Used 2009 Suzuki SX4 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Suzuki SX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SX4 model:

Excellent and Fun.
By DDay

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Touring Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Enjoying this car every-time I get in and drive. The fact that I can switch from 2 wheel to all wheel to locking into 4x4 mode is brilliant. The car handles well and has an upscale approach to styling and material. Two thumbs up and I have owned aver 18 cars in my life.

Everything

none

Great value
By Tony

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A lot of stuff for a little money: AWD, navigation, Bluetooth, steering wheel-mounted controls. Perfect winter/second car.

Navigation

MPG, audio auxiliary input.

GREAT Little Car!
By peackno

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Technology Pkg, Nav (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Suzuki and I couldn't be more pleased. For all of the standard equipment included, the value of this car can't be beat. I looked at and drove a lot of other small cars, but the SX4 came out on top. The 5 speed and good pickup makes it a very fun car to drive. Shifting is smooth as I buzz around town and parallel parking is a snap. I also do highway driving and it has sufficient power to hold its own. I was especially glad to have the on-demand 4WD during a VERY SNOWY winter. On several occasions, I zipped up snow-covered hills past other vehicles. NICE! Slip control is great! I'm getting 27-28 MPG on combined driving. I have gotten 30 MPG on highway.

Good power and pick up for a small car, shifts smoothly, love having the choice of FWD, auto-drive or 4WD; slip control; great cargo room especially with fold over seats; very fun to drive (5-speed), tight turning and accurate handling; great Suzuki dealer options

Blind spot in corners of front windshield takes some getting used to; small gas tank; would benefit from a 6th gear; definitely need to add a sunroof option; could use a few more interior storage areas

Great features!
By Charly

2009 Suzuki SX4 Sport 4dr Sedan w/Technology Pkg, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle excels in the fun to drive department, at least with manual transmission. I like the exterior design. The fact that there are not too many sx4 in the streets, makes this car more attractive.

The bluetooth is excellent. The radio or CD will pause as you use the phone. The integrated GPS, even when it looks cheap, is extraordinarily useful.

Better gas mileage. 6th gear for the manual transmission (I believe that the 2010 already have it) and a button to open the trunk.

The fun 4 wheel drive
By Bernard

2009 Suzuki SX4 Crossover 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking to replace my Geo Tracker and wanted to have a 4 wheel on command with manual and excellent fuel economy. The SX4 stuck out as the smallest most fuel efficient in this class. The purchase price was another major component. I have the car now driven through one of toughest winters the Midwest had in a long time. The car performed without a glitch and I am very happy with y choice.

On command 4 wheel drive without any need to stop. Slip control is great for almost all situations. I was forced to go into full 4 wheel only occasionally. Breaks great, keeps track great and has enough comfort for medium range driving (about 240 miles every week). Has enough pep for fun driving.

Tank is just too small, 14 gallons would be great. Six gears would improve fuel economy even further but might be difficult for the uninitiated.