2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
This Car Stinks
By deedals on 10/28/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Verona on 1/31/05. I had to go back to the dealer because the engine light kept coming on. The engine was eventually replaced. When I put the car in gear and pressed the accelerator it hesitated before it actually moved with jerking motions. It went back to the dealer again and I have been going back time and time again with no solution. I'm told the car is operating as it is should. If this car is operating as it should it is a piece of junk. I would never buy a Suzuki again or recommend anyone to do so. By the way I called the manufacturer in California and the response was as great as the car's performance.

Verona, Not Bad.
By Alienpath on 08/14/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona's ride is probably one of its best features. In my opinion, it blows the Accord away in comfort. Its design is maybe a bit old school, but very nice and classy. Its engine is smooth running and rather quiet, until you step on it. There's a lot of bang for the buck with the Verona Luxury model. It's only unknown is its reliability, which remains to be seen.

Not what you'd think!
By Mike Smith on 07/10/06 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Verona was a fun car to drive and it ran very well. Until I had a "Thud" in the transmission and it went down hill from there. After a "Reprogramming", it now hesitates very frequently, it has a lot less horsepower, and gas milage is rotten and those were this car's good points! Suzuki has given me the run-around between Cal (Where you have to call for problems) and a service rep that takes days to call you back. If you want a car for a reasonable price, my experience is this car is "Not what you'd think!"

My Verona I love you but.
By Andy Cloutier on 05/03/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We liked what we saw, the style was very attractive, The 20" wheels look real racy and it has disc brakes all around, wow. I like the ABS and air pressure check from the dash. The 6 cylinder engine is very smooth. The pneumatic hood lifters are a plus, no need to raise the hood bar. The automatic shifter very smooth. The interior wood applique and chrome trim very are attractive. The leather intrerior, heated seats and heated outdoor mirrors are a luxury you wouldn't expect from a car this price. BUT, its gas mileage is not impressive. I am only getting 15 MPG on average. My car wobbles too much on windy days and the transmission is a little clunky when shifting, It is not a perfect world, we love it and we would give it a B+ all in all, the Verona is a nice city car.

A Lot of Car for Less Money
By KenGTS on 12/13/05 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I walked into the dealership not knowing a darn thing about these cars and then left with one. Mine is a demo the dealership owner was driving. I couldn't believe how smooth it is. The inline six engine is very smooth, but needs some more oomf. I can't wait for the summer road trip!

You Can't Go Wrong With This Car!
By Trevon M. on 12/11/05 19:51 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My fiancee and I were looking for a new car and were actually were looking at a Kia Optima. But once he offered to let us test drive a 2005 Suzuki Verona, we both were drawn to it because of its design and features. It shares its lines with Toyota Camry, but is indeed a Suzuki! I was impressed with the woodgrain accents, as well as the placement of the easy to use controls in the car's interior, but was even MORE impressed with the car's handling during the test drive. It has plenty of power and a very smooth and quiet ride. The keyless entry and trunk release built into the key itself are also a plus. This is a must have ride! This comes from a die hard GM owner, who's just been turned to imports!

Not what I Expect
By Rik on 10/28/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

With just 3,400 miles on it, the "air bag" light indicator in my 2005 Suzuki Verona came on while I was driving. I took it to the dealer where I bought it and I was told they're too busy. I stressed to the technician / mechanic if he understand the consequences that may arise if something happens. The techs response is: "oh nothing will happen". I told this guy: "are you going to compensate my kids if something happens?" I asked for his manager and the owner of the dealership, and guess what: of course the response is: "they're not in." Now, I'm still driving the car with the airbag indicator lights on the dashboard and just waiting for what will happen. Hopefully Suzuki and the dealer will pay for it if something happens.

2005 Suzuki Verona EX
By DaveD on 09/05/05 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan w/Traction Control (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2005 Suzuki Verona EX is my second Suzuki. I have experienced the same problems in both my previous Forenza now this 2004 Verona. They seem to want to hide the fact that the tachometer surges. I've stalled at the least safe times in BOTH makes, getting onto freeways or trying to pass. You will love the warranty until you try to USE it and then try to get a "loaner" when they keep it over night. You will be stuck. this is my last Suzuki purchase ever, it's a cheap car, and mom always said, "you get what you pay for", listen to your mother.

2005 Suzuki Verona LX - Great Car
By jason on 09/01/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Other than the low fuel economy and only a 155 horsepower engine, this is a great car. It's a really fun car to drive, they just need to put more horses in it and improve its fuel economy a little.

Lots of car, little money
By jack26 on 08/14/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona really surprised me. I didn't expect the vehicle to be this good. It's quiet, smooth, and kind of fun to drive. The sound from the inline-6 brings a grin to my face everytime I give it a whip. Quality of the materials are great and the woodgrain trim almost looks real. Interior comfort, front and rear, is excellent, and the front seats hold you in nicely when going around swift bends. The ride is really relaxing and you can hardly hear the road or any wind noise even when traveling above 60 mph. The Verona is a great total package and is perfect for bargain hunters like myself.