2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
A good car stuffed up by engineers
By ozisx4 on 06/05/14 02:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I studied engineering 30 years ago, one of the first things we were taught was to make frequently serviced components easily accessible. Obviously the engineers at Suzuki did not go to the same university !, try changing the cigarette lighter fuse, you have to dismantle the facia or be a contortionist, try to replace the oil filter, almost impossible to undo and retighten without special tools ! Love the car but hate working on it, also a problem with the paint on the hood, measles !!! Suzuki maintain that they are stone chips despite no similar spots on the guards etc. Suzuki aftersales service SUCKS.

Overall a nice, fun, 4WD SUV
By tishpit1 on 11/01/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My father and I co-own this car, bought new, to handle the treacherous roads of Pittsburgh in the winter. It handles very sporty, good tire grip, great in turns. Mileage was a dismal 16 MPG in Pa., but since moving to Florida, now getting 27.6 MPG, but all level driving. Feels roomy up front, tight in rear, and more cargo room than a sedan, but not as good as it could be (fold flat rear seat needed!). Peppy around town and on highway, CVT does a good job. Interior is rather bland and radio quality is poor. But my biggest gripe is regarding the front "A" pillars... causes DANGEROUS blind spots. Poor design on that, and must lean forward and back to see around them. Seats are hard too.

Best car I have ever owned
By teds1782 on 04/06/12 14:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot). It drives great, good power for a small good, very comfortable, the all wheel drive is AWSOME this car does great in the snow. Only comlaint cargo area is a little small other than that very excellent car!!!!!!

You get what you pay for
By andrewf86 on 01/07/12 17:03 PM (PST)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a pretty bland car that lacks important creature comforts and is surprisingly small. At first it feels large but once you put 4 adults in you realize how small it really is. We bought this car because we had a baby on the way. The trunk barely fits the baby stroller and the passenger seat has to be moved all the way forward to accommodate the baby seat. This car gets very poor MPG, isn't fun to drive, and isn't very large. The only real redeeming feature I can think of is the AWD which is pretty capable even in very nasty weather. It's not a bad car, it's just very mediocre but it doesn't cost much money.

A Fun SUV alternative
By CWM on 08/06/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a brand new SX4 Crossover AWD Technology in Copper last month after having the transmission go out on our Hyundai. After looking at a variety of different cars, my wife saw one of these in the parking lot at Walmart and instantly came home and researched it on the internet. The next day, we went and test drove one. We love the spacious interior, excellent gps, cruise control, power everything, and the beautiful copper color. Selectable All wheel drive is a bonus, as is the CVT transmission with manual shifting ability. The Crossover rides smoothly, but tends to have some body lean and sometimes spongy feel. The engine is powerful, but only above 3,000 RPM. Overall, good car

Decent Little SUV Alternative
By JDA on 06/13/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my wife's new car. She loves it. She traded in her pickup for it due to heavy driving. It drives Very well and has good get up and go. The built-in GPS is a genius way to have one without needing a super expensive radio. So far my wife loves it. We were looking for a an SUV or minivan for her, but she saw it and said, "this one's cute." The price is also right for a new car. The dealer was very good and positive. We were also surprised with the $300 gas card! If you're looking for a nice small vehicle, definitely check it out. There is one caveat however. I am 5'9" and I can't find a comfortable driving position. This is meant for shorter drivers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback in VA is:

$128 per month*