2010 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
A good car stuffed up by engineers
By ozisx4 on 06/05/14 02:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I studied engineering 30 years ago, one of the first things we were taught was to make frequently serviced components easily accessible. Obviously the engineers at Suzuki did not go to the same university !, try changing the cigarette lighter fuse, you have to dismantle the facia or be a contortionist, try to replace the oil filter, almost impossible to undo and retighten without special tools ! Love the car but hate working on it, also a problem with the paint on the hood, measles !!! Suzuki maintain that they are stone chips despite no similar spots on the guards etc. Suzuki aftersales service SUCKS.

Overall a nice, fun, 4WD SUV
By tishpit1 on 11/01/13 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My father and I co-own this car, bought new, to handle the treacherous roads of Pittsburgh in the winter. It handles very sporty, good tire grip, great in turns. Mileage was a dismal 16 MPG in Pa., but since moving to Florida, now getting 27.6 MPG, but all level driving. Feels roomy up front, tight in rear, and more cargo room than a sedan, but not as good as it could be (fold flat rear seat needed!). Peppy around town and on highway, CVT does a good job. Interior is rather bland and radio quality is poor. But my biggest gripe is regarding the front "A" pillars... causes DANGEROUS blind spots. Poor design on that, and must lean forward and back to see around them. Seats are hard too.

Best car I have ever owned
By teds1782 on 04/06/12 14:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot). It drives great, good power for a small good, very comfortable, the all wheel drive is AWSOME this car does great in the snow. Only comlaint cargo area is a little small other than that very excellent car!!!!!!

You get what you pay for
By andrewf86 on 01/07/12 17:03 PM (PST)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a pretty bland car that lacks important creature comforts and is surprisingly small. At first it feels large but once you put 4 adults in you realize how small it really is. We bought this car because we had a baby on the way. The trunk barely fits the baby stroller and the passenger seat has to be moved all the way forward to accommodate the baby seat. This car gets very poor MPG, isn't fun to drive, and isn't very large. The only real redeeming feature I can think of is the AWD which is pretty capable even in very nasty weather. It's not a bad car, it's just very mediocre but it doesn't cost much money.

A good choice!
By mbroster74101 on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving cars for nearly a year, I decided on and SX4 sedan, sport SE. Compared it to other compact cars, from cheap up to almost $30K this car impressed me most with performance & options, the low price was just an added bonus. I found it funner, more solid feeling than a Golf that cost $8K more,more features than mazda3, better looking than a civic!

Completely surprised
By rothparker80 on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It was a fluke that we happened upon this car. In the market for a new VW Golf originally. On the way to pick up the Golf, we passed by Suzuki, the SX4 caught our eye,we stopped in for a last minute look. The styling, wheels and features had us nearly sold on it before driving it. Once we drove it, that sealed the deal. It was way more sophisticated than a Honda, Toyota etc. and was much funner to drive than the Golf, not to mention $6K cheaper, better warranty and more features. I do agree with the other reviews in that it could use leather, sunroof and heated seats, like you can get on Corollas,but Suzuki had to leave some room for improvement I suppose.

Superb Suzuki aka Fiat
By talledega66 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The car has been simple to own, the maintenance schedule is easy with the timing chain instead of belt ( as seen on more expensive cars), the oil changes every 7500 miles, with a special we got free a maintenance package. Suspension is better than any other comparably priced compact sedan, even better than one I drove costing almost 10k more. It feels heavier really secure at all speeds, corners well. Overall the 150 hp engine is enough with manual 6 speed (I test drove automatic and it was also adequate), but not as much fun. The car gets attention, people always like the styling. For a small car there's a lot of head and leg room even in back, overall it was the best choice

Just terriffic!
By nicolasR on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If you're shopping for a sporty compact, test drive one an you'll be sold. Sx4 is fun, feels like a more expensive small sports compact, think a4/ jetta/ s40 but at a fraction of the cost. I was considering a jetta, my wife liked the mini Cooper, but after contemplating we landed at 2 Suzuki sx4s, one hatch back (cuter than a Cooper) and a sedan with the se package. We traded in a Civic and insight, and were glad to be rid of those two. The sx4s are way ahead of Honda in this segment, not to mention way better looking :) both have been a dream to own, not one complaint.

Fantastic purchase
By zcal77 on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This has been a fun car to drive on a daily basis. Though its a naturally aspirated four cylinder, it has a lot of low end torque and the manual six speed uses the power well. It keeps right up with more powerful engines, the 150 horsepower is plenty. It handles way better than the other comparable vehicles I considered, and feels more solid and safe. The only things I think would make it better would be the option of a sunroof and leather. I had those installed, so for me I couldn't ask for more! The styling is also top notch, designed in Italy, it gets a lot of compliments.

Better than the rivals!
By zukiguy on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Suzuki SX4 Sport SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been the easiest car to own, with specials etc. I have no out of pocket cost for maintenance, it gets better gas mileage than estimated. I average 32 mpg mixed driving. Drives and handles like a more expensive European car, volvo s40-ish. The power is highest in its class with 150 hp and it's great, very peppy. Its very comfortable and interior/exterior fit, finish and style are top notch and it doesn't look for feel cheap like the other compact sedans I considered buying. This car is worth a look, you'll be surprised as I was, its awesome and very reliable, never had one problem

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Suzuki SX4 in VA is:

$157 per month*