2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
The style is nice, but thats it.
By esalazar on 05/18/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car I only had for 1yr 9 mos. Been in the shop 5 times. I filed a claim under the lemon law. I turned in this car on May 16th, 2007 with 37,332 miles on it. I got it with only 23,900. It's a really nice car, and I got lots of compliments on it. Considering the motor, the suspension and the lack of speed. it was not nice enough to keep and deal with. It would be nice though, if Suzuki can fix the problems on the Veronas, they are very nice. The first car I have ever really liked turned out to be a lemon.

Disappointed
By Caryl on 04/28/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Verona seemed like a great buy, almost luxurious with the leather, heated seats but in 2 short years I am now waiting for a buyback on it. In January (this is April)the engine and transmission were replaced; it is now sitting because of the same major problems and no doubt needs a new engine again. The transmission is erratic and also clunks into gear. The engine leaks oil into places they can not fix - such as the pistons. I didn't have the heart to even trade it in for another car, I didn't want someone else to be stuck with it. My suggestion - don't buy one!!

Its okay...
By Ally on 04/14/07 17:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car so I was happy to druve any thing but it would not be my first choice. The good thing anout this car is that I havn't had too many mechanical problems with it. The bad thing about it is that it is a 'blah' car. Nothing special about it. I have only seen about 5 others in my city!

Beware! Lots of mechanical defects
By jay on 03/22/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

A year of ownership this car has major problems. It's been in the shop every month since then with repair bills ranging from $250-600 a shot. This car has had 2 engines, a transmission, suspension, wheel bearings, countless computer reprogrammings ($60 each), axle comes loose about every 6 months (makes a grinding/thumping noise upon acceleration); that's just in the time i've owned it. It's past it's 36k warranty so the only thing that has been covered is the engine and tranny. I baby this thing as i have done with all my cars. Now not out of love but out of fear of it breaking! My thoughts: Don't ever buy this car! If you have one I suggest dumping it fast! Take the equity hit it's cheaper

Suzuki Could Have Done Better
By dreird on 02/10/07 05:50 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have made many, many trips to the dealer for numerous mechanical problems with my Verona. I tried different dealers, but they all were just parts changers. They changed the front end bushings, bearings twice, computer, and O2 sensors three times. I have had too many problems to write about here.

Great Value, Reliable.
By JJ on 01/25/07 03:45 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Verona is a great car for the money. I have not had a single mechanical problem since we bought it. It has slightly sluggish acceleration for passing and freeway merging, otherwise, I have no complaints. Yup, I'd buy another one.

Major Pain, Nice Car
By tisalazar on 12/05/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have gotten lots of compliments on my Verona. The style and the color are great. I am at 32,000 miles and have had problems with it. The check engine light has come on and it is stalling. I have had to drive it with gas and the brakes at the same time in order for it not to turn off. I have taken to dealer to have fix three times and just yesterday the light came on again. According to the dealer the first time was a blown fuse, the second time was a computer, and the third time the motor went out, and I wonder what they will tell me this time. I am at 35,300 miles on it. I got this car on 10/05 with 25,372 miles on it. Also, it makes a popping sound when steering from side to side, like the old cars do. My '99 Ford Taurus runs better and faster than this one that is newer.

Almost an Accord
By Pittsburgh on 12/01/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in '05 as a leftover. I was in the market for a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. I put about 40,000 miles a year on my vehicles. I felt this car was more stylish and had more features for the buck than the other two. I have had some problems with this car. At 38,000 miles the top of the engine block needed to be rebuilt. There have also been some other small problems as well. The dealership has been excellent in working with me to limit my inconvenience. All that being said, this car is not a Honda or Toyota yet. However for the money I have been very happy with this car and would still consider buying another one.

My NEW Car
By val on 11/21/06 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been great, other than a few minor problems (break light and heater malfunctions). The dealership quickly fixed both problems with no expense to me. Although, I have had an ongoing problem with the steering wheel stereo controls. The dealership was unable to find the cause of the problem. In December of last year we drove all the way to northern Florida with no trouble at all. In fact, the ride was quite nice and enjoyable.

Nothing Else is Better Than This
By Daewoo1 on 11/09/06 10:48 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I do not know what everyone is complaining about. My vehicle never stalled, never had a problem. Do the research - this was once a Daewoo and I had one of those as well, a Leganza that had no problems either. It was designed in Italy and has a German Volkswagen engine. It's on virtually the same platform as the Mercedes E-Class and Lexus GS Series for less than $20,000.