Used 2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

A good choice!
By mbroster74101

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving cars for nearly a year, I decided on and SX4 sedan, sport SE. Compared it to other compact cars, from cheap up to almost $30K this car impressed me most with performance & options, the low price was just an added bonus. I found it funner, more solid feeling than a Golf that cost $8K more,more features than mazda3, better looking than a civic!

Favorite Features

wheels, 17" with low profile tires. Standard navigation, pearl black paint, design/style (its designed in Italy)

Suggested Improvements

I agree with other reviewers, a sunroof/leather package would be nice, but Im going to have those installed.

Completely surprised
By rothparker80

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It was a fluke that we happened upon this car. In the market for a new VW Golf originally. On the way to pick up the Golf, we passed by Suzuki, the SX4 caught our eye,we stopped in for a last minute look. The styling, wheels and features had us nearly sold on it before driving it. Once we drove it, that sealed the deal. It was way more sophisticated than a Honda, Toyota etc. and was much funner to drive than the Golf, not to mention $6K cheaper, better warranty and more features. I do agree with the other reviews in that it could use leather, sunroof and heated seats, like you can get on Corollas,but Suzuki had to leave some room for improvement I suppose.

Favorite Features

looks, handling, performance (6 sp manual) navi, wheels

Suggested Improvements

add a "lux" package with a moonroof, leather and heated seats

Just terriffic!
By nicolasR

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If you're shopping for a sporty compact, test drive one an you'll be sold. Sx4 is fun, feels like a more expensive small sports compact, think a4/ jetta/ s40 but at a fraction of the cost. I was considering a jetta, my wife liked the mini Cooper, but after contemplating we landed at 2 Suzuki sx4s, one hatch back (cuter than a Cooper) and a sedan with the se package. We traded in a Civic and insight, and were glad to be rid of those two. The sx4s are way ahead of Honda in this segment, not to mention way better looking :) both have been a dream to own, not one complaint.

Favorite Features

looks, best power in class, ride quality, room

Suggested Improvements

heated seats

Superb Suzuki aka Fiat
By talledega66

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The car has been simple to own, the maintenance schedule is easy with the timing chain instead of belt ( as seen on more expensive cars), the oil changes every 7500 miles, with a special we got free a maintenance package. Suspension is better than any other comparably priced compact sedan, even better than one I drove costing almost 10k more. It feels heavier really secure at all speeds, corners well. Overall the 150 hp engine is enough with manual 6 speed (I test drove automatic and it was also adequate), but not as much fun. The car gets attention, people always like the styling. For a small car there's a lot of head and leg room even in back, overall it was the best choice

Favorite Features

nice rims, cool style (different than plain compacts we see all over), navigation, cd changer, color

Suggested Improvements

a two door version would be nice!

Fantastic purchase
By zcal77

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sedan Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This has been a fun car to drive on a daily basis. Though its a naturally aspirated four cylinder, it has a lot of low end torque and the manual six speed uses the power well. It keeps right up with more powerful engines, the 150 horsepower is plenty. It handles way better than the other comparable vehicles I considered, and feels more solid and safe. The only things I think would make it better would be the option of a sunroof and leather. I had those installed, so for me I couldn't ask for more! The styling is also top notch, designed in Italy, it gets a lot of compliments.

Favorite Features

17 inch wheels, manual 6 speed, navigation, style

Suggested Improvements

leather and sunroof option, power seats