2011 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Suzuki does not stand behind their warranty
By serine459 on 02/13/13 14:23 PM (PST)

2011 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 Suzuki Sx4 new in 2012 I kept noticing a sweet chemical smell whenever the air conditioner or defrost was being used. I contacted my Suzuki dealer and they said they had dealt with this problem with other Suzuki's and thought it was related to the vapor coming back into the vent so they ran the hose to a different area and said it should be fixed. The next time I drove the car and used the air conditioner the antifreeze smell was there again. I contacted Suzuki and they said that they had done all they could and sent me to Arbitration. Suzuki told Arbitration that the car was working as designed and they said there was nothing more that they would do for me .

Fun all-weather crossover commuter
By morin2 on 10/21/11 14:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My sx-4 crossover has the 6-speed MT, the first 6 speed I have had - and I really enjoy having that extra gearing for high speed interstates. My normal commute is 55 miles each way and its mostly in 5th gear. The fuel economy is much better than claimed. I usually get 31-32 mpg commuting using E10 fuel but a little better now with the AC off. I got a high of 35.7 on an interstate trip with ethanol-free fuel. I have the base model with nothing that I don't want. The base model lacks cruise control and I am fine with that. I prefer to have features that I'll actually use. I didn't realize until I drove it home just how great the visibility is on this car - great for merging to the right!

Love it!
By ncvike on 07/09/11 10:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover Premium 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the Suzuki SX4 Crossover has to be one of the most underrated cars on the market and a terrific value. This car was a few thousand dollars less than a comparably priced Subaru Impreza or Toyota Matrix. The looks inside and out won't blow you away but are more than adequate. This car handles well, is fun to drive, and has a smooth quiet ride.I am currently averaging about 26.5 MPG combined city and highway. One of the biggest complaints that I consistently read about from other owners was the quality of the radio. Initially, I agreed but later found that the radio bass and treble controls were set to zero. Once that was corrected the sound quality was much improved. I love my Suzuki!

9th Suzuki product and going strong!
By timber20 on 04/29/11 10:06 AM (PDT)

I have owned other vehicles and dollar for dollar Suzuki rocks the things that are important to me, reliability, safety and great gas mileage. We have a SX4 Crossover and an Xl7 currently and total cost of ownership per year, including insurance and maintenence is less than 1200.00 for both of them. They have the highest safety ratings in their class and I never have to do anything but wiper blades, tires and brake pads, ever. I recommend Suzuki for Colorado driver's who investigate and find the best car for their money

Is there a higher selection than 5 for excellent?
By mmagana on 04/28/11 15:37 PM (PDT)

I purchased my SX4 AWD for zipping around town safely and to go up to my cabin in Big Bear on the weekends, in fact, when going up to the mountans, I don't have to place chains on the tires when snowing, saving me time and hassle. The All-Wheel-Drive system works perfectly!!! The car drives great, very comfortable seats that sit up high and give me a very secure feeling. And with 8 airbags, I'm very comfortable placing my family in the car. I did a lot of reserch before buying, based on the value, safety ratings, and Consumer Reports recommendation, my choice was very easy. I have nearly 60k miles on it and never had a problem other than routine maintenance.

29,654 of 29,683 people found this review helpful
Suzuki SX4 is a junk car
By will_c on 03/24/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

This is a disposable car, spend a little extra for a better car! Dont make my mistake. with less then 100,000 miles I went through 4 sets of brakes, inner tie-rod, water pump, rear wheel assembly, 2 Catalytic Converter, O2 sensor. Ive never gotten better then 25 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.