Used 2004 Suzuki Verona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

2004 Suzuki Verona

View reviews for a specific Verona model:

No Power features
By Micheal

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchase from private owner car run great had very little problem with it 02 senor and check engine light come on from time to time, but dealer has reset engine light, for me, Just have problem with power feature not working all fuse check good and relays are fine just lose all turn signals indicator, emergency flasher, power window, and power locks traning to check on if this a warranty, or recalled items having not luck car still runs greats

Favorite Features

Love the power seat and and mirrors

Suggested Improvements

added volume control to sterring consoles

2004 Verona EX
By Ladyb

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, I did have an issue with it stalling on me, however, my dealer, especially the service dept go above and beyond to correct the problem. They make sure each time it is there whether for inspection of general maintenance, that they check the whole vehicle.

Favorite Features

interior, the look of the car, overall performance (great power)

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

Transmission problems
By erica

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part the car has been OK. I recently had to replace the transmission in the car. I didnt know until I read the reviews that so many people had their transmission replaced. The tranmission was covered under warranty but the warranty does not cover rentals. My check engine light has been on the entire time that I had the car. The dealerships know that this car is a lemon and they will try not to fix anything on the car. They will keep telling you that there is nothing wrong on your car until it reaches 36,000 miles and then they will tell you everything wrong on it. So be careful and get someone else to look at it. I have lost the security code for the radio.

Favorite Features

Color, interior

Suggested Improvements

Engine, transmission warranty

Guess it's still a Daewoo
By Juan

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Verona back in 2004 brand new and I was ecstatic. It looked great, rode well, and was incredibly smooth. I was always complimented on how good-looking the car was and how nice the interior appeared. And even now I still like the Verona, it's just the reliability that is complete crap. I've had issues with the 02 sensors, bearings, and now the engine has problems with the fuel injectors. At about 11,000 miles the whole transmission had to be replaced and it's now beginning to act up again. The car isn't worth the headache. And it's a shame because Suzuki could've had a hit.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, quiet engine, clean lines

Suggested Improvements

More power, better reliability, fix crappy cup holders

A Few Minor Issues
By Landon

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I acquired this as a used car with only 11,500 miles, and loved the aesthetic value. It looks wonderful, inside and out! But this past January, I had to have to the transmission completely replaced. I've also had my doubts about the axles and CV joints, though the dealer hasn't found anything wrong. The "check engine" light has come on a couple times over false alarms and I've noticed that the transmission can be quite sticky when switching out of/into reverse gear. I also have some concerns about whether the Verona could've been designed with better fuel efficiency. Lastly, I've abandoned using the wheel-mounted stereo controls; they don't respond accurately at all.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats and the interior is quite impressive. I've had a lot of compliments on the luxurious feel. The sunroof is pleasant and I must commend Suzuki for giving the Verona more than adequate trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel efficiency, definitely. The engine could use a bit more power also. A smoother transmission system is an absolute must! Move the stereo controls off the wheel, or make them thoroughly reliable. And like everyone else, a passenger seat with power controls would be vastly appreciated.