Used 2004 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

"Suzuki" HA "SuDookie"
By Mr. Pissed

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I cant believe there is anyone out there that is happy with their Verona. It must be that some are great and then most are junk. My Verona has been in the shop six times and it is still junk. I have read that the engine was not designed to run on fuel that has an ethanol content. My Verona has been in the shop six times and the engine is still not right. Suzuki does not stand by this great Warranty they claim to have. I have also read that a lot of Verona owners have had Suzuki buy back their Verona, why would Suzuki do that unless they know the car is junk. I am trying to make the same thing happen. Its a battle. Good-luck.

Its hard to find any favorite when you cant drive this vehicle without worrying if it is going to leave you on the side of the road.

The best suggestion I could give Suzuki on this Vehicle is to stop selling it until they decide to put a Suzuki designed engine that is meant to be operated in the United States. And do the right thing and buy back anyones Verona that has had the engine problems that mine has had.

Annoying Buy
By Justin

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has proven to be a poor choice. Although it has nice styling both on the outside and inside, the constant miniscule problems I have had for the past 4 years have all but driven me crazy. There have been few major problems, except just last week I got it out of the dealership shop for a tapping noise. Thank God for the 100,000 mile warranty, because Suzuki just replaced the entire head, no questions, and it didn't cost me a cent. It continues to be reliable, but I will not purchase another Suzuki.

Nice interior appointments, and exterior styling. Nothing remarkable, but nice. The warranty is unbeatable.

This car will not compete with other foreign mid-size sedans without some significant quality improvements.

2004 Suzuki Verona EX
By Stan Smith

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm pretty pleased with the Suzuki Verona. I've read the other reviews and I haven't had the same number of problems as some of the reviewers. I have only had two problems. The first is that in the city and on the highway I only seem to get 19mpg. The second problem that I've had is the car occasionally stalling out at red lights. That's the reason that I decided to post a review. I took the car into the dealership and they told me that they couldn't reproduce the problem but it happend again on the way home. The good news is that I put STP Gas Treatment in the car the next time I filled up and the problem hasn't recurred in 3 months. I suspect it was bad gas or a dirty injector.

The car looks good and it has a lot of accelleration.

Needs better cup holder and better gas mileage.

Suzuki Verona
By JB

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the leather, heated seats and the way it handles on hair pin curves. Needs more cup holders. There have been some serious problems with it, so far most have been resolved with warranty (100K warranty thankfully!). For resale though, I sure wish I would have bought the Camry.

Leather, heated seats, traction control, handling, looks nice when all cleaned up, zips down the road easily. Not a real tire burner in 40-50 mph range, kind of delays on me and then goes ok.

Evap filter needs redesigned - I've had to have it fixed twice. Waiting for parts sometimes is 3-4 weeks - a pain for major parts. More cupholders would be nice.

Don't buy it
By junit483

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle after I had my first child. Two weeks after purchase it had to go into the dealership for repair. The rearend came loose. That repair took three days to complete. The next problem was some wierd eletrical disturbnce. The radio would come on and select a volume on its own. Not exactly an easy way to keep an infant asleep. That repair took almost a full week to diagnose and fix. After that the transmission went, Engine blow (note: no oil was missing and after they checked the computer it wasn't abused) no explaination was given to why it went. Between the tranny and engine going the car was in for repairs for over a month and a half. The dealership did get me a rental.

The headlights worked very well. Through rain snow or whatever vision is very good.

Take GM's 3.6L that is currently in a vast array of vehicles including Suzuki's own XL7 and drop that in the Verona. The transmission has troubles selecting the correct gear at times. A better sound system wouldn't hurt. Something that is similsr to that of the Neons system. Repair times faster.