Reliable Small All around Car or Suv
By titinio on
2013 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
A well kept secret to owners of Suzuki vehicles because of the quality, reliability, value and performance. The same story or history of the Suzuki Samurai, Sidekick and Geo Tracker. Owners of these vehicles knows these secrets. The only mistake that Suzuki did is the creation of the Grand Vitara creating a 6 cylinder. Grand Vitara's fuel consumption rating is not good. They should kept the 4 cylinder Vitara version. Numerous people are now seeking to own used Samurai, Sidekick and Tracker; its high value price hold. I had a car repair business for 9 yrs. and only one (1) Suzuki that I encountered broken is because the young teenager never had an oil change. Engine Froze.
Favorite Features
The best feature of this vehicle is the I-AWD transmission in 6 speed Manual. 3 choices: 2WD, AWD and 4 WD Hold. Average fuel consumption: 24 city and 33+ in highway. Great driving in dry pavement in 2WD, AWD on wet pavement or off road and 4WD Hold on snow, muddy road and icy weather. The other favorite features is the 2.0L engine using a steel timing chain instead of the timing belt. The chain is maintenance free. This vehicle is fast and very easy to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the 6 speed transmission have 2 more high gears to make 8 speed Manual increasing the rate of fuel consumption. A floor carpeting should be included in the car. No need to make the car bigger as an improvement. It is just the size. I strongly suggest that Suzuki Company Japan reconsider to re-open their dealerships back to the USA.