Used 2005 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

poor building/customerservice
By naomi hunter

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since2005 ,ivehad motor rebuilt,electricty problems and 5times check engine light on. took to dealer .took to dealer one week to look for diagnosis.left withno transportation and the warranty allways not covered these problems.will be notifying bbb

Favorite Features

no favorite really sorry I bought this car

Suggested Improvements

be truthful to customers, better customer service. put someone on the phone that knows what thet are talking about. return calls

No More Suzy Qs 4-Me
By Big Mel

2005 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Personally, I like the automobile as a whole. It's fun to drive and has a lot of drive appeal. The only set back I truly have is trying to find parts (since I am somewhat a "do-it-yourselfer"); and even at best it seems to be difficult for auto shops to find the necessary parts (like air filters). Other than that it's a great car, fun to drive and all in all I haven't had any serious problems out of this car. I'll say on a scale from one to ten I'll give it an eight.

Favorite Features

Has all the "bells & whistles" of the more expensive luxury cars. Love just starting it up in the mornings.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the rear would be nice.

Quality and Reliability BUST
By JoT

2005 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in like with this car when I saw it on the lot, and in love when I saw the price tag. Unfortunately, all appearances were deceiving. This car has been a lemon since week one. I started taking the car to the Suzuki dealership myself after the the dealer I purchased it from demonstrated that they couldn't get a power outlet fuze replaced under the Suzuki warranty in less than two weeks. I have spent cummulative weeks at the nearest Suzuki dealership, having oxy-sensors replaced, the ECU reprogrammed multiple times, the ignition lock, the wheel lock, and many, many smaller random sensors replaced. Then the bumper-to- bumper warranty ran out and I'm stuck in a lemon.

Favorite Features

The Verona has a comfortable interior, nice exterior styling, a smooth ride on the shocks, smooth 6-cyl acceleration with decent power when the engine is working at optimum, and a full power load-out is extremely affordable.

Suggested Improvements

The build quality is horrible, resulting in massive repair costs. They should be more careful in matching up their ECU, engine, and transmission, before they turn them into a car that does its frequent best stutter or stall out.

2005 Verona S
By gtsfirefighter

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our '05 as a demo with 6,500 miles on it. It's the smoothest running car I've ever had. Other than a few minor issues I have no complaints. The city gas mileage could be better, but we do pretty well on the highway, at 30-32 mpg. The city mileage is 23 or so mpg. We have one complaint and that is the sound system. Suzuki could have done a lot better with the radio and speakers.

Favorite Features

The smooth running engine and very nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system needs improvement

Verona Vomit
By Stupid Steph

2005 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for approximately fifteen months in which time I have experienced a rear brake fluid leak that caused them to go all the way to the floor. Now that I am want to get a different car, no one will give me much for it because they say that the word is "the transmissions are no good." I myself have experienced it stalling and shifting in and out while driving down the highway.

Favorite Features

I like how this car is roomy, comfortable, and fairly quiet (not a lot of wind noise).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage.