2004 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
Probably could have done better
By Carol on 10/31/06 10:38 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the relatively quick action when I punch it, but I've had it in the shop several times since the purchase. Usually they're just small things. Currently, it's the oxygen sensor. I've had it in three times for that and it's still not fixed. The interior is very classy and I feel "rich" but the other issues are annoying.

I'll Never Buy A Suzuki Again!
By VeryUnhappy on 09/12/06 13:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The drive of the Verona is OK and the fuel economy is fair. However, tthe back seat is uncomfortable and the paint job duled way too fast, even with routine detailing. I have had this car in the shop at a minimum once a week every month for the last four months for : a blown engine (2.5 weeks), two water pumps (at least onw week, still in the shop for second) and AC problems (one week for diagnosis), which the dealer can never find the solution to. Can anyone suggest a nice cliff to watch this one go over? Just kidding. I'll never buy another Suzuki again!

The Car I Wish It Was
By Jim_From_IL on 08/25/06 19:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I intially bought this car for its sleek styling and overall value. It comes with lots of options all thrown in for what you would have to pay thousands extra if you went with a Toyota Camry (which was my other choice). Too bad the performance of this is plagued with computer glitches and transmission issues. This being the first model year has had its problems. I just got mine out of the shop for the third time. This time the ECM (Electronic Control Module) had to be reprogrammed. As of Aug, '06, it seems better now, but I'm almost afraid to drive it. It has stalled twice while approaching stop lights. If I get any more major problems, I will seriously be thinking about dumping (uh - trading) it.

32,000 Miles and No Problems
By Lloyd on 08/05/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased one of the first Veronas to appear in Portland and have never regretted the decision. This car is quieter and smoother than any car I have owned. I have had no problems and the car is solid and rattle free. With all the features, the $19,000 price was a real bargain.

Cheap Luxury
By Slippers on 05/19/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used for my daughter and we both love it. It does not have the best acceleration but it will get you there in comfort. If you love bells and whistles and don't want to spend a lot of money, this car is it. I do find the trunk space a little small. This may not be the car for the constant traveler but for local and short trips, I could find nothing in this price range with all the options I wanted. I drove the car a week before I surprised her with it and I hated to turn it over. I am now in the market for a 2006. This car feels like a high dollar luxury vehicle minus the power. The size is perfect, not too big and not too small. Its brakes feel spongy, but stops on a dime.

2004 Suzuki Verona
By eddie c. pollard on 05/06/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has been in the shop quite a bit as a result of a stalling / hesitation problem with the engine. Also, the cruise control has quit working and has been replaced once and will need to be replaced again. The cruise control is a mechanical unit that sometimes surges significantly once set and poses a safety problem.

Great car for the money
By bgdady834 on 05/03/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Verona is a great car for the money and its is packed with a lot of features. The only problems are the wipers slip and become loose and get caught together and there is a lot of wind noise with the moonroof open. Other than that the car runs and rides great.

Lemon
By madeline on 04/28/06 15:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle due to its smooth design and affordability. Now I understand why it was so cheap. I am on my third engine now due to "out of the blue" stalling. The dealership was so patrinizing and rude. The entire experience left a poor taste in my mouth for Suzuki and the dealership that sold the car to me. I know of at least two other Suzuki owners who had very similar experiences with their cars - stalling and rude dealership staff. The only helpful person was my lemon law lawyer.

My Verona
By pAUL bRAUTIGAM on 04/22/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have enjoyed this vehicle very much. The interior and exterior styling is classy. The driving experience in town and on the highway has been extremely pleasant. The Verona's gas milage is as good as advertizied. It is the nicest vehicle we have owned in our 64 years.

Big bang for my buck
By Columbus OH owner on 03/25/06 06:18 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Verona has been my favorite car purchase in over 30 years. I really enjoy this car. It is thrifty and money wise, this car out shines any other midsize sedan for its features, comfort and style. I have the all leather interior and always get a "wow, nice car", when folks get in. I have had no problems mechanically and am very satisfied with this heavily optioned but lower priced car. I had one small front end collision, which was a bit of an issue. A replacement hood was not readily avaliable, it had to come from Korea. The shop time was a whopping four weeks. After the first year of ownership, my gas mileage fell and I found that a sensor had gone bad. Once it was repaired the mileage returned to normal, aproximately 20-24 mpg.