2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
Sold on Suzuki
By gale on 03/13/06 21:54 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Suzuki vehicle since 1985 and have been more than satisfied with each and every one. The first was a world car bought over seas, the second was a 1994 Swift which has close to 200,000 miles on it and my son still drives it, and now I have the Verona. The Verona is very comfortable in front and back. It has plenty of leg room for everyone, This car is so comfortable that my elderly mother would rather ride with me than any of my other siblings.

A Very Nice Ride
By DRS on 01/23/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned over two dozen cars. The Suzuki Verona is a better all around car than most of my previous vehicles. First of all, I have only driven my Verona a few thousand miles, so I cannot comment on long term reliability. That being said, I have had not had to take it to a dealer yet. The 155HP V6 engine does not produce a fast car per say, however it is very smooth and quiet due to its inline design. I still can honestly say it is quicker than the Ford Taurus base V6, and much quieter to boot. This is a family sedan, not a sports car. I love both the unique interior and exterior design. Besides, I paid thousands under sticker price, and the inclusion of a 100,000 mile Suzuki warranty sealed the deal.

not bad but could be better
By No on 11/08/05 19:10 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Suzuki Verona LX has a smooth ride, but does not deliver enough power. I can't wait for the 2007 model.

Not bad at all
By lakerfootball on 10/06/05 14:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was not sure I would like this car at first. I am in sales and need a car with some room. I had a Chevy Camero Conv. before this car. So the power was not there I was used to. But, this car offers great comfort, ok gas milage and a nice look in and out. I wish the tail light we designed differently but oh well. I have had no problems with the car but low miles and not all that old. I just wish the dealer was closer. I would recommend this car to someone.

Very Disappointed
By LaVette on 07/05/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my car for a year and I have experienced problems from the time I bought it. The car stalls when you are driving which put me in some dangerous situations. I have taken the car to the dealership 5 times and they can not fix the problem.

Buyers - Beware - Research this Car
By Kerin on 04/28/05 12:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car just a little over a year ago after previously owning a Grand Vitara and an XL-7. This is a beautiful car and you definitely get a lot for your money, but there are so many problems with it (it was a brand-new model in 2004) Visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website to read all the complaints on this vehicle - definitely educate yourself before you buy! I have to say that the dealership I've dealt with has been very nice but they keep saying they know there's a problem, but there's no resolution for it - Suzuki needs to do something! We're in the process of starting the lemon law procedures...

2004 Suzuki Verona EX
By hrb on 04/27/05 13:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had numerous mechanical problems my 2004 Suzuki Verona, including steering wheel radio controls that took five trips to the dealership get fixed. The car is good overall, but parts are very hard to get, and the customer service at Suzuki Corp. is less than helpful. Be cautious if you are thinking of buying this car, as aftermarket service is difficult to come by.

The BEST value in a mid-size car
By Brainfertilizer on 04/15/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

4000 miles so far, no problems. Smooth, responsive, comfortable, and the clear equal to Accord and Camry for the price of a Civic (if not cheaper). Here's the thing. Most reviewers assume that you want a 4-cyl for fuel economy and a 6-cyl for power, so they knock the Verona for not being either one. But Suzuki chose a 6-cyl that was as small as the average 4-cyl on purpose: smoothness and even power. It cruises over Rocky Mountain passes at 75 mph without straining at all. I'll probably spend only $1000 more in gas over the 5 years I'll own it, but I saved $4-5k on the sticker price similarly-equipped Accord or Camry. It looks better, too. Test drive one before deciding.

Fully loaded beauty
By selene gordon on 04/09/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are absolutely beautiful. Completely loaded, better than a Camry pricewise, very luxurious inside, lights up like a Jetliner at night. This car is so awesome. I am so glad I found one. I feel very classy in it.

Verona EX
By dannie on 03/07/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a year now and it has almost everything I could want: power & heated leather seats with lumbar support, heated mirrors, wood trim, etc. Sometimes it is slow on the get-up-and go & it shifts kinda rough. The sun roof is a nice feature but it's noisy on the highway when the shield is open but the sun roof is closed. There is a big blind spot between the side windows & the front windshield. The gas mileage could use a little help & it has only one useable cupholder. Other drivers sometimes think I have my brights on when I don't. Tuxedo Black paint with matching spoiler makes the car look really nice. Great value for the look & feel of a luxury vehicle.