Used 2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

You Can't Go Wrong With This Car!
By Trevon M.

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My fiancee and I were looking for a new car and were actually were looking at a Kia Optima. But once he offered to let us test drive a 2005 Suzuki Verona, we both were drawn to it because of its design and features. It shares its lines with Toyota Camry, but is indeed a Suzuki! I was impressed with the woodgrain accents, as well as the placement of the easy to use controls in the car's interior, but was even MORE impressed with the car's handling during the test drive. It has plenty of power and a very smooth and quiet ride. The keyless entry and trunk release built into the key itself are also a plus. This is a must have ride! This comes from a die hard GM owner, who's just been turned to imports!

I love the woodgrain interior, CD / cassette player, good fuel economy, sleek design, and fog lights. I can go on and on.....

It would be nice if they put speakers on the back panel to complement the ones in the doors.

Not what I Expect
By Rik

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

With just 3,400 miles on it, the "air bag" light indicator in my 2005 Suzuki Verona came on while I was driving. I took it to the dealer where I bought it and I was told they're too busy. I stressed to the technician / mechanic if he understand the consequences that may arise if something happens. The techs response is: "oh nothing will happen". I told this guy: "are you going to compensate my kids if something happens?" I asked for his manager and the owner of the dealership, and guess what: of course the response is: "they're not in." Now, I'm still driving the car with the airbag indicator lights on the dashboard and just waiting for what will happen. Hopefully Suzuki and the dealer will pay for it if something happens.

2005 Suzuki Verona EX
By DaveD

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan w/Traction Control (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Suzuki Verona EX is my second Suzuki. I have experienced the same problems in both my previous Forenza now this 2004 Verona. They seem to want to hide the fact that the tachometer surges. I've stalled at the least safe times in BOTH makes, getting onto freeways or trying to pass. You will love the warranty until you try to USE it and then try to get a "loaner" when they keep it over night. You will be stuck. this is my last Suzuki purchase ever, it's a cheap car, and mom always said, "you get what you pay for", listen to your mother.

They need to install a box just to keep some road flares handy in. The paint job is so thin if you drive to fast you will see it flake off. If you can get over 60 mph without it sputtering on stalling, good for you.

2005 Suzuki Verona LX - Great Car
By jason

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Other than the low fuel economy and only a 155 horsepower engine, this is a great car. It's a really fun car to drive, they just need to put more horses in it and improve its fuel economy a little.

The powerfull radio system and smooth suspension.

Its V6 engine lacks power. It should have atleast 250 horses in it.

Lots of car, little money
By jack26

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona really surprised me. I didn't expect the vehicle to be this good. It's quiet, smooth, and kind of fun to drive. The sound from the inline-6 brings a grin to my face everytime I give it a whip. Quality of the materials are great and the woodgrain trim almost looks real. Interior comfort, front and rear, is excellent, and the front seats hold you in nicely when going around swift bends. The ride is really relaxing and you can hardly hear the road or any wind noise even when traveling above 60 mph. The Verona is a great total package and is perfect for bargain hunters like myself.

The steering wheel mounted controls, smooth power delivery, convincing wood trim, and entertaining soundtrack from engine when pushed hard.

200+ horsepower from inline-6 would be nice, then again, most people who have 200+ horsepower, don't use them