Used 2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

Verona experience
By verona buyer

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is better than all the reviews I have read about. The handling does not seem sloppy and my car has side impact bags in the front seats. I love the interior, especially the casette player and the audio controls on the steering wheel. The headroom is good and the seats are comfortable. I like this car. Those are the pluses, now for the minuses. The windshield wipers don't seem to have a fast speed and the headlights are weak.

Favorite Features

The audio system, gas shocks and room. I drive about 120 miles a day and I get a nice ride out of it. I also like the fact that it is easy to clean.

Suggested Improvements

Make the alloys rims standard along with the bigger tires. Get a smoother running transmission and make the horse power at least 200.

My Verona
By Merridy Reth

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan w/Traction Control (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great styling, roomy interior, power tilt-and slide sunroof, heated seats, heated power mirrors [a must when you winter in Iowa!], love the day/night mirror which removes headlight glare, super sound system-CD/cassette player with 6 speakers, arm rest with cup holders [for the backseat] a very nice touch, European styling without the price of a Europeam sports car, keyless remote entry with trunk release, 8-way power driver's seat, power windows and doors, leather interior, plus leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, dash has a sports car style. Drives great and the price range is excellent!

Favorite Features

All of them -I feel like I am driving a car comparable in looks to a very expensive European sports car for a whole lot less money! Plus the $0- deductible, powertrain limited warranty for 100,000 miles or 7 years!

Suggested Improvements

I haven't found any at this time since I have only had my car for a couple of months.

My Verona
By dvelata

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan w/Traction Control (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought the Verona after owning a Nissan Altima (which I loved) for 6 years. The number of features you can get for the low price is astounding. Mine's fully loaded, and an absolute dream to drive. There's lots of leg room and the auto driver's seat is great. It also gets pretty decent gas mileage for a V-6 - I get 30 even driving around in the mountains. Bottom line: If you want a great car with lots of features but without totally emptying your wallet, the Verona is great. The 100,000 mile warranty is awesome too, even though I hardly ever use it!

Favorite Features

I love the "Hold" feature - aka traction control. Here in Colorado I use that a lot and can get anywhere, even in the worst snow storms. I agree with Edmunds' review that acceleration is a bit sluggish - IF I don't use mid- grade gas. If I use at least midgrade it's got a lot of oomph.

Suggested Improvements

I've been having trouble with the Oxygen sensor - mine keeps tripping. After the 3rd Check Engine Light, it's finally going to be replaced. Other than that, it's a dream to drive and so much fun!

Great car for the cost
By shantel

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We were in the market looking for a newer car, not the gas hog like our Suburban. I saw the Verona and immediately liked the appearance. We own a Forenza, which has been no problem, so we thought another Suzuki would work out fine. We were impressed with how it drove, the feel and comfort levels inside of the car, and for parents of 2 small children, it was imperative to have space in the trunk to carry strollers, etc. The Verona has lots of basic needs, that cost extra on other comparable cars. We liked that we could get a new car for under $16K, that had everything we needed. We went for the basic model, no bells and whistles, but Suzuki doesn't skimp on the basic necessities.

Favorite Features

Love the big trunk. I can fit my double jogging stroller in it with little difficulty and still have room to spare. I like the standard CD/tape/radio player. More space than other comparable cars.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder in the center console between the seats could be a little bigger to accomodate 2 regular size bottles of soda. My biggest complaint is the gas mileage, that needs to improve.

2004 Suzuki Verona EX
By MBPT

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Initial mileage readings up to 11,000 miles were only 18-19 mpg. However, after 11,500 miles, mileage improved to present 23.8 mpg city driving

Favorite Features

Seat adjustment flexibility and heated seats in winter. Also really like luxury interior and amenities -- leather, power glass sunroof, cd & cassette, and 3-belt/headrest rear bench seating

Suggested Improvements

Improve paint finishing -- scratches too easily. Improve mileage during burn-in period. Car is so great, if mileage were up around 25-28 City and 35 mpg Highway, it would be unbeatable in its class.