 mins, sometimes we drive all day before it happens, sometimes it won't at all. Now the key won't turn in the ignition 75% of time. After trying several times it finally will. Is this happening to anyone else???
Favorite Features
We love the body style, and the interior design. It's comfortable and drove very smoothly in the beginning.
Suggested Improvements
Separate heat and air for the driver and passenger would be great. Larger cup holders are needed; the holder in front, closest to the shifter, is the right size, however not one cup will fit in the holder behind it. The second holder, that's closest the the back is so small that every cup I've tried putting in it won't fit except for children's cups! And even those won't fit when there's a cup in the first holder because they are too close together!
By shawntea30
on 06/02/11 13:53 PM (PDT)

I am experiencing the exact samething with my 2005 suzuki verona. I just got it 3weeks ago and took it back to dealer and they had it checked and they told me it was a censor dealing with the speed in first gear,anyways they fixed the problem atleast i thought and the next day the car did it again.I took it back and they drove it and the car made me look like a fool. It stop doing it, as days went on I had no problem and I told the dealer its fine.As soon as i left It did it again, but this time it cut off and my e light came on.Now i dont know what to do.My warrenty bout to be up and its sad cause its a nice good looking car and i love it.That is some defect and i almost had a acciedent cause it didnt want to go at a turning light so if you get any answers as to whats wrong please let me know.My car is jerking more now to where it is cutting off. plese call me @3864537311

By lesliep367
on 07/10/11 20:22 PM (PDT)

I have the same issue with mine. The key not turning ended up being a broken piece in the ignition on mine so that had to be replaced, and as for my car having a delayed start when I push on the gas pedal and unexpected acceleration while driving, and this happens whenever it pleases on and off. After taking to the mechanic NUMEROUS times, he finally figured out that it is my computer. I am waiting now to have it replaced and to see if this is the problem. I would suggest to have that checked if you still have this issue. Good luck!