2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:
Happy Suzuki Owner
By crewchimp on 12/10/09 10:41 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently had to trade-out of my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. My goals were to get a car which is capable of getting good gas mileage, hauling dogs, mountain-bikes, and whatever else I needed. Payments had to be moderately low, and the car needed to be reliable, comfortable and perform well. All of these are easily satisfied with the SX4. I have been averaging about 29 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. It has been very comfortable to sit in and drive. It has ample room inside for 4 and cargo room is adequate with the rear seats folded. The manual transmission is above average for a compact car, and the ergonomics are above par too. It handles well and grips the road even with stock tires.

BAD FUEL ECONOMY
By Kelly on 11/23/09 08:07 AM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just brought a 2009 SX4 Crossover Tech Package in Nov. 16, 2009. The tag says 21/28 on the feul economy. But I have been using it for the pass week and the mile marker goes down to 16 mpg local and only 20 mpg on the highway. I expected to be at lease 21/28. Other then that the car is great. If anyone is looking for a fuel efficient car I would not recommend this. Also the cloth seat cover seems too thin.

Best Bang for Buck
By happycamper on 11/16/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Do your research and drive a bunch of cars. I drove the Honda Element, Kia Soul, Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Hands down this car was the best of all these cars combined. Features wise you cannot get a car with all that Suzuki offers for the price from any other car company. Find an 09 and Suzuki is giving 3k off. Find a dealer with inventory and they are willing to move the price even more. I am 6'3" and 220lbs and I fit no problem. Easy in and out and seats are comfortable. Main reason I bought the car, traded in 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T was the lack of comfort in the Dodge(many other reason, car was a lemon). No other car in the class of small economy will give you the features SX4 does.

love this car
By Jack on 10/14/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have seen this car on road and at traffic stops. Looked at other cars- compared price, reports/reviews, recalls. Shopped 4 dealers with my trade-in,got the best deal at my local dealer by $600 and within $300 of what I wantd. The dealer-salespeople were fantastic. was going to pay for it but 0% financing-ok/ The car is really great-fun to drive-more than enough headroom-free Garmin-car loaded w equipment.Dont wait! good pickup and passing-26.8 mpg n town so far. Going on trip this weekend!! Car is quiet, no road noise,will pull out in front of traffic from red lite-corners good- give it some gas going around corner- like on a motorcycle,no body lean,stops quicker than on a dime!!!

I love Mine
By grassg23 on 10/02/09 22:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Had this car for three months and I cant wait for the winter months to see how it handles in the snow!..A great, fun to drive little vehicle. It is very sturdy and you sit up high in it...lots of space and plenty of room for passengers. VERY handsome vehicle

Best Car I ever owned!!!!!
By Alex on 09/18/09 01:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've traded my Honda civic for this car and it was worth it!!! Immaculate reliability and I average 28 mpg city. I got this car for a little less than 12 thousand and I have been very satisfied!! My mom convinced me to get it because she had an Aerio with 267,000 miles with no problems! Great warranty! I call her Suzy and the girls like her too, they tell me she's cute. But overall, great car for the money, get yourself a Suzy and stop paying $20,000 + for Hondas and Toyotas, power windows are not even standard in the base price! This car is worth every penny and it's Japanese quality. Could you imagine if it had more horsepower?

great buy
By sandy on 09/17/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in July because of the awd. I love driving it. great gas mileage. The GPS box got broken? and they will be replacing it for free. also love the fact that i got a free gas card for purchasing it. I got a great price, traded in 2 cars for it.

Great Purchase!
By taroo on 09/16/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Let me start w/how much I love this car. From the 34 mpg I just averaged on a trip to CA last week, to the great navigation system, the heated seats, the panoramic view, the spacious trunk space, the back seats that comfortably seat a 170 lb. Great Dane, and the AWD/2WD/Auto system that leaves me looking forward to snow - there are only 4 things I would suggest improving on: Adding a sunroof, adding a 6th gear (manual), a little more power, and more comfortable seats/headrests. I did a lot of research & I knew what to expect. It's a lot of extra's for the money, but if you are looking for luxury, this is not the car for you. I love my car! Great job Suzuki!

Suzuki SX4
By Tom S. on 09/12/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 LE 4dr Sedan w/Popular Pkg (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice small - medium size car. Has a very strong engine (for its category), a lot of space and it is priced better than the competition.

Biggest Mistake Yet
By Lacy on 08/20/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In the short while that I've owned this car, the airbag sensor has gone off---requiring the front passenger seat to be replaced. It now squeaks continuously if someone sits in it. The Keyless entry/start system seems to be questionable---I have now had to replace the key fobs twice because they do not recognize the car. There are 3 small cheap plastic coverings under the back seat---one of these fell off the other day. Apparently, the car I purchased is less than perfect. It only has 2,000 miles on it. I'm so wishing I could get rid of it, but I'm stuck with it for the time being. One certainly gets what one pays for.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Suzuki SX4 in VA is:

$120 per month*