2004 Suzuki Verona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verona model:
HUGE NIGHTMARE BUYER BEWARE
By alienwizard on 07/29/11 14:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona LX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car with 16,000 miles on it the first year was trouble free...then the nightmare began..at 30,000 miles the head blew it was replaced through warranty...then one at time the coils would go .. then hubs went...then shocks failed...then the coils again..ignition went twice..at 80,000 the engine blew...had it replaced through warranty..along with 2 new cats..a week later out of the garage ...po303..coil.nope plug nope..cylinder 3 gone ..i was like what the hell 5 years paying on this spent more time at suzuki's garage then on the road..note the low mileage..biggest p.o.s. ever buyer beware....

The Beast with Faults
By geneo on 07/25/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Engine will pass most anything in and out of its class [I used to own an audi turbo] at the front end it has a hesitation. The suspension is too soft and will need to be replaced too soon [100k]. The electrical/indicator system is not the best[my check engine light has been on and off for over 100k and my millage has not changed since day one, and the dealers cannot give me a ration explanation. Car has 150k miles and stops on a dime and has bailed me out of several nasty braking situations!

This car is good looking but is bad
By Ms Samuels on 06/15/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The first major repair bill cost me almost $400 for ABS Wheel on my driver's side front and it has been downhill all the way.

Great Car
By candam on 09/02/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from the dealer and it now has 62,323 miles on it now.It had a couple of problems that were fixed by the dealer. Great warranty. It rides nice on long trips and has enough power to make it a pleasure to drive. The interior if very nice especially the heated seats. I have not had any problems with the car and love it.

engine
By christine on 08/02/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Verona since 3-04- I love my car I wouldn't get another one.. But recently my ck engine light has come on and I've had 2 missfires and had to pay out of pocket- when I bought the car the sticker said 100,000 or 7 yrs does that include engine prob?- other than that I love the car its very safe great in snow !

Life after Death
By Ken on 08/01/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had very few issues with the vehicle. Most of the issues were that maintenance personnel didn't know what to do with it, expressly Jiffy-Lube. This car is so well built that it saved my life!!! It's gone now. It was a total loss when an idiot ran a red light at 70 mph!! He destroyed the front clip and the front pillar, but didn't shatter one glass!! I owe my life to it. Ken

Run Away Fire waiting to happen
By Mike on 08/01/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This started out to be an OK car. I can see why they give this a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. I had the engine replaced and on my third transmission. The other day while parked with a child in the car it was destroyed by a engine fire . We were lucky no one got hurt and when I went to Suzuki for help they told me too bad. I am telling you this car was a joke and they do not stand behind it if it catches on fire. They spent more on warranty work than what the car was worth. They should have negotiated with me after the engine and second transmission. Make sure you carry hazard insurance....

Biggest Lemon known to mankind!!!!!!
By Vnelly1 on 04/18/09 19:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in 11/08 and have had about 1 month of worry free driving. This car is a screaming nightmare!!! Hesitating, stalling and jerking. I am so thoroughly disappointed with this vehicle - my '94 Pontiac Grand Prix ran better than clink. Never again!!!!!

MY VERONA
By Tom Fonash on 04/14/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had the car since she was new and have had zero problems. We have heard other horror stories but so far she has run like a charm. We look forward to many thousands of trouble free miles.

No Power features
By Micheal on 04/11/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Verona EX 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchase from private owner car run great had very little problem with it 02 senor and check engine light come on from time to time, but dealer has reset engine light, for me, Just have problem with power feature not working all fuse check good and relays are fine just lose all turn signals indicator, emergency flasher, power window, and power locks traning to check on if this a warranty, or recalled items having not luck car still runs greats