2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
2004 Verona EX
By Ladyb on 03/16/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, I did have an issue with it stalling on me, however, my dealer, especially the service dept go above and beyond to correct the problem. They make sure each time it is there whether for inspection of general maintenance, that they check the whole vehicle.

Transmission problems
By erica on 12/27/08 15:32 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part the car has been OK. I recently had to replace the transmission in the car. I didnt know until I read the reviews that so many people had their transmission replaced. The tranmission was covered under warranty but the warranty does not cover rentals. My check engine light has been on the entire time that I had the car. The dealerships know that this car is a lemon and they will try not to fix anything on the car. They will keep telling you that there is nothing wrong on your car until it reaches 36,000 miles and then they will tell you everything wrong on it. So be careful and get someone else to look at it. I have lost the security code for the radio.

Guess it's still a Daewoo
By Juan on 05/11/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Verona back in 2004 brand new and I was ecstatic. It looked great, rode well, and was incredibly smooth. I was always complimented on how good-looking the car was and how nice the interior appeared. And even now I still like the Verona, it's just the reliability that is complete crap. I've had issues with the 02 sensors, bearings, and now the engine has problems with the fuel injectors. At about 11,000 miles the whole transmission had to be replaced and it's now beginning to act up again. The car isn't worth the headache. And it's a shame because Suzuki could've had a hit.

A Few Minor Issues
By Landon on 04/20/08 17:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I acquired this as a used car with only 11,500 miles, and loved the aesthetic value. It looks wonderful, inside and out! But this past January, I had to have to the transmission completely replaced. I've also had my doubts about the axles and CV joints, though the dealer hasn't found anything wrong. The "check engine" light has come on a couple times over false alarms and I've noticed that the transmission can be quite sticky when switching out of/into reverse gear. I also have some concerns about whether the Verona could've been designed with better fuel efficiency. Lastly, I've abandoned using the wheel-mounted stereo controls; they don't respond accurately at all.

"Suzuki" HA "SuDookie"
By Mr. Pissed on 04/02/08 06:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I cant believe there is anyone out there that is happy with their Verona. It must be that some are great and then most are junk. My Verona has been in the shop six times and it is still junk. I have read that the engine was not designed to run on fuel that has an ethanol content. My Verona has been in the shop six times and the engine is still not right. Suzuki does not stand by this great Warranty they claim to have. I have also read that a lot of Verona owners have had Suzuki buy back their Verona, why would Suzuki do that unless they know the car is junk. I am trying to make the same thing happen. Its a battle. Good-luck.

Annoying Buy
By Justin on 01/18/08 11:18 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has proven to be a poor choice. Although it has nice styling both on the outside and inside, the constant miniscule problems I have had for the past 4 years have all but driven me crazy. There have been few major problems, except just last week I got it out of the dealership shop for a tapping noise. Thank God for the 100,000 mile warranty, because Suzuki just replaced the entire head, no questions, and it didn't cost me a cent. It continues to be reliable, but I will not purchase another Suzuki.

2004 Suzuki Verona EX
By Stan Smith on 12/29/07 12:46 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm pretty pleased with the Suzuki Verona. I've read the other reviews and I haven't had the same number of problems as some of the reviewers. I have only had two problems. The first is that in the city and on the highway I only seem to get 19mpg. The second problem that I've had is the car occasionally stalling out at red lights. That's the reason that I decided to post a review. I took the car into the dealership and they told me that they couldn't reproduce the problem but it happend again on the way home. The good news is that I put STP Gas Treatment in the car the next time I filled up and the problem hasn't recurred in 3 months. I suspect it was bad gas or a dirty injector.

Suzuki Verona
By JB on 10/15/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the leather, heated seats and the way it handles on hair pin curves. Needs more cup holders. There have been some serious problems with it, so far most have been resolved with warranty (100K warranty thankfully!). For resale though, I sure wish I would have bought the Camry.

Don't buy it
By junit483 on 09/05/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle after I had my first child. Two weeks after purchase it had to go into the dealership for repair. The rearend came loose. That repair took three days to complete. The next problem was some wierd eletrical disturbnce. The radio would come on and select a volume on its own. Not exactly an easy way to keep an infant asleep. That repair took almost a full week to diagnose and fix. After that the transmission went, Engine blow (note: no oil was missing and after they checked the computer it wasn't abused) no explaination was given to why it went. Between the tranny and engine going the car was in for repairs for over a month and a half. The dealership did get me a rental.

Never again!
By Holly on 07/03/07 15:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had problem after problem since I bought this car. ECM probs, and constant oxygen sensors going out. It is in the shop now getting the 7th one replaced and there is only 33,000 miles on the car. I was told after the warranty expires, it will cost me $300 to replace each sensor. Forget it. 3 year warranty is up next week. It's time to go trade it in for a Toyota Camry, something reliable. I was also disappointed in the gas mileage, about 21 mpg.