2009 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Review: Suzuki SX4 2009 Review

2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Review

Crossover 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Technology Pkg, Navigation)

Suzuki SX4 2009 Review
By tarias on

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with this car. I have a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids under 13 years of age). We have a SUV too but we use this vehicle for most of our daily driving,trips and errands. I especially like the amount of torque the car has when carrying 5 people. You barely notice any power loss with 5 passengers and I'm not scared to get on the highway with it. We traded in a Honda CRV because of that problem. I have 45k+ miles on it and it's been very reliable. Aside from routine maintenance like oil changes, wiper blades and air filter, I've done nothing. Brakes will need to be changed at 50k miles. Tires need changing now at 45k. My view of Suzuki has positively changed with this vehicle

I have a bad back and the high stance of the car and driver seat feels great on my back. The interior is nice enough. While the interior is not "high end", it never felt or looked cheap. People compliment the interior. Handles very nice for a car with such a high stance. Definitely fun to drive with manual. It looks small but I'm amazed how much we get in the car. The AWD has been awesome. It's fine in the snow but awesome in the rain which is where the AWD kicks in the most. I bought it new and for the price I paid, I cannot complain.

Wind noise on highway is a bit too loud. I wish the fuel economy was a bit better but the car average has been 27 MPG with AWD & 50/50 city/highway. Not too bad. While the Navigation system is fine the bluetooth going thru it got complaints from everyone receiving my calls. Got lots of "hard to hear you" comments. Turns out the plastics surrounding the Nav/microphone vibrate the microphone in the Nav. I fixed it with a rubber piece I made that stopped the vibration. Factory should have better design. 5 cent rubber bumper fixed it. Small gas tank.